How to pack for RMA?

renz62
Go to solution Solved by theonlyBuster,

So I got to make Corsair pay both ways for my RMA with the Corsair K70 MX Brown switches. I want to ask how should I pack the contents properly.

- Should I buy a box and fill it myself with foam?

- Should I just get UPS to pack it for me? Is that possible?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

So I got to make Corsair pay both ways for my RMA with the Corsair K70 MX Brown switches. I want to ask how should I pack the contents properly.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

First and foremost, if they're fronting the bill, they should be or should have sent you a shipping label and brief page of instructions. 

You're best to use a clean box, that is to say a box that hasn't been used and doesn't have miscellaneous writing all over it.  IF you have the original box, toss the contents in there, if not, try to stuff it as neatly as possible (it helps THEM a bit).

For security, you can use anything from packing peanuts, bubble wrap to balled up pieces of newspaper.

Make sure you secure any wiring with twist ties or rubber bands. 

Additionally I like including a piece of paper with the RMA information inside the box.  I often tape it to the item (or box), as well as allow another copy to free float in the box near the top.

Often when shipping the item back, they ask that you include the RMA number on the outside of the box.  I try to do this on as many sides as possible, as well as write as neatly as possible.

From there, tape up the box securely, attach the packing label and venture down to the specified shipping company. 

Be sure BEFORE sending to save a copy of the shipping info and tracking number in the event the package gets lost in the mail. 

Of couse if more help is needed, you can do a quick YouTube search for somehing on the lines of "packing a box" "packing RMA" or something of that nature.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

You got Corsair to pay both ways for your RMA?  Man I wish I had your luck with Mushkin.  I am still sitting on a 1000 watt psu that never worked out of the box and they want me to pay to ship it back.  What good is a warranty when the cost to send something back is so expensive?  Why are companies not eating the cost when most of their profits work and RMAs would not eat into their profit much?  I was offered some memory in exchange for the dead psu but by having me pay for shipping what is the point?

As for how it should be packed ask Corsair what they expect and do the minimum.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

You got Corsair to pay both ways for your RMA?  Man I wish I had your luck with Mushkin.  I am still sitting on a 1000 watt psu that never worked out of the box and they want me to pay to ship it back.  What good is a warranty when the cost to send something back is so expensive?  Why are companies not eating the cost when most of their profits work and RMAs would not eat into their profit much?  I was offered some memory in exchange for the dead psu but by having me pay for shipping what is the point?

As for how it should be packed ask Corsair what they expect and do the minimum.

I think you should try the Live Chat support. It's open right now. I just said that I can't pay for the shipping 'cause International shipping is too costly. They said "ok" with it and gave me a pre-paid shipping label.

I guess I got lucky with the agent.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

If you have some bubble wrap laying around you can use that as well, but yeah you'd need to get a box that it can fit in, not too big though - I don't think shipping companies do packaging, ask them?

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

I think you should try the Live Chat support. It's open right now. I just said that I can't pay for the shipping 'cause International shipping is too costly. They said "ok" with it and gave me a pre-paid shipping label.

I guess I got lucky with the agent.

I went back to the Mushkin website and complained and linked this topic.  If one company can do it another can.  Heck my cable company pays for the sending and returning of hardware all the time.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Wrap the Keyboard in bubblewrap and fill the box around it with packing peanuts. Basically just fill the box so that the keyboard won't move or be damaged.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

First and foremost, if they're fronting the bill, they should be or should have sent you a shipping label and brief page of instructions. 

You're best to use a clean box, that is to say a box that hasn't been used and doesn't have miscellaneous writing all over it.  IF you have the original box, toss the contents in there, if not, try to stuff it as neatly as possible (it helps THEM a bit).

For security, you can use anything from packing peanuts, bubble wrap to balled up pieces of newspaper.

Make sure you secure any wiring with twist ties or rubber bands. 

Additionally I like including a piece of paper with the RMA information inside the box.  I often tape it to the item (or box), as well as allow another copy to free float in the box near the top.

Often when shipping the item back, they ask that you include the RMA number on the outside of the box.  I try to do this on as many sides as possible, as well as write as neatly as possible.

From there, tape up the box securely, attach the packing label and venture down to the specified shipping company. 

Be sure BEFORE sending to save a copy of the shipping info and tracking number in the event the package gets lost in the mail. 

Of couse if more help is needed, you can do a quick YouTube search for somehing on the lines of "packing a box" "packing RMA" or something of that nature.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Get a box and make sure you have a couple inches of foam or bubble wrap around the product.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?