Make glossy plastic look nice

Tried this the other day with my G930 headset, looks nice but it's honestly not too much of a difference. Thanks for the tutorial

I too have an G930 headset (which the battery has died in...) and I took it out to look at it and the parts that are glossy are somewhat curved so you may have a hard time getting a good result on them. I'm not sure, maybe you did a great job but you are just not happy about it but because of the curvature this may be the issue.

Also, maybe you used a bad scouring pad or sand paper or didn't do it for long enough and that is the reason you didn't achieve the result you wanted.

I don't know, but I would recommend you trying it out on a flat surface before you make up your mind. :)

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf

I too have an G930 headset (which the battery has died in...) and I took it out to look at it and the parts that are glossy are somewhat curved so you may have a hard time getting a good result on them. I'm not sure, maybe you did a great job but you are just not happy about it but because of the curvature this may be the issue.

Also, maybe you used a bad scouring pad or sand paper or didn't do it for long enough and that is the reason you didn't achieve the result you wanted.

I don't know, but I would recommend you trying it out on a flat surface before you make up your mind. :)

Yeah definitely the curved surface made it hard to get a good finish :P I've got 20 more scotch brites waitting for trying again in the future

Yeah definitely the curved surface made it hard to get a good finish :P I've got 20 more scotch brites waitting for trying again in the future

Haha, that's what I thought :P Great, just grab some old external hdd or something and try it out! :)

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf

Forum was being stupid, acidental triple post. Will take pics

Lol triple post, that's an ultra fail :P

• 1 month later...

You can hit it with two coats of flat clear lacquer when you're done to seal the brushed look in and get rid of the beat up look that came with it.

Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 - Naga 2012 - Naga - Tiamat 2.2 - Electra - Nostromo - Manticor - Scarab - Mouse Bungee - Hoodie - Messenger Bag - Keyboard Bag - L33T Pack - Synapse - Comms - Game Booster 

Should I do this on my Razer Blackwidow. The Blue LED version with glossy look for anyone who doesn't know?

Do this right now.

If this post helped you, mark it as solved and give it a like - Always like seeing when someones issue has been solved. :)

• 2 weeks later...

OMG,i showed this to my cousin, and he did it on the back of his ipod 4. It looks nice, but when he put a rubber case over it , it got kinda weird looking/.