Go back to the old Guide styles!

niofalpha

Hi, iv'e been rewatching the build guides, and I noticed... The 4K rig, and the surround videos are really rushed! I personally like a detailed explanation of each piece of hardware. The same goes for the OC guide. The 4790K/ Pentium K OC guide's was 1/2 the time as the previous Haswel Overclocking guide.

Don't mean to be hating, just feed back. The guides are still amazing.

This is probably in the wrong section, and I apologize. 

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Hi, iv'e been rewatching the build guides, and I noticed... The 4K rig, and the surround videos are really rushed! I personally like a detailed explanation of each piece of hardware. The same goes for the OC guide. The 4790K/ Pentium K OC guide's was 1/2 the time as the previous Haswel Overclocking guide.

Don't mean to be hating, just feed back. The guides are still amazing.

This is probably in the wrong section, and I apologize. 

Haswell refresh overclocking was shorter because it was pretty much the same method for original guide except 1 or 2 differences. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Why do we always get these complaints of "GO BACK TO HOW YOU USED TO DO THINGS BECAUSE...BECAUSE" all the time?

• If you want a detailed list of information about the products chosen, go to their respective videos and watch.
  • Overclocking is pretty much the same on all platforms with minute details being slightly different. Overclocking between Haswell and Haswell Refresh is exactly the same, you want more information then go watch the original video

I personally like the length of all LTT videos. There not too short, but not too long either

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I actually miss the 45 min build guides that detailed ever step. Seeing a bunch of carefully selected parts being put together into a beast computer and being along for the ride every step of the way...

Well now i'm nostalgic. I remember when linus did the green watercooling build on NCIX. Still one of my favorites. :D

That's because there was nothing new to talk about, Linus has been doing build guides since NCIX, even high end/water cooled stuff. If there is something new to talk about, then he will give a more detailed guide.

Haswell overclocks the same on all versions, so there is no point on re-doing those guides. And for the detailed parts, stuff like installing a CPU on a motherboard still hasn't changed, so again, go back and watch the old stuff if you need more instruction, as soon as a new methods appear, Linus will make a long complete guide for them.

That's because there was nothing new to talk about, Linus has been doing build guides since NCIX, even high end/water cooled stuff. If there is something new to talk about, then he will give a more detailed guide.

Haswell overclocks the same on all versions, so there is no point on re-doing those guides. And for the detailed parts, stuff like installing a CPU on a motherboard still hasn't changed, so again, go back and watch the old stuff if you need more instruction, as soon as a new methods appear, Linus will make a long complete guide for them.

They did tease a mineral oil cooled computer on a WAN Show awhile back. So when he does this i'm sure he will do a full length build guide. We might even get one for a x99 build. :D

So, speaking of guides, has Linus even released a how to build a PC guide at all 2H this year?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Yeah we released one a couple weeks ago

These 2 came out in the last few weeks, I am not sure exactly what Linus could cover more.... he explains the hardware choice, and how to install the components

There is no point in him spending 40 minutes telling you what a CPU is, or why a computer needs RAM, that is far beyond the scope for a basic build guide, individual components for your own build should be researched and selected according to your own needs and budget, all these guides are for is how to put the hardware together, which is arguably the part that puts newbies off the most

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

These 2 came out in the last few weeks, I am not sure exactly what Linus could cover more.... he explains the hardware choice, and how to install the components

There is no point in him spending 40 minutes telling you what a CPU is, or why a computer needs RAM, that is far beyond the scope for a basic build guide, individual components for your own build should be researched and selected according to your own needs and budget, all these guides are for is how to put the hardware together, which is arguably the part that puts newbies off the most

And he should also do a water cooling guide that's pretty up to date as of last month at least. The one from the beginning of the year is great, but people are starting to lose intrest.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

And he should also do a water cooling guide that's pretty up to date as of last month at least. The one from the beginning of the year is great, but people are starting to lose intrest.

I guess but for the few people doing custom loops the information is either basically the same, or they will go looking for it

99% of people who buy or build pcs do not need it (some might find it interesting I agree but personally I have  no interest)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I guess but for the few people doing custom loops the information is either basically the same, or they will go looking for it

99% of people who buy or build pcs do not need it (some might find it interesting I agree but personally I have  no interest)

I guess... But there are a few who swim upstream and go the watercooling route. But yeah, essentially installation is the same. But I do like seeing watercooling loops being assembled.

I guess... But there are a few who swim upstream and go the watercooling route. But yeah, essentially installation is the same. But I do like seeing watercooling loops being assembled.

I guess its pretty niche, but also time consuming and expensive, I doubt many companies are going to send linus full loops to assemble :P

Maybe I dunno :P I like seeing them sometimes but normally I just skip over those videos or watch them if nothing else is happening

I guess its pretty niche, but also time consuming and expensive, I doubt many companies are going to send linus full loops to assemble :P

Maybe I dunno :P I like seeing them sometimes but normally I just skip over those videos or watch them if nothing else is happening

I dunno either. :P

I dunno either. :P

lol-i-dunno-im-just-playing-tennis.jpg

I built my first custom water cooling loop 6-7 years ago. Nothing's really changed in that time period. Rads are the same, you should still get a d5 pump, use decent fans. The good block companies are still good.

Only thing that's different is hard tubing. Linus has said before that due to how often he changes parts flexible tubing is more practical. See his video on Putting an original Titan in his personal rig for this.

I wouldn't mind a guide on hard acrylic tubing though.

Hell maybe one of the companies can send him some for one of his water cooled office computers and we could get a build guide out of it.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

Are you looking for a beginners guide on how to build a PC? 

Nah, I just feel like the newer one's are a bit rushed. Just would prefer them too be a bit longer, and such.

Why? Because I get bored and I rewatch the build guides allot, and it would just feel a a bit more detailed, and more entertaining. 

I get it would be more time consuming (Actually, even just less Time Lapsing would extend it allot, and theoretically make it slightly less work for the Editors.).

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha