[Android] Mediaserver service draining battery

nuclear465

So i have a Jiayu G4 chinese smartphone, i have been using it for over a year without any issues (actualy, it has one problem - the GPS does not work properly, but i don't use it anyway, it's a common problem on this brand).

It has been serving me well but in the last couple of days i noticed that the battery has been draining faster than normal. And i believe it has to do with this Mediaserver service that appears under the battery monitor. I use to check my battery quite a lot of times and i don't remember that service beeing in 1st place of the list with more than 50% used battery, usualy it's the screen that comsumes more battery.

It goes like this:

Mediaserver - 53%

Screen - 18%

voice calls - 8%

Inactivity - 8%

SO Android - 6%

etc...

Under normal use the average battery time is 3 days. Right now it is holding for about one day with the same usage. And it's draining more even on idle when i am doing nothing.

Why is this service active ? I don't listen to music or watch videos on my smartphone and i only use youtube when i have wireless internet around.

Thanks

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

Hi, 

The Mediaserver service that Is running on your phone is the software accessing or locally stored media such as music and videos or writing to storage. If you have been on any questionable sites or have downloaded questionable apps, then you may want to scan your phone for a virus or hidden remote mic service. But before doing this make sure to drain your battery completely, and then restart your phone to try and reset your battery drain stats, and android internal processes. If you tap on the media server service it will show you a screen with cpu stats, and wake time, do you mind posting that screenshot on the forums? 

Goodluck