iPhone 5 advice

CJPowell27

Hey guys.  Lately I've been in a predicament with my Iphone.

It gets super hot, like to the point where it just hurt me to touch it.  

The back camera doesn't work (along with the flashlight)

I have to charge the battery 3 times a day since the battery life is shit

BUT my apple warranty is out so apple won't replace it.

I'm starting to get genuinely scared of touching my phone :huh: 

Anyone have any ideas? I don't want to pay 250$ for an upgrade. 

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

take it into the apple store, they'll have a look at it. costs like a battery problem.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

If you don't want to pay $250 for an upgrade, you could get an iPhone 5c if your contract is up, it will be free on contract in about a week. Same internals as the iPhone 5.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

sounds like a battery issue, take it to the apple store before it explodes 

sounds like a battery issue, take it to the apple store before it explodes 

Will they replace it even if it's out of warranty?

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

There was a list of id numbers of iphone 5's with faulty batteries and apple has come out and said that they will replace them, my mum had hers replaced. That might be your solution, other then that never by apple again. *Apple hatred intensifies!*

EDIT: Also, my mum had the exact problems that you did, and I mean exactly the same.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

honestly, i doubt it but its probably the best thing to do if you want to keep your phone. Otherwise get a new phone.

There was a list of id numbers of iphone 5's with faulty batteries and apple has come out and said that they will replace them, my mum had hers replaced. That might be your solution, other then that never by apple again. *Apple hatred intensifies!*

Yep I saw this and mine wasn't eligible 

EDIT: Also, my mum had the exact problems that you did, and I mean exactly the same.

He is probably correct. Take it back to see what they say

The battery sounds like the issue so just get it replaced, but it's Apple so i'm guessing it won't be free i don't think it's that expensive to get it replaced.

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

Yep I saw this and mine wasn't eligible 

Thats a shame then, best advice is to buy a new battery and look up a youtube tutorial on how to do it, should save you a bunch of money.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken