X99 Sabertooth?

Running Sabertooth Z87 here. Definitely no complaints. It's a good little gaming board but I need something with more bandwidth. Looking forward to seeing the X99 version release. 

Do you guys think Asus will release a X99 Sabertooth and why dont you guys think they released this already since the sabertooth boards are big selllers. Do you guys think they are us waiting?

Check the end of this video. There looks like there will definitely be a TUF series X99. 

Check the end of this video. There looks like there will definitely be a TUF series X99. 

I watched this once and never noticed that ending makes me excited!

They're releasing a X99 Sabertooth, JJ said this in one of the videos released for X99. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

• 5 months later...

would be nice if they did.

However according to the article on rog.

I dont understand why Asus would still put 4 usb 2.0 ports on the back?

If they did 2 usb2.0 ports, for keyboard and mouse, then i could understand, But why the hell 4?

#drool

would be nice if they did.

However according to the article on rog.

I dont understand why Asus would still put 4 usb 2.0 ports on the back?

If they did 2 usb2.0 ports, for keyboard and mouse, then i could understand, But why the hell 4?

sabertooth has always been know to have the most compatibility and be rock solid. There are things like USB DAC and mics and stuff that still work best over USB 2.0 no into a USB 3.0 port. I for one appreciate it just like I do on my Z87 Impact.

I dont like however that 3.1 A is just a lighter blue. Hopefully that lighter blue is standardized.

#drool

sabertooth has always been know to have the most compatibility and be rock solid. There are things like USB DAC and mics and stuff that still work best over USB 2.0 no into a USB 3.0 port. I for one appreciate it just like I do on my Z87 Impact.

I dont like however that 3.1 A is just a lighter blue. Hopefully that lighter blue is standardized.

Hmm yeah that might be a vallid point thanks :)

Now we need a sabranco!

JJ said not happening as its too hard to make the PCB.

JJ said not happening as its too hard to make the PCB.

• 2 weeks later...

They have announced it! Anybody know when its coming out? I think I am going to hold off building my first PC until it comes out so I can have a computer that looks like a military box. I know I know building a computer for its look may be kinda noobish but hey I am a CP noob! I am currently commenting on a macbook pro... Feel free to make fun of me lol!

They have announced it! Anybody know when its coming out? I think I am going to hold off building my first PC until it comes out so I can have a computer that looks like a military box. I know I know building a computer for its look may be kinda noobish but hey I am a CP noob! I am currently commenting on a macbook pro... Feel free to make fun of me lol!

Nope but I want to know when!

I saw something that said Q2 of 2015 but I was hoping for  a more definitive date. I cant wait until it comes out such a unique colorway.

Not sure if anyone has linked it (TL;DR) so here is a link:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/SABERTOOTH_X99/

Also, Tiny Tom Logan has a review on his channel. It looks so good - almost feel like buying just to have it!

ASRock X99X Killer, i7 5820K @4Ghz, 16Gb Crucial DDR4, 2x 250Gb Samsung Evo, WD 2TB Black + 2TB Red, Corsair 750D, EVGA Supernova G2 850 & GTX 980 (ref.)

If you wish for me to reply, please quote my comment ;)