The holy grail of monitors?

Atavist

I can't get over the fact that TN panels have such poor color accuracy, extremely low viewing angles and washed out blacks but still have the lowest input lag.

Is there a fullHD(24") monitor that negates those things but has an imperceptible input lag and no ghosting, perhaps some IPS or LPS panel under $250?

what youre asking for is a monitor with the good things of TN, and good things of IPS, with no bad things of either. for a price of a midrange panel. think about it

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Aoc i2369vm and dell u2414h are both great options.

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Aoc i2369vm and dell u2414h are both great options.

Not that fast.

I bought vg248qe 2 days ago and it is just awesome. Yes,colors are not like on ips panel,but they are awesome. This monitor is like just great. 

I vouch for the dell U2414H

CPU: I5-4440 / MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z87-DS3H / RAM: G.Skill ripjaws 2x4GB / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 128gb SSD, 1TB WD HDD / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: Xigmatek Aquila / Monitor: Dell U2414H

what youre asking for is a monitor with the good things of TN, and good things of IPS, with no bad things of either. for a price of a midrange panel. think about it

Yeah, it's quite a primitive state of affairs.

I vouch for the dell U2414H

What about the new features some monitors have like Flicker free, and stuff like that?

The U2414H could be a good choice, many many people enjoy that monitor.

Not that fast.

I bought vg248qe 2 days ago and it is just awesome. Yes,colors are not like on ips panel,but they are awesome. This monitor is like just great. 

After switching from 3 VG248QE to a 1440p IPS monitor, I can say the colors are nowhere close to awesome :S ( and not just because the resolution is higher, because the color quality is so much better)

Here's a picture of them next to eachother, and the VG248QE looks really washed out and "bland" with to much blueish light.

biXgC.jpg

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

After switching from 3 VG248QE to a 1440p IPS monitor, I can say the colors are nowhere close to awesome :S ( and not just because the resolution is higher, because the color quality is so much better)

Here's a picture of them next to eachother, and the VG248QE looks really washed out and "bland" with to much blueish light.

biXgC.jpg

set up colors.they are bad outside of box

also that light on camera is not really the best.

cant compare 1080p tn to 1440 ips

if you want gaming monitor you will always want to go with tn.

for 1440p but asus rog swift

set up colors.they are bad outside of box

also that light on camera is not really the best.

cant compare 1080p tn to 1440 ips

if you want gaming monitor you will always want to go with tn.

for 1440p but asus rog swift

The colors were set up, it still looked like ass compared to the IPS screen.  You can clearly still see in the picture that the colors are MUCH more true to life than the VG248QE even with the flash in the middle of the PB278Q, resolution has nothing to do with how realistic the colors look.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Not that fast.

I bought vg248qe 2 days ago and it is just awesome.

It's a TN panel, which means you have to be like this-

head_injury.jpg

I'm done with that primitive nonsense.

head_injury.jpg

Not necessarily. Some TN panels are pretty good, and others are terrible. You can't judge purely based on it being TN. It would be like saying all IPS monitors have terrible ghosting.

head_injury.jpg

Lol

Please don`t be asshole.

You dont know why I bought TN monitor. Maybe I live in country where IPS monitors cost to much. Maybe I can`t order some good ips monitor. There is just plenty of reasons for somebody to buy TN panel monitor.

I bought it because it has 1ms respons time,and because it has 144hz,and because I read more then 100 comments and reviews on it. More then 95% of people who have it,and who setup the colors,say it is awesome.

Now,that picture is stupid. I can move my had as much as I want and still see no real changings in colors. This monitor is actualy great. I dont know how that picture looks so blue but something is wrong with options on that monitor.(for post above yours)

I am not saying that it has better colors then ips,but it is just better for gaming,and my GPU can take adventage of 144hz and 1ms response time. To me colors are great on my monitor,and much better then in picture above,and really there isnt anyting bad about it.

It is also 3D and G-sync ready. Sure,picture looks better on IPS monitor because it has better colors,but in gaming,this one would win,at least for the same price as monitor with IPS panel. 144 hz looks amazing and I would never go on 60 again,at least not for fps and games like that. So you probably never had this monitor,and you are saying that it sucks. It actually rocks. I actually not move my head so much,but I am sitting now,going up down,right and left with my head,as much as I can without moving from chair and it looks almost same as straight forward. So don't say things like that if you don't have experience with it. If some tn panels are bad,doesn`t mean all are. This one is great,and go buy asus rog swift and you will see how great that one actually is.

biXgC.jpg

Lol, that's what calibration is for.

Asus vg248qe with gsync

Auria eq276w IPS

I tracked down the same wallpaper for comparison

G932von.jpg

main(i){for(;i<101;i++)printf("Fizz\n\0Fizzz\bBuzz\n\0%d\n"+(!(i%5)^!!(i%3)*3)*6,i);}

Actually, it doesn't make sense to have a 2.5k monitor yet, the dip in framerate is extreme, which makes the whole 144Hz refresh rate pointless.