Video Capture Device Help!

Ok, i'm pretty torn between these 2 options for recording gameplay off of my consoles:

- Getting the new Elgato HD60 to record Wii U games + a second monitor to preview the recording.

- Getting my 3ds XL modded to be able to record gameplay + 1 or 2 games. (Super Smash Bros. for 3ds and I don't really know the other game I might get)

Just wanna hear other opinions on the matter.   :D

FYI: I added it all up and both options will cost about the same.

Probably the elgato and the wii u because you will be able to create higher quality content with the wii u. The 3ds is pretty weak and low resolutions so vids from there may not be desirable.

Ok, i'm pretty torn between these 2 options for recording gameplay off of my consoles:

- Getting the new Elgato HD60 to record Wii U games + a second monitor to preview the recording.

- Getting my 3ds XL modded to be able to record gameplay + 1 or 2 games. (Super Smash Bros. for 3ds and I don't really know the other game I might get)

Just wanna hear other opinions on the matter.   :D

FYI: I added it all up and both options will cost about the same.

The Elgato could be used for multiple devices and consoles. Unless you really want to do lots of game content from the 3DS, I'd suggest the Elgato. Moreover, those new 3DSes will pretty much be needed for a number of newer games, so I'd wait, especially if I could do Wii U content now. 

Do you have both Nintendo systems? Because that could change up some of the dynamics.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Multi-use-cases.

The one your friends are gunna ask you to bring over to help make their recordings at the glorious 60fps.

:)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz