Kingston HyperX Cloud Headset Full Review (Updated Pictures!)

How well would these perform in CSGO? I currently have the HD558's but the low cost of these intrigue me to getting a second pair of heaphones/headset

They aren't an upgrade from the HD558's, don't bother buying these if you already own those. 

If anybody would like a review on any other Audio Equipment I own, I'm happy to write one. 

EDIT: Audio Technica ATH-AD900x Headphones Review (WIP)

Possibly HiFiMan HE-560's (Need more time to listen)

Could you do a review of the Plantronics Gamecom 788's and see how they compare to these?

bought hyperx clouds they have a insane power, so far so good

| Case: Cooler Master Elite 371 | Cpu: i5 4690K @ 4.20 GHz | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 |

| Gpu: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 | SSD: Crucial MX100 256 GB | HDD: Samsung 128GB Ram: Kingston 8GB DDR3 1333MHz | 

| Screen: Benq XL2411Z | Mouse: Logitech G 403 | Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK+ NiP Edition | Keyboard: Steelseries 6GV2 | Headset: Kingston Hyper X Cloud |

Could you do a review of the Plantronics Gamecom 788's and see how they compare to these?

I'll keep that in mind, though I can't promise anything. :P

I haven't used the 788's before, but I bet these are better. 

bought hyperx clouds they have a insane power, so far so good

What do you mean by "insane power"? 

Tell me what your thoughts are after you have more time with them :D

I'll keep that in mind, though I can't promise anything. :P

I haven't used the 788's before, but I bet these are better. 

I wouldnt be so sure :P. Plantronics have a very high build quality :).

I wouldnt be so sure :P. Plantronics have a very high build quality :).

And I can't say otherwise. But the aluminum construction the clouds have are quite impressive. If they sounded as good or better, more people would probably talk about them. Or have hype before the clouds were released.

And I can't say otherwise. But the aluminum construction the clouds have are quite impressive. If they sounded as good or better, more people would probably talk about them. Or have hype before the clouds were released.

Thats true but I also think that plantronics is kind of a overlooked company, while HyperX is very popular. Just saying :P.

Thats true but I also think that plantronics is kind of a overlooked company, while HyperX is very popular. Just saying :P.

That could be true considering I've never considered buying them in the past, but Kingston weren't exactly that popular before the clouds. They didn't make audio products before.

• 2 weeks later...

What do you mean by "insane power"? 

Tell me what your thoughts are after you have more time with them :D

I don't even use the volume on max on windows because its not needed that's why I've said that they have a insane power :D

In-game specially playing CS:GO they are very accurate, you can distinguish the enemy's nearby, and where they come from.

Music specially EDM, They are great :)

And they are pretty good covering the background noises (from your living room/room/house) I think you guys will understand what I mean

| Case: Cooler Master Elite 371 | Cpu: i5 4690K @ 4.20 GHz | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 |

| Gpu: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 | SSD: Crucial MX100 256 GB | HDD: Samsung 128GB Ram: Kingston 8GB DDR3 1333MHz | 

| Screen: Benq XL2411Z | Mouse: Logitech G 403 | Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK+ NiP Edition | Keyboard: Steelseries 6GV2 | Headset: Kingston Hyper X Cloud |

I don't even use the volume on max on windows because its not needed that's why I've said that they have a insane power :D

In-game specially playing CS:GO they are very accurate, you can distinguish the enemy's nearby, and where they come from.

Music specially EDM, They are great :)

And they are pretty good covering the background noises (from your living room/room/house) I think you guys will understand what I mean

You're saying they have good imaging and isolate noise well :P.

You're saying they have good imaging and isolate noise well :P.

Exactly! ! :P

Great review!

For anyone thats got a minute, please head over to the link: i'm having trouble with the Hyperx Cloud headset i bought yesterday: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/228828-microphone-causing-constant-buzzing-for-others-in-voice-chat/

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

This was my original belief. But people are going to constantly ask about the leather probably, so I'll just leave it.

Edit: nvm, I'll change it. Going to add a note saying I believe linus was incorrent. Thanks for the help bud! 

Pretty sure Linus said it was real Leather in his STD review. Was he wrong?

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

This review made me buy these.

I like the non leather ear pads 100x better on them.

CPU -  Intel i7 4770k 4.6Ghz     Motherboard - MSI GD-65    RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16 GB     GPU - XFX 295x2    Case - NZXT H440  

Storage - 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 ssd, 1TB WD Blue 7200rpm    PSU -  EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2  Cooling - Corsair H80i     Keyboard - KGParadise v60 w/ cherry mx greens

Mouse -Theron  Sound - HyperX Cloud

This review made me buy these.

I like the non leather ear pads 100x better on them.

It boils down to personal preference, I prefer the leatherette/leather pads for a tighter seal and more bass. I tried the velour pads, mids and highs seem to be less recessed, standing out more since bass is toned down a little. I guess velour makes for a more balanced sound, I prefer my music, movies and games to tilt a little to the bass side.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

It boils down to personal preference, I prefer the leatherette/leather pads for a tighter seal and more bass. I tried the velour pads, mids and highs seem to be less recessed, standing out more since bass is toned down a little. I guess velour makes for a more balanced sound, I prefer my music, movies and games to tilt a little to the bass side.

Leather was deff a lot more noise isolating but It got so hard to talk when I cant hear my voice. Kept getting tongue tied in skype calls xD

CPU -  Intel i7 4770k 4.6Ghz     Motherboard - MSI GD-65    RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16 GB     GPU - XFX 295x2    Case - NZXT H440  

Storage - 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 ssd, 1TB WD Blue 7200rpm    PSU -  EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2  Cooling - Corsair H80i     Keyboard - KGParadise v60 w/ cherry mx greens

Mouse -Theron  Sound - HyperX Cloud

• 3 weeks later...

Why must Linus mess with what I believe?

He just keeps saying it is real leather. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE ANYMORE!

• 1 year later...