'Ice Rivers' the successor of the 'Little Black&Red'

Najuno

So I´ve chosen now my new hardware and I am going to do some modding with my existing case the Corsair Obsidian 900d. The case itself fits my needs perfectly, even though I went a bit away from all internal radiators and put on a big external radiator for my GPU setup.

I used to call my rig the 'Little Black&Red', because with the red lighting, tubing and RoG motherboard as well as the red G.Skill Trident X RAM it complimented the massive black Corsair case very nicely.

So first things first. I will show off some pictures of the current look of my rig and when I´m in progress and eventually done with the mod, I´ll show more pictures. Keep in mind that the 2 way GTX780Ti SLI is just a temporary solution (I will go with 3 way later down the road, and yes my Corsair AX860 is too small for 3 GPUs ;) ).

The old specs:

Asus Maximus VI Formula Z87

Intel i7 4770K

2x8 GB G.Skill Trident X 2400 mHz C11

EVGA GTX780Ti 2 way SLI

2x Samsung Evo 840 120GB in Raid 0

WD Green 1 TB

Corsair AX860

2 custom watercooled loop (too many parts to go in detail but all heatsinks are from EK)

Foto2_zpsa6f8167a.jpg

Foto3_zpsb1b1e63b.jpg

IMG_1536_zps9e08ed9e.jpg

IMG_1533_zps734af863.jpg

IMG_1106_zpseb612926.jpg

The pictures on top are the latest and greatest and I am very sorry for the poor image quality. Cell Phone pictures don´t look that great.

So the new built will be a little bit more tricky than just slamming the hardware with some UV tubes and red lighting in there. But I am looking forward to have a fun time while building up the new machine.

The new pc will go by the name 'Ice Rivers' because I´ve got 2 custom watercooled loops and I will probably go with 1 blue and 1 white colored loop. I will mod the side window as well because I find this a bit too big and it show parts that should be better hidden IMO ;) .

The lighting will be changed as well, and I will take the time and paint the case. I don´t know yet. if I´ll paint it completly white or black and white or white with some black colored accent. Other than that I will do some detailing as well and for sure paint the internal as well as the external radiator.

I do have 3 PC´s so please don´t be surprised to see that a large storage HDD is missing. I just have a storage SSD for games. I used to run a Raid 0 SSD but in all reality the benefit of that was very little so I decided to skip that for 1 good system drive (Samsung 850 PRO).

My new specs are:

Asus X99 Deluxe

Intel i7 5930K

Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2800mHz CL16

EVGA GTX780Ti 2 way SLI

Samsung 850 PRO 250GB

Crucial M500 CT480 (Storage Drive)

Corsair AX860

2 custom watercooled loop (too many parts to go in detail but all heatsinks are from EK)

UPDATE1:

So I got all parts finally, can´t wait to get a running system. I decided to replace the grey Corsair fans as well with a white 140mm Bitfenix and 3 120mm e-Loop nB 12-4.

c9bedbbe-9d2a-4dcc-b85a-6c8184574bc6_zps

4e86808e-9404-48b8-acc5-388b2d8cb804_zps

13590910-6600-4cf7-ab86-a6f7c847c1cc_zps

Foto1_zpsed8dba29.jpg

I started doing some paint job with a couple of the existing parts, I will show the results soon, I think it looks sweet :).

*Picture Placeholder*

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Your specs were awesome on the Old build. Didnt really see the need to upgrade. But hey, if you got the money, go ahead

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Nice build. Well done ;)

Your specs were awesome on the Old build. Didnt really see the need to upgrade. But hey, if you got the money, go ahead

Yeah I know the built was pretty okay, but I went away a while ago from the X79 platform and then I found it kind of out dated and when X99 came out last Friday I was debatting back and forward what to buy. First I wanted to buy the Rampage V and the 5960X... but all I do is benchmarking (mostly games and 3d based benchmarks) and play games. Therefore the 5930K is good enough I guess because I just want to make use of the native 40 PCIe 3.0 lanes of the CPU :) . And I guess 2 Cores more than my i7 4770K won´t harm anybody hehehe :) .

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Is this the first Haswell-E build? Or just the only one I've saw?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Is this the first Haswell-E build? Or just the only one I've saw?

I think it's the first, i guess most people are waiting out since the ddr4 memory is only 16gb (well the nice ones), amd and nvidia will be coming out with new gpus and it's quite pricey :P I'm planning a x99 all white build but i'm delaying till later.

I think it's the first, i guess most people are waiting out since the ddr4 memory is only 16gb (well the nice ones), amd and nvidia will be coming out with new gpus and it's quite pricey :P I'm planning a x99 all white build but i'm delaying till later.

Don´t know but this package was the right step for me to go back to the enthusiast grade. I like that better for multi GPU setups :) .

Looks like a cool build subbed

Yeah but the white of the X99 Deluxe is a bit tricky. I had no white backplates for the GPUs and neither a white CPU heatsink. And then my white colored coolant wouldn´t work out... well as of right now I am in the middle of painting more parts and playing with some Dyes from Mayhem in order to get a color scheme that fits.

Okay here are more pictures of the new rig.

I have the machine put together meanwhile and running but it isn't in a state yet to be shown off ;). But the first results are good. I had some trouble to get everything to work in the first place and then spent hours with testing the hardware and overclocks and watch temps. The bad thing as of right now is, there are many programs out there, that are not optimized yet for X99 and these new CPUs. But I was actually able to achieve a Cinebench Score for CPU of 1304 Points which is nice.

Temps and overclocks are stable so far and I am looking forward to finish the rest soon.

CPU heatsink

IMG_2073_zps04ff0384.jpg

Taking it apart for cleaning

IMG_2071_zps3948c9ad.jpg

Doing some paintjobs (Plasti Dip)

IMG_2074_zps940be415.jpg

Red Backplates transformed into white ones (I think it looks so sweet :) ).

IMG_2080_zps51301ace.jpg

Mixing colors from Mayhem to get individual colors for both custom loops.

IMG_2112_zps8841ac89.jpg

I'll show shortly more, I hope you guys like what I modified so far.

Okay time for another update.

IMG_2104_zps33b89e99.jpg

First I wasn't sure, if the yellow of the Corsair Vengeance would bother me, but you can't see it really, so I decided to let it be.

IMG_2106_zps44c9003a.jpg

Took some risk with the white Plasti Dip, because I didn't know if the white of it and the white of the X99 would fit, but lucky me they do :) .

IMG_2107_zps46478e5e.jpg

I really enjoy to look a this black and white scheme.

Nice build

Thank you :) .