rog swift GPU question.

Blake mcBlake

I'm getting the pg278q my mind is made up. I have a 780ti dciioc. Linus just tweeted a great deal on amazon for the same card for under 600.00. Is this sli set up a good match for the 1440p/144hz or should I wait for the 900 series with more of a frame buffer? Thoughts?

i7 4770k/Maximus VII Hero/Titan X/ 500gb 850evox2 r0/1000 EVGA G2

You already have a 780ti so adding another card would be great :) 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

No matter what the specs are of the 980 are, two 780Ti's will smash it for FPS. 

However, if you have never used two cards in SLI before, there is a little stuttering. (You get much higher frame rates but it is not as buttery smooth as a single card). 

for this question their is no wrong answer both options are great. on a single 1440 panel 3GB is fine

personally i would get the 780TI if you REALLY wanted or needed the extra performance otherwise i would wait until i actually needed the performance

I'm getting the pg278q my mind is made up. I have a 780ti dciioc. Linus just tweeted a great deal on amazon for the same card for under 600.00. Is this sli set up a good match for the 1440p/144hz or should I wait for the 900 series with more of a frame buffer? Thoughts?

Just get another 780 ti. It's definitely worth it for pushing a 1440p 144Hz monitor.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

SLI should get over 100 in most games at high settings so yeah that'd be good.

No matter what the specs are of the 980 are, two 780Ti's will smash it for FPS. 

However, if you have never used two cards in SLI before, there is a little stuttering. (You get much higher frame rates but it is not as buttery smooth as a single card). 

Isn't the G Sync on the ROG Swift suppose to help with that?

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Isn't the G Sync on the ROG Swift suppose to help with that?

Hmmmm, TBH I'm not sure if G-Sync will help with that.

G-sync will reduce tearing when the frame rate is higher than the refresh rate of the monitor. It's kinda like hardware V-sync.

Does any one know if G-sync will help smooth out SLI stuttering?

Hmmmm, TBH I'm not sure if G-Sync will help with that.

G-sync will reduce tearing when the frame rate is higher than the refresh rate of the monitor. It's kinda like hardware V-sync.

Does any one know if G-sync will help smooth out SLI stuttering?

What SLI stuttering? I have had in the past 2 GTX 680's and now 2 780's and have never expierenced this SLI stutter, I really think you don't know what you're talking about.

It's a perfect idea, you won't regret going SLI especially if you have a 1440p 144hz monitor.

What SLI stuttering? I have had in the past 2 GTX 680's and now 2 780's and have never expierenced this SLI stutter, I really think you don't know what you're talking about.

I have run 580s in SLI and I am currently running 2 680s in SLI. I have noticed that despite a high frame rate I get some stutter. When turning off SLI the frame rate is obviously lower but does not stutter. Your experience may have been different. This is all subjective, I see stutter and you don't.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/206550-gtx-780-sli-any-stuttering-with-g-sync/