7970 being ''lost'' after each reboot, still...

Hey there,

So I have had this issue with my 7970hd by gigabyte (the gigahertz edition) every time I restart my computer I get an error message that my card is not found (from catalyst suite)

I have tried to reinstall drivers, tried to uninstall -> Clean register -> Reinstall.

Also tried to use DDU in safe mode and then install again, nope still message. I do install them as adminstrator should that matter in the case.

I have no issues otherwise with the card or the pc itself otherwise, but after restart no matter at what time I get the error message that the card noticed  by the computer, what helps to this? Shutdown the pc, wait a moment, then start.

Sure you might say ''Well that's not a big deal'' but I do find it annoying, so could it be that the card has some problems with it or that maybe my PSU is broken

Also to note that in some games (especially without V-sync on) I do get some coil whine, but I have not been able to determine yet if that is the PSU or GPU, to note this does not happen when the GPU is not attatched, but of course the load on the PSU is also lower then.

Specs:

I5 4670k @ 3.9ghz

2x4 GB kingston Hyper X genesis 1600mhz CL9

750w Chieftec Super ver 2.3

Gigabyte 7970HD gigahertz edition.

Can you test another gpu or put that gpu in another pc? Sounds like a faulty gpu to me. Maybe you could rma?

re-seat the card. check the power cable, could even be a power supply fault.

Coil whine is pretty normal on the 7970 with vsync off. 

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

So! I tried the card in another PC, the coil whine continues, however the restart->card not found issue did not seem to happen. Any thoughts on what may cause this? We did have different driver versions, however...