Computer that put up with the most abuse?

vt3c

probably my current laptop. I've purposely tried breaking her by "accidentally" tripping over and knocking her on the floor, taking her on road trips, leaving her in the rain for a short while (that was an accident, she wasn't out for long). she's got scrapes, broken bits of plastic housing on her, a worn out trackpad and the caps lock LED died long ago, but still she (frustratingly) soldiers on. Toshitba has served me well, which is something I never thought I would say, but she really needs to be put down soon, otherwise I may have to reward her with a slight upgrade (SSD, more RAM)

My Toshiba Satelite is still trucking along just fine but damn Toshitba knows how to build $300 laptops made of pure plastic. And please put her down instead of punishing her with life, her time has come allow her the privilege of meeting her maker.

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

My Toshiba Satelite is still trucking along just fine but damn Toshitba knows how to build $300 laptops made of pure plastic. And please put her down instead of punishing her with life, her time has come allow her the privilege of meeting her maker.

Toshiba knows how to make SOME laptops of pure plastic. My sister's feels flimsy enough that I fear damaging it by breathing on it wrong, and it was a $700 one

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Toshiba knows how to make SOME laptops of pure plastic. My sister's feels flimsy enough that I fear damaging it by breathing on it wrong, and it was a $700 one

My laptops hinge may break anytime now but I accept that because it has taken some ABUSE!

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

My current laptop, a Lenovo G500. I have only had it for 7 months and it's already suffered some pretty bad abuse.

I use it in really dusty conditions so I frequently have to clean out the fan/heatsink assembly. Thankfully this is an easy process (only 4 screws total and the fan is out of the computer) but one time I forgot to plug the fan back in. I only noticed this was a problem after about an hour of casual use I noticed the exterior was very warm. A quick check of the temps and, sure enough, 100C at idle with spikes up to 105C (Tjmax). Fortunately it only took about 2 minutes to fix.

I've dropped it several times, once from shoulder height onto concrete. There are a couple parts of the exterior that are bent out of shape but otherwise it still works like a champ. My cat has even knocked it off a shelf once.

I've re-installed the OS several times and frequently use it as a linux machine. I frequently swap out the hard drive to do so. (Yes I CAN dual boot but I choose not to because my windows partition is almost full.

I accidentally left it under my window AC unit on full blast. Unfortunately the unit started leaking (fortunately it was condensation, not coolant) right onto my laptop. The laptop was running the whole time before I turned it off and dried it out. Yes, it still works.

One time I accidentally left it awake when I put it in my backpack. The funny thing is, even though it was insulated in there and it was a hot summer day, the cores never passed 77C

I take this thing with me to school every day so it has also suffered the hands of many careless classmates. It still operates like the day I got it even when it's been dropped, leaked on, opened up several times, run in dust and heat that make ME not work properly, and gone to Tjmax.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

NEVER! If she still works, then I shall keep her going until the very end, when her single core CPU stops beating, and she shuts down. And then I shall buy an. AMD turion and try to transplant that to work in her. She shall not go quietly into the night!

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

NEVER! If she still works, then I shall keep her going until the very end, when her single core CPU stops beating, and she shuts down. And then I shall buy an. AMD turion and try to transplant that to work in her. She shall not go quietly into the night!

Oh, shes the fighter type eh?