FX-6300 Overclocking

Hi 

I want to build  a FX-6300 PC for $500-$600 (less is better :D ) and to overclock it I'm from Bulgaria so everything is double priced and $500 is 1000BGN which sucks but....
Anyways I have 2 major problems 

1 - I can't find good cheap motherboard for overclock (I prefer Gigabyte becouse of the dual bios (on this build I am going to learn how to overclock and I have heard other good things about them)) BUT whenever I search in the forums everyone just goes with the expensive ones...

2 - I don't think it is that major but I can't find AM3+ Motherboard with PCIe 3.0 (I am aiming to R7 260X or GTX 750Ti and they are PCIe 3.0).

For the build 

CPU - FX-6300

Case - The case from the old PC (it is really old I don't know the model but it is a standart case )

PSU - Corsair CX 430/500 (if someone can recommend me a good and not that expensive 650W PSU it will be good becouse I may upgrade the GPU to R9 270X/280 in future...)

RAM - Some low profile ram Corsair or G.Skill 4GB at firs then add another 4GB stick

HDD - 1TB Western Digital Blue

And is this http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4396#ov good for overclocking (not the prettiest though I would like it to be at least black  :D )

Yeah, don't worry about the PCI-e 3.0, it is backwards compatible

And you can run an R9 280 off the CX500

Compatible with Windows 95

Yeah, don't worry about the PCI-e 3.0, it is backwards compatible

And you can run an R9 280 off the CX500

Soo.. no need for anything more than 500W good...

About the PCIe 3.0 won't there be anything to hold back the GPU I mean if the GPU is PCIe 3.0 isn't it better to be on 3.0 instead of 2.0 ?

Soo.. no need for anything more than 500W good...

About the PCIe 3.0 won't there be anything to hold back the GPU I mean if the GPU is PCIe 3.0 isn't it better to be on 3.0 instead of 2.0 ?

Nope. Nothing

If I may whip out the most overused quote on this forum:

"PCIe 2.0 is still not yet fully utilised. There is little need for PCIe 3.0"

Nope. Nothing

If I may whip out the most overused quote on this forum:

"PCIe 2.0 is still not yet fully utilised. There is little need for PCIe 3.0"

Then the PCIe problem is solved but the main problem for the Motherboard still stays...

Then the PCIe problem is solved but the main problem for the Motherboard still stays...

Yeah. I would look on Scan.co.uk and then see if the one you selected is available in your country

Yeah. I would look on Scan.co.uk and then see if the one you selected is available in your country

I was aking if this is good mobo for overclocking and if there are other better alternatives for this price (at least black :D )

Hey there,

According to the manufacturer manual, the FX-6300 is overcloackable up to 4.1 GHz. Also, If you dig a little bit on the internet, you can find decent reviews on how people did it and their opinions (even in Bulgarian).

If you look at the online stores in Bulgaria or some of the small shops, you can find a decent MOBO for under 200BGN on which you can experiment and build a decent rig. 

As @tomlambert01 mentioned, the PCI-3 3.0 is backwards compatible and you should not have problems running those GPUs without much drawbacks. 

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/