Ever had a bad string of tech luck?

Menzenski

Yes. And more.

My mom accidentally dropped my laptop in a running dishwasher.

My brother again dropped a screw inside my PSU and exploded it.

My brother kept kicking at my computer thinking it's a bomb.

My dad destroyed my front panel in a fit of rage.

My brother threw my iPhone at a wall and smashed it to bits.

I bought another one, but my brother threw it into the pool.

My brother tried to shoot my CPU into a basketball net as if it was a basketball or something.

Get the pattern?

your family seems likes a bunch of idiots

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

Had to underclock a AMD Athlon 640 to 1.4ghz to be able to boot into windows to submit a RMA request for my old CPU.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

I know someone who still uses blackberry, and they have gone through at least a half dozen Z30 phones in the past year. they are going to finally switch to android or apple once their contract is up next year, but wow... either that particular phone is prone to being defective, and/or that's the worst string of luck I've ever seen with a cellphone. I'm glad my G2 is still kicking.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Back when I was a console gamer (*GASP* I KNOW) I had my very first console's blu-ray player (PS3) melt in 2010 after my mom bought it for me 3 years beforehand. Spent 300 (I believe) on a new PS3 and transferred all my save data to the new system

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Ever had a similar string of bad luck?

your avatar pretty much explains my expression reading through the thread posts..

photo-310.gif?_r=1396419931

Details separate people.

Bought faulty used psu. Bought used motherboard and some how fried it. Bought new used motherboard that didnt work. Sold it and the buyer said it worked. Sold my backplate for my 2012 Evo with it, haven't got it back. Bought a used case where you couldn't mount the motherboard, no standoffs. Bought new standoffs but they didn't fit. Sold my fully working 16GB kit for 400kr (60$), don't ask me why. My PS3's HDMI port or something recently broke.

I'll never but used computer components again.

Got married

wife popped out kids

cant buy all the tech I wanna buy anymore :(

That's why I'm never go to have kids. I wanna be alone or with friends, I wanna live alone, I want no one to touch my stuff, no one shall control me when it comes to how much and when I can play games and other stuff. I can spend all the money on the stuff I want.

I'll be an alone man. Forever.

That's why I'm never go to have kids. I wanna be alone or with friends, I wanna live alone, I want no one to touch my stuff, no one shall control me when it comes to how much and when I can play games and other stuff. I can spend all the money on the stuff I want.

Sounds kind of lonely.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

happy_forever_alone_by_ninnymuffin-d55o6

BUILD LOGSSerious Black ] [ Project Lumos ] [ SrsB ]

well i'm the guy who built a PC, and had 6 parts fail in the first 4 months, 2 more in the next 3...

needles to say the only things in my PC that are the same as the original build is the CPU, MOBO, and SSD, EVERYTHING else died. all new parts too!

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

Not me but when my friend was building his PC he got a bent CPU (literally, the corner was bent and wouldn't fit into the socket), dead RAM, and his power supply died within the first 2-3 months. Horrible experience for his first significant PC  :(

"Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn

I ran into a problem at work where my computer suddenly could no longer connect to our wireless network. It kept thinking that the network was WEP when it was really WPA2. Every other computer in our network saw it as WPA2 but not my network card or any of the other USB wifi sticks I tried to use. I got so frustrated with it that I took a personal day and went out and bought a new network card and it magically worked after that. I blame DLink.

If you get easily offended by people on the Internet there is something really wrong with you. You focus on the opinions of a few people instead of worrying about why you have a terrible taste in video games.

My ps3 controller broke so I got it replaced under the warranty.

Eventually came....... It was an Xbox controller...... Returned that

The next one never came..........

Got another one.... Dropped it didn't work.

Opend it up and some how magically fixed it!!!

Thing

I ran into a problem at work where my computer suddenly could no longer connect to our wireless network. It kept thinking that the network was WEP when it was really WPA2. Every other computer in our network saw it as WPA2 but not my network card or any of the other USB wifi sticks I tried to use. I got so frustrated with it that I took a personal day and went out and bought a new network card and it magically worked after that. I blame DLink.

I am having the exact same problem. My laptop no longer connects to WiFi at my school, but my one connects fine.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

All four of my xbox 360's had RROD issues.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Every time I add a new mod to Skyrim. :(

EtjUE1P.jpg

Get 6 or 8 core like Logan (tek syndicate) and it wont crash :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Get 6 or 8 core like Logan (tek syndicate) and it wont crash :)

That wouldn't help...

That wouldn't help...

How u know ? Logan said that with new intel xtreme cpus the game hasnt crashed once and he uses insane amount of mods. So what u basing your statement on ?

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

How u know ? Logan said that with new intel xtreme cpus the game hasnt crashed once and he uses insane amount of mods. So what u basing your statement on ?

First off try to spell you correctly. I promise you the first two letters don't take that much more effort to type. ;)

Secondly, mods generally cause Skyrim to crash through incorrect load order, incompatibility with other mods, or straight up not being made correctly. Having a 8 core $1000 cpu will not help in any of these scenarios. I am basing my statements off the experience I have gained in the hundreds upon hundreds of mods I have installed across the past three Elder Scrolls games not including TESO. Also Logan does a great deal of content creation and he did not buy that CPU for gaming.

Hope this clears that up. :)

If you want to see bad luck just check out my Anthrax build log and heads up its just getting started.

Network cable wiring in my room ded.

ISP guy tampers with our router. Says it's dead.

2 weeks without internet

Call back. Moves router downstairs to living room. It works

areyoufuckingkiddingme.jpg 

And then I got a new router because that router fucking sucks

HP Pavilion p007tx (i5 4210u, gt840m, 8GB DDR3 memory and a 1 TB HDD that makes cool sounds when booting up) 

Since my laptop can't run modern games too well I use a PS4

Had tea spill on the top of my computer case with a new 7950 and the tea dripped into the case and fried the gpu. Then after I got CC insurance money back from that incidence I bought a gtx 680 which only a few weeks later the same thing happened but this time with cream soda. HOWEVER the card miraculously survived. Then I sold a friend my DEAD 7950 for $20 and he RMA'd I didn't it would work but whatever, and he successfully got a new card from XFX.- I didn't want to do that as I had already gotten my money back on that card. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT?