Headset Recommendations

illuzion

I need a headset that's good for gaming and for watching videos. I'll be wearing them for extended periods of time, so comfort is pretty important.(I won't have speakers) I found the Logitech G230  and would like to know what you guys think. Also, would it just be better to buy the Panasonic RP-HTF600-S and a mic? Thanks!

budget, open or closed, bass heavy/light or neutral?

CPU i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz Motherboard MSI Z77A-G43 RAM 16GB Patriot Somthingortheother GPU XFX 7870 GHz Edition Case Corsair Vengeance C-70 Black Storage 120GB Kingston HyperX 3k + 1tb Seagate HDD PSU Corsair HX650  

Displays 2 old 1080p Acer and Samsung ones Cooling Corsair H60

† TTCF Member †

budget, open or closed, bass heavy/light or neutral?

I have a budget of around $50, but will go up if I really need to. I don't have experience with headphones, so I can't say if I want them open or closed. I'm thinking closed, but wouldn't mind too much if they're open. I also don't care about bass, just keep in mind that I'm going to be gaming.  

Steelseries 9h

If youre on a budget, the g230 is fine though. :)

Yeah, that's too expensive.

Then just get the G230.

That's what I was thinking, but are they comfortable? And are they better than the Panasonic? 

That's what I was thinking, but are they comfortable? And are they better than the Panasonic? 

I dont own them, but my cousin has them and they felt and sounded alright. As for the Panasonic headphones, I have no idea. :P

I have a budget of around $50, but will go up if I really need to. I don't have experience with headphones, so I can't say if I want them open or closed. I'm thinking closed, but wouldn't mind too much if they're open. I also don't care about bass, just keep in mind that I'm going to be gaming.  

Open headphones are generally better for gaming as they have a wider soundstage, but I will try to recommend stuff from both camps

closed

open (I know its a little more expensive than you'd like but its the best open headphones for the price)

+ zalman clip-on mic

edit: some people are recommending audio technica stuff, sound quality should be good but I've heard complaints about them not being very comfortable, though I can't vouch for those since I have never tried them

CPU i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz Motherboard MSI Z77A-G43 RAM 16GB Patriot Somthingortheother GPU XFX 7870 GHz Edition Case Corsair Vengeance C-70 Black Storage 120GB Kingston HyperX 3k + 1tb Seagate HDD PSU Corsair HX650  

† TTCF Member †

Open headphones are generally better for gaming as they have a wider soundstage, but I will try to recommend stuff from both camps

closed

open (I know its a little more expensive than you'd like but its the best open headphones for the price)

+ zalman clip-on mic

edit: some people are recommending audio technica stuff, sound quality should be good but I've heard complaints about them not being very comfortable, though I can't vouch for those since I have never tried them

Ok, thanks! But do you know anything about the Panasonic I linked at the top? Also, did you try out the Sennheiser? It looks a bit weird. 

Ok, thanks! But do you know anything about the Panasonic I linked at the top?

unfortunately not, the best thing you can do is try it yourself or look at reviews, if it seems good then it might be, if you aren't satisfied you can always return it

† TTCF Member †

unfortunately not, the best thing you can do is try it yourself or look at reviews, if it seems good then it might be, if you aren't satisfied you can always return it

So would it be better to buy a Sennheiser or an Audio tech then to buy the Logitech?

So would it be better to buy a Sennheiser or an Audio tech then to buy the Logitech?

In my opinion, yes it would be

† TTCF Member †

Im getting late replies for some reason sorry bout that 

† TTCF Member †