Do you pre-order?

itaroken_

Hey everyone.

This is just a quick poll asking if you pre-order pc games. I, myself, have never pre-ordered a game, and the only game that I've bought on release was GTA 5 for Xbox 360. I think £40 - £70 for a pre-order is way too expensive, when you could just wait for a few months and get it for most likely half the price...

Anyway, what do you think?

itaroken

Hey everyone.

This is just a quick poll asking if you pre-order pc games. I, myself, have never pre-ordered a game, and the only game that I've bought on release was GTA 5 for Xbox 360. I think £40 - £70 for a pre-order is way too expensive, when you could just wait for a few months and get it for most likely half the price...

Anyway, what do you think?

My sister pre-ordered sims 4.

I would only do it if it has really good exclusives and if I KNOW the game is good (e.g. betas, played it before)

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Nope, and I regret it every time. :P

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I do,  but was disappointed with my last pre-order.

I'm looking at you Watchdogs, oh, and Titanfall.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

every year a pre order 1 game, first it always was cod, but now it's battlefield

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

I preorder cod pretty much every year and if i see another game like gta ill pre order it i like having the boxes and stuff.

I'd only really pre order for metro games, maybe even dragon age. but nothing else.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I've never pre-ordered, usually game shops around me have surplus stock or I wait to see reviews and don't purchase games on release day.

Last game I preordered was Blops 2. I pretty much never preorder games though. Might with The Crew. Depends.

Thanks for answering guys, it's really interesting to see if other people pre-order.

I think I thought about pre-ordering Sims 4, but I tried the Create a Sim demo, and it threw me off a bit. I think it's worth waiting for a significant price drop.

itaroken

No. Its evil and should die in a fire

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I do,  but was disappointed with my last pre-order.

I'm looking at you Watchdogs, oh, and Titanfall.

Haha yeah :( Oh Watchdogs :(

itaroken

I've only ever pre ordered 2 games:

1. LittleBigPlanet 2 (disappointment)

2. CoD Ghosts (disappointment)

I have a pre ordering curse.

I preorder cod pretty much every year and if i see another game like gta ill pre order it i like having the boxes and stuff.

Nice to see another CoD player in the forum :)

I've only ever pre ordered 2 games:

1. LittleBigPlanet 2 (disappointment)

2. CoD Ghosts (disappointment)

I have a pre ordering curse.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna steer clear of any pre-ordering :P

itaroken

The only game I ever preordered was Pokèmon white, so I have a pretty good experience with preordering. However looking at certain games(mostly Watch_Dogs) I don't think ill preorder anything in the future.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

The only games I've ever preordered was Telltale's Walking Dead Season Two and XCOM: Enemy Within, and only because I knew I would play them right away, and why not save 10%? With Enemy Within, there were a number of reviews available before release, so I knew it was going to be good. As for Telltale's WD, I try to play those episodes right away to avoid getting ruined by spoilers. 

It really has to be a special case for me to preorder something, but if there ever is a Wolf Among Us S2 or The Walking Dead S3 from Telltale, I'll be all over that. :P

The Wolf Among Us Series 2, Elder Scrolls VI, Fallout, Borderlands 3 (Not the Pre-Sequel) I would pre-order funds permitting when announced, I plan to pre-order The Witcher 3 and have pre-ordered Dragon Age Inquisiton, 

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

Haven't Pre-ordered a game unitl this Watchdogs hype.  When I started playing Watchdogs... I was like seriously wtf..... Never going to pre-order again unless the company can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that their upcoming game is supposed to be good.  Other than that I am fine playing stupid games until one of these companies gets off their ass and creates a decent game.  Still waiting for World of Warcraft meets GTA meets Battlefield meets Star Citizen.  Make that game and I will pre-order it. Yes I want to be able to come up on people in Orgrimmar and hit them with a bat starting a huge gang fight that starts on the ground, pull out a pistol then start shooting, and ride off into a space fight all in one game.  Get to work.

The only game I've ever pre-ordered was Poker night 2 (by Telltale games), and that was because it was so cheap (and bought it just for the TF2 items... Turned out I spent few days playing it)

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I typically only pre-order if it's a game I've been waiting for (e.g. Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, Dragon Age: Inquisition). Sometimes I get burned, but I typically play and enjoy the games long enough to get about $1/hour of playtime, which is worth it for me.

I pre-order games, and I've never once regretted it. 

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

I pre ordered the Metro redux games to get the 50% discount

I rarely pre order unless there is some kind of discount

I'm glad I preordered Civilization Beyond Earth.  I bought it for $49.99 AUD on steam, and 4 hours later it was marked up to $89.99 AUD.  Stupid Australia Tax

"Since the Internet is almost diametrically opposed to the notion of Quality Control, in recent years it's been a lot easier to just assume everything's s**t until it can prove itself otherwise".  Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw (2008)