Ever had a bad string of tech luck?

Menzenski

Well now I have.  About 2 weeks ago, my one-month old LG G3 died for no apparent reason during the night.  It just wouldn't turn on in the morning.  Got the warranty replacement in the mail about a week later, and it's working well after much hassle with AT&T.  

Then I finally dropped the change for a 1440p 27" monitor (an acer K272HUL that was on shellshocker on newegg) and 

UhWO4rc.jpg

...the back light doesnt work right.  Back it goes tomorrow.  Hopefully I'll get a replacement by the end of next week because my TN panels look like trash compared to even this broken VA monitor.

Ever had a similar string of bad luck?

2500k | Z68-UD3H-B3 | GTX 570 Classified + Accelero Xtreme III | MX 200 250GB + Seagate 500GB | R4 | Seasonic 660W Plattinum | 8GB G Skill | Acer K272HUL + 2 x Dell P2417H, Rosewill dual mount, HP 22bw | Mackie CR3, ATH-M50X | DAS Keyboard | Mobile: X1 Carbon, Nexus 6P, LG G3, Samsung S5, Nexus 7 (2013)

Back in ~2005 I had three boxes of games and stuff ordered online. It got stolen all three times because the idiot at FedEx decided to let it sit on our doorstep in the middle of the day (on a weekday when no one was home), while we lived right next to a main street.

Ever since i bought my GTX 560, my computer hates me....

Linus once unboxed a Toblerone

Back in ~2005 I had three boxes of games and stuff ordered online. It got stolen all three times because the idiot at FedEx decided to let it sit on our doorstep in the middle of the day (on a weekday when no one was home), while we lived right next to a main street.

If something is left outside of my house as far as I'm concerned it was not delivered.

If something is left outside of my house as far as I'm concerned it was not delivered.

Yeah but each time FedEx said it was "delivered" so we got pissed, gave them a call and said they should leave the box in the main office instead of being next to a damn street in the middle of the day. After the third time we just said fuck it, cancel the order because they can't get this right.

Ever since i bought my GTX 560, my computer hates me....

I would too, not even a Ti? :P Cmon. :D

Yep, used to game on a 360, I bought game after game what a streak that was man.

I have so much money spent on my PS3 and the thing doesn't even work anymore...

I would too, not even a Ti? :P Cmon. :D

The card was $100, which is all i had. I don't have a job, so i'll take what i can get :P

At 1366x768, it's still a decent card. My computer just doesn't want to play my games correctly.

Linus once unboxed a Toblerone

The card was $100, which is all i had. I don't have a job, so i'll take what i can get :P

At 1366x768, it's still a decent card. My computer just doesn't want to play my games correctly.

Try rubbing it, that works sometimes. :D

Every time I add a new mod to Skyrim. :(

EtjUE1P.jpg

All too often with my laptops...

Although (Not really a string), I seem to have lost the silicon lottery with my 6950.

I have to raise the voltage just to achieve the 6970 BIOS specs without any issues...

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

My first laptop, it was around 5 or 6 years old when it broke, the screen would go black after 5 minutes of use, had to throw it away.

Less than two months ago.....

Z77 board died, thought it was the mobo after testing my PSU and finding it in working order.

Replacement bought on Ebay (Intel Z77a-70k) it never arrived (5 weeks later) I disputed it, got money back.

Upon money returning I bought another Z77 board straight away (Asrock z77 Extreme6) and THAT DIED THAT EVENING. (Not happy as you could have guessed)

Sold my 2600K CPU (for a nice sum) and invested in this i5 4690 and another board (MSI h97) (In a week, it bricked, and died)

PSU is killing them all, even tho it seems like it's working quite well. Should have factored in this straight away but oh well...

Got a New Evga 750w Semi Modular and an Asus Z97-K to suit my i5 4690, has been working well since... (the last few weeks)

290-OC plays games just fine, yet when coming back to the desktop cooling down I would get mass corruption (Garbled mess) and since, I've RMA'd it as it has 4 months warranty left and figured now is the best time to get that sorted.

So I have my New Asus Mobo, working really well, my i5 4690 working really well, my PSU is in working order (nothing dead so far) and my HD4600 onboard...which is the worst factor of it all.

No 290-OC for a while...

HD4600 (OC'd to 1650Mhz Core and 933Mhz Mem clocks courtesy of my 1866Mhz DDR3) does play BF4 with 70fps on Low Res however... so It's not like I can't have a game when stressed.

BF4 looks like Xbox360 @ 1024x768, but the game runs VERY well and I can maintain nice FPS and playability.

But yeah, multiple hundreds in the hole. Be happy when my 290 comes back.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I dropped my 4K IPS monitor on it's corner on the floor. Still works though.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I went through 4 Kindle fires in a month...

What. The. Fuck. Were you doing? Fapping?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

<snip>

Wow sorry to hear all that.  Must've been pretty dang frustrating.   Must STILL be pretty frustrating

I dropped my 4K IPS monitor on it's corner on the floor. Still works though.

I probably would've had a heart attack

2500k | Z68-UD3H-B3 | GTX 570 Classified + Accelero Xtreme III | MX 200 250GB + Seagate 500GB | R4 | Seasonic 660W Plattinum | 8GB G Skill | Acer K272HUL + 2 x Dell P2417H, Rosewill dual mount, HP 22bw | Mackie CR3, ATH-M50X | DAS Keyboard | Mobile: X1 Carbon, Nexus 6P, LG G3, Samsung S5, Nexus 7 (2013)

Wow sorry to hear all that.  Must've been pretty dang frustrating.   Must STILL be pretty frustrating

I probably would've had a heart attack

And then my brother was running around the house, and tipped over my computer off the kitchen counter.

What. The. Fuck. Were you doing? Fapping?

nah m8, the first one didn't turn on, the second and third one's touchscreens were shot, and the last one doesn't charge...

wow, thats a lot of bees!

nah m8, the first one didn't turn on, the second and third one's touchscreens were shot, and the last one doesn't charge...

Well, then, sorry to hear you bought duds. I remember I had to go through  10  iPhones.

I can totally understand why you have that profile picture.

Yes. And more.

My mom accidentally dropped my laptop in a running dishwasher.

My brother again dropped a screw inside my PSU and exploded it.

My brother kept kicking at my computer thinking it's a bomb.

My dad destroyed my front panel in a fit of rage.

My brother threw my iPhone at a wall and smashed it to bits.

I bought another one, but my brother threw it into the pool.

My brother tried to shoot my CPU into a basketball net as if it was a basketball or something.

Get the pattern?

Yes. And more.

My mom accidentally dropped my laptop in a running dishwasher.

My brother again dropped a screw inside my PSU and exploded it.

My brother kept kicking at my computer thinking it's a bomb.

My dad destroyed my front panel in a fit of rage.

My brother threw my iPhone at a wall and smashed it to bits.

I bought another one, but my brother threw it into the pool.

My brother tried to shoot my CPU into a basketball net as if it was a basketball or something.

Get the pattern?

Why is your family still alive? I'd have lost my patience loooooooong ago.

Why is your family still alive? I'd have lost my patience loooooooong ago.

To support me, duh.

To support me, duh.

Invest in some locks to your doors...at your expense and keep the keys to yourself,.  Put your machine in there & keep that puppy safe from those fiends!

Room mates I've had in the past, tell ya what... stupid people..... Had to put locks on EVERYTHING, cos I was away at work and come home to find my shit missing or moved.

Be Hard on them, it's YOUR property.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz