Rig for editing, gaming, content creation

ErrMuhGurd

This will be my frist build I want to do it because I would like to attend college next year, and major in something along the lines of graphic design/3d modeling

The budget: 2,100

Use: Gaming/rendering/creation

Monitors: 2-3 but I will only focus gaming on one

Peripherals: Recommend some please

Why: well I would like to have a kick butt system

(note: I would like the total cost of the peripherals to be 300-500 USD, also the color scheme I would prefer to be red and black, also will be getting more drives as soon as I can)

Heres what I had in mind: i7-4770k, swiftek h-220x, gigabyte GA 97x gaming g1 wifi bk, G skill ripjaws 1866 4x4gb, Samsung 840 pro 256gb, WD 1TB, MSI 770 4GB twin frozr, Corsair 900D, Corsair RM 750w 80+ gold, WIn 7 home premium.

Your designing/ modeling software use Cuda or OpenCL?

My current rig for entertainment/gaming: i5 4570 3,2GHz; MSI B85M-E45; ZOTAC GTX760 AMP!; 8GB (2x4GB) by Kingston; Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm; Corsair 200R, Corsair VS650; Dell U2312HM, Samsung DVD R/W optical drive; CM Devastator; Corsair MM400 gaming pad

why in gods name a 900D

4 way SLI looks small in that, and youre gonna be putting a puny 770 in there?

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

If you want cuda cores from nvidia consider this build

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($338.98 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($99.98 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($137.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($118.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II Video Card  ($439.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ NCIX US) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.98 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: Asus VX238H 23.0" Monitor  ($139.99 @ Micro Center) 
Monitor: Asus VX238H 23.0" Monitor  ($139.99 @ Micro Center) 
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($111.99 @ Amazon) 
Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser Mouse  ($53.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2097.48
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-09-02 13:15 EDT-0400

My current rig for entertainment/gaming: i5 4570 3,2GHz; MSI B85M-E45; ZOTAC GTX760 AMP!; 8GB (2x4GB) by Kingston; Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm; Corsair 200R, Corsair VS650; Dell U2312HM, Samsung DVD R/W optical drive; CM Devastator; Corsair MM400 gaming pad

Cuda, and a 900D purely for its sheer size I can go 4 way sli and a custom water cooling loop which I may or may not decide to do.

Thanks for that parts list I will have to very much consider that.

This will be my frist build I want to do it because I would like to attend college next year, and major in something along the lines of graphic design/3d modeling

The budget: 2,100

Use: Gaming/rendering/creation

Monitors: 2-3 but I will only focus gaming on one

Peripherals: Recommend some please

Why: well I would like to have a kick butt system

(note: I would like the total cost of the peripherals to be 300-500 USD, also the color scheme I would prefer to be red and black, also will be getting more drives as soon as I can)

Heres what I had in mind: i7-4770k, swiftek h-220x, gigabyte GA 97x gaming g1 wifi bk, G skill ripjaws 1866 4x4gb, Samsung 840 pro 256gb, WD 1TB, MSI 770 4GB twin frozr, Corsair 900D, Corsair RM 750w 80+ gold, WIn 7 home premium.

A red & black build that is a little different. Red psu cables, memory modules, and trim on the gpu. Black motherboard. Red & black case. There is more than enough room in the H440 should you decide to extend the H220-X loop to the gpu.

2x8GB memory rather than 4x4GB because it puts less strain on the memory controller and allows for memory to be upgraded without replacing parts. Windows 8.1 because it will have a longer supported life and new hardware and software will support it. The added performance of an 840 Pro ssd would not be noticeable. Far better to put the added cost into a better gpu which will improve gaming and content editing.

The EVGA G2 psu is much better than the RM750 and has a 10 year warranty.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($339.98 @ SuperBiiz)

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220-X 55.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($154.99 @ NCIX US)

Motherboard: Asus Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($208.98 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: Mushkin Redline 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory  ($149.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: A-Data Premier Pro SP600 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($98.60 @ Newegg)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($53.99 @ Amazon)

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  ($312.98 @ Newegg)

Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ NCIX US)

Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.99 @ Amazon)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($87.99 @ Newegg)

Monitor: Acer H236HLbid 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  ($129.99 @ Newegg)

Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($111.99 @ Amazon)

Mouse: Corsair Raptor M45 Wired Optical Mouse  ($50.22 @ Amazon)

Other: Individually Sleeved Cable Set for EVGA B2/G2/P2 Power Supply / PSU (Red) - EVGA 100-CR-1300-B9  ($91.99)

Total: $2001.67

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-09-02 21:46 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

May I ask why you chose that mobo? Does it have a feature that I am going to be able to take advantage of that a "gaming" branded motherboard doesn't?

May I ask why you chose that mobo? Does it have a feature that I am going to be able to take advantage of that a "gaming" branded motherboard doesn't?

Gaming vs non-gaming motherboards are largely a distinction made by marketers. The motherboard I suggested (and while you didn't quote me I am presuming you are directing your question to the immediate prior post) is well priced with on-board WiFi and Bluetooth and of excellent quality. If you check out the manufacturer's web page for the motherboard you will see that it includes numerous game related features including Intel gigabyte LAN and great sound with an on-board amplifier. I also tend to prefer Asus motherboards when the budget permits because they have an excellent BIOS, easy overclocking, and numerous features that make life a little easier like USB EZ Flash BIOS on the Z97-Pro which lets one update a BIOS without memory or cpu installed.

Hi , before I list everything down , can you please list all the apps you're going to use ? Simply stating content creation and video editing makes it tough . Things like Vegas pro , blender and maya are totally worlds apart when it comes to hardware. Also since you're gaming too , will your majority focus be on content creation or gaming? Also , is the 2100$ pricetag inclusive of peripherals and monitors ? Also please specify if you want 3d support on your monitors along with refresh rates .

Hello ErrMuhGurd,

When talking about storage, if I were you and I needed something for video editing along with gaming, I would go with a WD Black, so I agree with KPZ211997.

Hope that I helped.

KY_WD

Hello ErrMuhGurd,

When talking about storage, if I were you and I needed something for video editing along with gaming, I would go with a WD Black, so I agree with KPZ211997.

Hope that I helped.

KY_WD

You should indicate in your sig that you have an interest in promoting WD products.

Hi , before I list everything down , can you please list all the apps you're going to use ? Simply stating content creation and video editing makes it tough . Things like Vegas pro , blender and maya are totally worlds apart when it comes to hardware. Also since you're gaming too , will your majority focus be on content creation or gaming? Also , is the 2100$ pricetag inclusive of peripherals and monitors ? Also please specify if you want 3d support on your monitors along with refresh rates .

for me mostly blender because it is a personal pc going to be used for multiple things not just a dedicated piece of equipment, and and alot of adobe products such as photoshop, premiere etc and that price only has to include the peripherals if you want it to, that's kind of what i meant by recommending some. 

You should indicate in your sig that you have an interest in promoting WD products.

Hi brob,

You’re right, signature updated to point to our official website J

PS.

I’m not trying to promote the products, just trying to help. Our product was chosen by KPZ211997 J

KY_WD

Hi brob,

You’re right, signature updated to point to our official website J

PS.

I’m not trying to promote the products, just trying to help. Our product was chosen by KPZ211997 J

KY_WD

Is advertising in ones sig allowed on this site? In any case it is certainly not what I meant. It seems that you have some interest in promoting WD products to the exclusion of competing products. I don't have an issue with that. My difficulty is that the fact you derive some benefit from promoting WD is not clear. If you are a WD rep, say so.