G2 850W vs. X-850 KM3

I'm trying to decide between these two PSUs for my main rig, because I realized a bit late that the Vapor-X 280X's power consumption defies all logic. I know that 750W would be more than enough, but I would like to keep this next PSU a few years for my next upgrade and not have it decrease considerably in wattage due to cap aging.

I read that the G2 850W is really really good and it's only $149. But it lacks OTP, the cabling on the Leadex is unfamiliar (which might complicate sleeving), and is only a half-bridge topology. The X-850 is kinda old and has stood the test of time but it costs a full $30 more and some people have problems with the quality of the cables. Last time I checked both have very high quality caps and fan though

is the full bridge vs. half bridge debate to be taken seriously or will the efficiency difference be minimal? 

Your current psu is plenty unless you're planning to add another 280x for cf. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Your current psu is plenty unless you're planning to add another 280x for cf. 

I would think so too, but this appears to say otherwise:

post-68106-0-23153000-1409632094_thumb.p

it has 2 8-pins and I'm having trouble pushing it past 1070MHz core even with a bit of added voltage (which I know shouldn't be the thing holding the card back)

I would think so too, but this appears to say otherwise:

attachicon.gifsapphire_r9_280x_power.png

it has 2 8-pins and I'm having trouble pushing it past 1070MHz core even with a bit of added voltage (which I know shouldn't be the thing holding the card back)

The numbers are for total system power draw and not from the graphics card alone. Do also consider that they're using a 3960x that uses quite a bit more power than the e3-1230 v2.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.