Regretting my paint job

Flight1sim

So I decided to spray paint my headphones, but now they're really... Different. I'm acting really careful not to scratch it (not a problem before) and I'm being really cautious with them. They do get scratched easily and the paint job looks kinda sloppy. What should I do? Should I attempt to remove the paint or just live with it and let it dry for 24 hours? (I only used it for A minute today)

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

So I decided to spray paint my headphones, but now they're really... Different. I'm acting really careful not to scratch it (not a problem before) and I'm being really cautious with them. They do get scratched easily and the paint job looks kinda sloppy. What should I do? Should I attempt to remove the paint or just live with it and let it dry for 24 hours? (I only used it for A minute today)

What paint did you use, and did you follow the correct steps to prep that parts?

....Why?

Spray paint in general makes something look really tatty. You should have used Plastidip so you could have peeled off if you didn't like the look. Spray paint + electronics is a bad idea.

What paint did you use, and did you follow the correct steps to prep that parts?

I used valspar black flat spray paint. And I cleaned and prepped the materials well before spraying. I have a bad habit of over spraying when I think it doesn't have enough paint :P

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

....Why?

Spray paint in general makes something look really tatty. You should have used Plastidip so you could have peeled off if you didn't like the look. Spray paint + electronics is a bad idea.

I had planned to use plastidip but when I used it earlier today (for a DIY camera slider) it was a mess.

I used valspar black flat spray paint. And I cleaned and prepped the materials well before spraying. I have a bad habit of over spraying when I think it doesn't have enough paint :P

Nooooooo, fuckin valspar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I've had my fair of hate on their spray paint, I painted a part for my computer took 4 weeks to cure and harden before I could install, before that I could scratch or push the paint with my fingernail.

I don't know what it is with their products but after that I go for the tried and true Rustoleum, or Krylon never had problem with their stuff.

Nooooooo, fuckin valspar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I've had my fair of hate on their spray paint, I painted a part for my computer took 4 weeks to cure and harden before I could install, before that I could scratch or push the paint with my fingernail.

I don't know what it is with their products but after that I go for the tried and true Rustoleum, or Krylon never had problem with their stuff.

So this is an issue with only their paint?!? How did your painting end up. After curing, is it durable and smooth?

Automotive paints is the best I have found. The spray paint you get in stores is great for art and small stuff for toys.
But for a better paint, longevity automotive spray paint is better.

Over spraying is tempting. resist the urge. I have done that to a GTX780 shroud and ruined it. look horrid.

Living=Learning. lesson learned aye.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

So this is an issue with only their paint?!? How did your painting end up. After curing, is it durable and smooth?

The finish didn't change but it wasn't as durable as the Rustoleum paint only with 24 hours of dry time. Just a side note when paint use primer on bare metal and plastic parts after scuffing the surface. As for salvaging the parts I'd either sand the paint off or use a chemical to scrub it off depending on the material that is painted, also like @Antistatic12 use light coats, less is more in painting if the coats get too thick and don't get the proper dry time between them it will never cure properly.

i tried this with my old keyboard....

moving on, i really like my NEW keyboard.

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

i tried this with my old keyboard....

moving on, i really like my NEW keyboard.

Haha, I know how you feel all happy after it's done and then you realize something went terribly wrong along the way.

Been there done that. :mellow: