How to sleeve your watercooling tube

Kukielka

How expensive would it be if I wanted to watercool just my CPU? There is minimal space for a radiator (only a foot by six inches on the bottom). but I figure since it is only the CPU a small watercooling setup should be just fine. 

Thanks | Grant

good tutorial!

I'm not really a fan of sleeving over the tubing some of the things are not completely complete looking. That kind of bugs me when the sleeving has an imperfection at the end of the run where it sometimes frays out etc.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Clicked the thread link thinking this was a dumb idea, clicked the Imgur link thinking the same. Typed this comment thinking the opposite.

Nice work. Not sure on the colour though.

Thanks alot! Seems like many people think the same way :)

How expensive would it be if I wanted to watercool just my CPU? There is minimal space for a radiator (only a foot by six inches on the bottom). but I figure since it is only the CPU a small watercooling setup should be just fine. 

Thanks | Grant

My thumbrule is: Only CPU = AIO :)

good tutorial!

I'm not really a fan of sleeving over the tubing some of the things are not completely complete looking. That kind of bugs me when the sleeving has an imperfection at the end of the run where it sometimes frays out etc.

You're right, I also want that everything has a look like it is finished, this sure takes some time if you want to have it perfect, but for me, the result is worth it :)

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

Amazing. Why didn't you go without shrink tube sleeving? 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Amazing. Why didn't you go without shrink tube sleeving? 

I think I dont quite get your question, I did not use heatshrink, if that is what you mean :o

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

I think I dont quite get your question, I did not use heatshrink, if that is what you mean :o

Sorry bout the english lewl, was sleepy yesterday. 

Meh, I ment the heatshrinkless method on the end of the wires... I find it more harder and time consuming to perfect and align them properly. 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Really good job, I had always thought of it but then thought I was stupid for thinking about it, turned out it looks amazing. This will be my next project, after I retire my H105

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Sorry bout the english lewl, was sleepy yesterday. 

Meh, I ment the heatshrinkless method on the end of the wires... I find it more harder and time consuming to perfect and align them properly. 

Ohhh, you ment the wires! Yeah, normally I like heatsrinkless better :) But that sleeve was kind of a pain in the ass to sleeve that way :D

Really good job, I had always thought of it but then thought I was stupid for thinking about it, turned out it looks amazing. This will be my next project, after I retire my H105

Post some pics in this thread :D

I want to see the result :)

Thanks for the guide, it looks fantastic.

On a side note, the audio is barely audible. 

I'll keep that in mind for the future, thanks :)

witchcraft

I take that as a compliment, thanks :)

I take that as a compliment, thanks :)

no problem

Its all looks these days

• 5 weeks later...

I like the animusic in the background  :)

Specs: i7 4790k, r9 280 windforce OC, 8gb hyperx fury 1866 RAM, z97 PC Mate, 256gb mx100, black pearl r4, 2tb WD Red (soon)

I'm seeing a new trend on its way

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: ASUS Strix Radeon R7 5700 XT OC Edition Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 CL14 SSD: 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860 Cooling: NZXT Kraken X72 Case: Corsair Crystal Series 570X Mirror Black Display: BenQ XL2420Z  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Audio: Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum

• 3 weeks later...

if the tubing is coloured will the colour show through the sleeving?

lets say green tubing with black/white sleeves

if the tubing is coloured will the colour show through the sleeving?

lets say green tubing with black/white sleeves

Depending on the sleeve, it is possible that it will show through, but you can use that to give it a unique look :)

if you choose mdpcx sleeve as example it wont show the tubing as much as no-name brand sleeving.

• 1 year later...
On 7.9.2014 at 7:51 PM, Kukielka said:

Hey there, I know, it aint much and high quality and stuff, but here's my little tutorial for my method of sleeving watercooling tube. If you do it, make sure to post some pics :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo4tFwSUuBA

Feel free to give advise :D

(English aint my native language :/ )

Reference: http://imgur.com/a/yS8D1

Hi :)  I know this thread is pretty ancient but I'm looking for guides how to sleeve watercooling tubes. Your video doesn't seem to be available anymore :/ Could you reupload it? Would be awesome. :) Thanks

No? :( I was really just wondering whether you attach the sleeving in some way or just pinch it with the compression fittings

Its very nice

PS: How is the 4770K not bottlenecking the 3 R9 390s when the i7 has only 16 PCIe lanes and its x8 x4 x4?

• 5 years later...
On 9/7/2014 at 7:51 PM, Kukielka said:

Hey there, I know, it aint much and high quality and stuff, but here's my little tutorial for my method of sleeving watercooling tube. If you do it, make sure to post some pics :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo4tFwSUuBA

Feel free to give advise :D

(English aint my native language :/ )

Reference: http://imgur.com/a/yS8D1

The video seems to be offline. Could you reupload it?

5 hours ago, rossi94 said:

The video seems to be offline. Could you reupload it?

I'm afraid I do not have that video available anymore, however my written guide should be more than enough to get the job done. 🙂

https://imgur.com/gallery/nz8jE3F

and here are some slightly newer references: https://imgur.com/a/XCKdSud

8 hours ago, Kukielka said:

I'm afraid I do not have that video available anymore, however my written guide should be more than enough to get the job done. 🙂

https://imgur.com/gallery/nz8jE3F

and here are some slightly newer references: https://imgur.com/a/XCKdSud

Thanks I thought about leaving the sleeve hang over on both sides. Pull the compression rings over the sleeve first then the tubing and then cut the sleeve to size. Did you ever try that?

Did you ever have leakage? Should it not compress more and seal tighter?

17 hours ago, rossi94 said:

Thanks I thought about leaving the sleeve hang over on both sides. Pull the compression rings over the sleeve first then the tubing and then cut the sleeve to size. Did you ever try that?

Did you ever have leakage? Should it not compress more and seal tighter?

You can try, but you'll see that you can't get an even cut that way, worst thing is when you get single strands of sleeve into the thread of the compression fitting.

With my method I never had a leak, and I've built about 8 systems that way in the course of 5 years. Seems safe to me. 🙂

The additional width of the sleeve compresses the tube even more than without. If anything it should be safer lmao