Hard Drive Problem

SodaYoda

Hey guys, I just Built a new pc and im having problems with my HDD. In my pc i've got a 120gb SSD and a 1TB HDD (WD blue). I'm not sure if i did something wrong or is the HDD is faulty but this is what i did:

1. i screwed the HDD in one of the hard drive slots.

2. i Plugged in the power from the power supply

3. I plugged in the 6gbs Sata cable

(I did exactly the same thing with my SSD & Optical drive) but when i boot up my PC and go into the bios, the SSD and my optical drive are there but not my HDD... 

When i go further to the part where i installed windows, it gave me the option to install windows on the SSD but not my HDD. Also if i go to ''my computer'' the SSD is there but not my HDD.

I have tried unplugging and replugging in the sata cable but nothing changed.

Some help you be greatly appreciated, thanks

Do you hear the disc spin up when power is applied? Might be good to RMA it, double check it's plugged in to the intel SATA ports as I've had trouble with 3rd party ones (due to driver problems) in the past. 

Do you hear the disc spin up when power is applied? Might be good to RMA it, double check it's plugged in to the intel SATA ports as I've had trouble with 3rd party ones (due to driver problems) in the past. 

i double checked the sata ports, still nothing. btw i can hear the disc spin.

have you made sure your bios is set to ACHI and not IDE :D 

CPU 5900x| GPU 3080ti FE| MOBO MSI MPG CARBON MAX| RAM 32GB VENGENCE PRO 3200Mhz| STORAGE Samsung 980 Pro 1TB,2X WDSN750,4TB Seagate Barracuda| COOLING 1x Corsair 360mm XR7 54mm Radiator,1x EK-CoolStream PE 360mm Radiator| GPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XG7 RGB| CPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XC5 RGB| Fittings: EK-Torque STC & Corsair Hydro X Series XF| Pump/Res: EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5| Tubing: Corsair Hydro X Series XT Softline| Liquid: Corsair Hydro X Series XL5 Clear| Fans: 10x Corsair SP120 RGB

have you made sure your bios is set to ACHI and not IDE :D

wouldn't that stop it recognizing the SSD as well?

Hello SodaYoda,

Have you tested the SATA controller with another hdd or have you tried with different SATA cable?

Please, come and share what are the results of test.

If your WD Blue is still under warranty, you could RMA it - the steps are here: http://support.wdc.com/warranty/index.asp?lang=en

Hope that I helped.

KY_WD 

You probably need to initialize the drive in Windows. Go to Computer and right click. Click Manage. Under Storage you should see Disk Management. If you click on that, your drives should all appear. From there you need to initialize and format the drive. That should take care of the problem as long as the drive shows up in Disk Management.