$2000 build - Please evaluate ASAP

frostentangle

The psu is a touch large for a single gpu.

I don't understand getting so many fans. Other than that everything looks good.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

The psu is a touch large for a single gpu.

I don't understand getting so many fans. Other than that everything looks good.

I would possibly do SLI in the near future hence the larger PSU.

I'm setting up 2 front, 2 top, 1 rear for the fans. How do you recommend the airflow setup?

CPU: Core i7-4790k Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 CAS 9 16GB SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

GPU: Asus gtx770 2gb ddr5 direct cu11 oc PSU: Seasonic X750 80+ GOLD Full Modular Case: CM 690 III Cooling: Noctua NH-D14

Others: Corsair SP fans X5, NZXT fan controller, NZXT Sleeves

I would possibly do SLI in the near future hence the larger PSU.

I'm setting up 2 front, 2 top, 1 rear for the fans. How do you recommend the airflow setup?

750W should be enough, but you may want to consider getting an 850W/860W model for a little more headroom.

My philosophy on fans is to stick with stock unless and until they prove too noisy or ineffectual. Fans can be easily added at any time.

Most people prefer pulling in from the front & bottom and exhausting out the rear and top. It is common practice to create a slight over pressure inside the case, i.e. a little more air being drawn in than exhausted.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

750W should be enough, but you may want to consider getting an 850W/860W model for a little more headroom.

My philosophy on fans is to stick with stock unless and until they prove too noisy or ineffectual. Fans can be easily added at any time.

Most people prefer pulling in from the front & bottom and exhausting out the rear and top. It is common practice to create a slight over pressure inside the case, i.e. a little more air being drawn in than exhausted.

Actually, the primary reason why I'm going for the 750W for now because of the availability of stocks. The supplier was skeptical with the 550W so he insisted I'd get the 750w instead and I wanted to stick with seasonic brand for the PSU but they only have limited range of stocks available so I ended up with 750W.

I'm selling my current system unit so I'm thinking of giving the stock fans of CM690 III as a freebie.

Will take note of the air flow. Thanks!

CPU: Core i7-4790k Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 CAS 9 16GB SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

GPU: Asus gtx770 2gb ddr5 direct cu11 oc PSU: Seasonic X750 80+ GOLD Full Modular Case: CM 690 III Cooling: Noctua NH-D14

UPDATE:

10384834_544240669039638_781755761528098

Just so that you won't regret it, try to fit a 250GB SSD in your budget. It won't be that much more expensive but it'll double your storage (which get's used up pretty fast, trust me).

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

Just so that you won't regret it, try to fit a 250GB SSD in your budget. It won't be that much more expensive but it'll double your storage (which get's used up pretty fast, trust me).

It's doubled the price of 120GB here, but definitely one of my considerations in the future. I don't have to worry much about storage for now as I'm currently just using up 50GB from my OS drive. Although this is my first time using SSD so my appetite might get larger so I'd definitely go for more space in the near future. Also, if I add another SSD in the future, is there an option to join the storage capacity of the current SSD to the new one, as I don't want the hassle to re-install OS and other programs when I add a new one?

It's doubled the price of 120GB here, but definitely one of my considerations in the future. I don't have to worry much about storage for now as I'm currently just using up 50GB from my OS drive. Although this is my first time using SSD so my appetite might get larger so I'd definitely go for more space in the near future. Also, if I add another SSD in the future, is there an option to join the storage capacity of the current SSD to the new one, as I don't want the hassle to re-install OS and other programs when I add a new one?

Damn that sucks! In the US is like only 60% more expensive... Regarding the re-installing process of the OS, if you get a Samsung SSD I believe there's a software called Samsung Magician or something like that which does that for you.

I don't have much experience regarding this though so I should advise you to ask someone else here when you need to do it.

Good luck with your build bro!

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

Damn that sucks! In the US is like only 60% more expensive... Regarding the re-installing process of the OS, if you get a Samsung SSD I believe there's a software called Samsung Magician or something like that which does that for you.

I don't have much experience regarding this though so I should advise you to ask someone else here when you need to do it.

Good luck with your build bro!

Thanks bro. Appreciate your help.