How to sleeve your watercooling tube

Kukielka

Hey there, I know, it aint much and high quality and stuff, but here's my little tutorial for my method of sleeving watercooling tube. If you do it, make sure to post some pics :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo4tFwSUuBA

Feel free to give advise :D

(English aint my native language :/ )

Reference: http://imgur.com/a/yS8D1

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

Why don't you just buy colored tube?

Tubing is fairly cheap.

Edit:

Holy Crap!

Just saw your build! That is the sexist tubing I have seen

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

Wow, that looks very clean! impressive. More people should do this to tubes. I think I might want to make a new build now :| 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Why don't you just buy colored tube?

Tubing is fairly cheap.

Edit:

Holy Crap!

Just saw your build! That is the sexist tubing I have seen

I love the fact that sleeved tubing has a texture to it, normal tubing is just so "plain".

Wow, that looks very clean! impressive. More people should do this to tubes. I think I might want to make a new build now :| 

Yup, it's something that is not that popular, but I really like it :)

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

It sounds so stupid but looking at your build.....the results are beautiful! 

7xlq0Gx.jpg

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Where can I get sleeve for 3/8 inch tubing in europe?

im pretty sure MDPC-X has it

just remembered they are on vacation untill octobre if im not mistaken

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

im pretty sure MDPC-X has it

just remembered they are on vacation untill octobre if im not mistaken

Thank you sir.

That looks pretty darn cool, good job. I will have to try this myself someday. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

It looks absolutely stunning! It's my first time seeing someone sleeve their tubes, I've seen a few who changed their tubes with different colors but you're the first I see to sleeve it, love it.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

That looks pretty darn cool, good job. I will have to try this myself someday. 

It looks absolutely stunning! It's my first time seeing someone sleeve their tubes, I've seen a few who changed their tubes with different colors but you're the first I see to sleeve it, love it.

Thanks for the kind words :)

That's sick bro! Thanks for the nice tutorial and compliments for the good job...

OS: Windows 10 - Kubuntu 15.10 - Mac OSX El Capitan  CPU: i7 4790 @ 4.00GHz  MOBO: AsRock H97M Pro4  RAM: 4x 8GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz  GPU: VTX3D R9-280 X-Edition  CASE: iTek Spacebox w/ Arctic Fans  PSU: Corsair X750M  SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 Evo  HDD: 3TB Western Digital WD30EZRX  DISPLAY: 3x Acer P193W  MOUSE: 5$ Chinese  TOUCHPAD: Logitech T650 Touchpad  KEYBOARD: Perixx Px-5200 w/Mx-Blues

Very nice, finished product looks great

That's sick bro! Thanks for the nice tutorial and compliments for the good job...

Why I haven't I thought of this before? :o

Thanks alot! :)

If there are any questions regarding the sleeving process, feel free to ask :)

Thanks alot! :)

If there are any questions regarding the sleeving process, feel free to ask :)

If you have 1/2" OD tubing, what kind of sleeving would you use for it so you don't really see the tube?

If you have 1/2" OD tubing, what kind of sleeving would you use for it so you don't really see the tube?

mdpc-x sata sleeve fits nicely over 1/2" OD, and I personally love nils and his work :)

I have never even heard of sleeving tube...

that looks ****ing amazing :o

can i have a link or w/e of the sleeves you work on? plus i don't really understand fully the comments you made on the video but i got the most important thing about 3mm from edges :P

Nice tutorial just if u can update it to something more clear would be awsome!

can i have a link or w/e of the sleeves you work on? plus i don't really understand fully the comments you made on the video 

The sleeves I usally use are either TechFlex FlexoPet (>1/2"OD) or MDPC-X Sata sleeve for (<1/2"OD).

Can you help me find out which thing you did not understand that well? If I can improve the guide I'll make an updated video :)

-snip-

This is amazingly beautiful. Magnificent work! :) Do you have any suggestions on sleeving my AX860?

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

This is amazingly beautiful. Magnificent work! :) Do you have any suggestions on sleeving my AX860?

If you want to sleeve your tubing, make sure you use matching or atleast similiar looking sleeve, if you're ok with a little more pricey stuff, go with mdpc-x, Nils has the best quality sleeve out there :D

i'd love to sleeve my PSU cables but corsair say it will void my 7yr warranty

Sleeved tubing looks good though.   :)   Maybe I'll do that instead.

CPU: i7 4770K 4.2Ghz, Mobo: Asrock Fatal1ty Z97x Killer, GFX: EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC ACX (x2 SLI), RAM: G.Skill 1600Mhz CAS 9 16GB, DSK Intel 530 120GB OS, Crucial M500 120GB, WD 1TB Blue, WD 1TB Green, PSU: Corsair AX1200i, Case: Obsidian 750D. 

SERVER HP ProLiant Microserver N54L, FreeNAS: ZFS, 8TB (4x 2TB WD Red), RAID Z2, 16GB ECC RAM, 1Gb/s Link Aggregated:  Running as NAS, Plex, & ownCloud

i'd love to sleeve my PSU cables but corsair say it will void my 7yr warranty

Sleeved tubing looks good though.   :)   Maybe I'll do that instead.

Buy the connectors, crimp the cables yourself and sleeve them, that way you have a spare original unused set of cables. also make sure to create a pinout.

But that's a little offtopic now :D

Clicked the thread link thinking this was a dumb idea, clicked the Imgur link thinking the same. Typed this comment thinking the opposite.

Nice work. Not sure on the colour though.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S