First Custom build (help needed please!)

This is probably going to make me sound like a complete noob but hey-ho. I have no experience of overclocking (GPU, CPU, Motherboard. Nada) SO i don't know how hard it would and/or how much I would benefit from it, is it worht it or not? (From the perspective of a noob, is it worth it?)

I was a complete noob when it came to oc before I asked for help on this forum. I managed to get my 4670k to 4.7Ghz at 1.350V without any problems.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

its all good we all start out with questions just like these. take some time and watch some videos on youtube... linus has a couple and so do other channels like tech syndicate and jays2cents. i think i watched like 5-10 videos before i thought i knew enough to do my own overclock. plus unless you really plan on pushing your system real hard an overclock isnt really necessary. id be willing to bet that over half of the people who overclock do it more for the fun and the bragging rights. but having the option and knowledge on how to do it will be nice for down the road when you are doing something that needs it.

corsair 600t, msi z87-g45, intel 4770k, 16g patriot viper low-pro ram, asus direct cu2 780, crucial 256gig ssd, seagate baracuda 1tb,

I was a complete noob when it came to oc before I asked for help on this forum. I managed to get my 4670k to 4.7Ghz at 1.350V without any problems.

Thanks!

its all good we all start out with questions just like these. take some time and watch some videos on youtube... linus has a couple and so do other channels like tech syndicate and jays2cents. i think i watched like 5-10 videos before i thought i knew enough to do my own overclock. plus unless you really plan on pushing your system real hard an overclock isnt really necessary. id be willing to bet that over half of the people who overclock do it more for the fun and the bragging rights. but having the option and knowledge on how to do it will be nice for down the road when you are doing something that needs it.

Thanks buddy, I probably won't overclock, but it would be nice to have t he option to do it. Thanks for all your help guys/girls! 

to be honest the thing i like most about being able to overclock is that when your cpu is getting on in age you can throw a modest overclock on it to help you squeeze out a few more months/years out of your build before the need to jump to a new system

corsair 600t, msi z87-g45, intel 4770k, 16g patriot viper low-pro ram, asus direct cu2 780, crucial 256gig ssd, seagate baracuda 1tb,

Hey guys! I am looking to build my first custom PC, I have a budget of around £1100 (I have gone over in my build because I was told it was a good build for the money). If possible I would like to save money, but if it mean a better, longer lasting build then so be it. I will be doing moderate to heavy gaming, and light college work, so I will exclude prices for Microsoft Office etc. I will be running it on one monitor with a resolution of 1920x1080. Peripherals are not needed as I already have some. I am upgrading because my current PC does not have the credentials to be upgraded to the level I wish. Two quick questions before I leave a Partpicker link. Firstly, is it worth waiting until the new series of graphics cards comes out? Nvidia said they were suppose to be 'cheaper and better' but that may not be the case. Finally should I wait until Windows 9 comes out, as I have heard Windows 8/8.1 is not exactly 'great'. Thank you in advance fellow members! 

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/YHfYRB - £1149.83

A good build. It is possible to shave a bit off the cost, but not a great deal. The psu is more expensive but I do not like the Corsair RM series and believe a better quality model is appropriate for the build.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£162.00 @ Amazon UK)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£24.86 @ CCL Computers)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£77.99 @ Ebuyer)

Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  (£62.68 @ Amazon UK)

Storage: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£44.54 @ Scan.co.uk)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£49.98 @ Aria PC)

Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 290X 4GB Video Card  (£349.99 @ Amazon UK)

Case: Fractal Design FD-CA-CORE-3500-BL-W ATX Mid Tower Case  (£62.99 @ Ebuyer)

Power Supply: XFX XTR 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£84.78 @ Scan.co.uk)

Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer  (£10.22 @ CCL Computers)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  (£69.65 @ CCL Computers)

Total: £999.68

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-09-02 21:51 BST+0100

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

ok i think i put together pretty much exactly what i would go with if i was in your shoes.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£157.38 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£24.86 @ CCL Computers)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Glacer 240L 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£167.06 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£86.36 @ Scan.co.uk)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£65.99 @ Aria PC)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V200 Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£35.94 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 780 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  (£357.20 @ More Computers)
Case: Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower Case  (£89.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: Cooler Master VSM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Total: £984.78
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-09-02 22:03 BST+0100

EDIT: lol sorry but for some reason it let me put 2 cpu coolers in the build...here is the revised build with a price tag like 300 cheaper than what you had selected

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£157.38 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£86.36 @ Scan.co.uk)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£65.99 @ Aria PC)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V200 Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£35.94 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 780 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  (£357.20 @ More Computers)
Case: Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower Case  (£89.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: Cooler Master VSM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Total: £817.72
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-09-02 22:11 BST+0100

i also decided to leave the operating system out of the build because you said college work and i believe if you have a college email address you can get a windows 8.1 for super cheap.