Iphone 6 gets a tear down before launch

dizmo

Title pretty much says it all. I know there's some of you here that care about this so I'll just leave it here.

I'll admit the sides of the phone look nice. I like the rounded edges. How that performs in terms of grip, we'll just have to wait and see.

Anyway, here's the link to the article. Care of GSMArena. The video is in Russian but there's English subs.

http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_6_gets_disassembled_before_its_official_debut-news-9516.php

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

awesome

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Too bad it doesn't work with the things I use :( 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

So... Is this just a mockup stuffed with iPhone 5s parts? really confused here. 

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

nice

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

video-iPhone-6-Air-coque.jpg

I'm far more interested in the 5.5" phone, for a new purchase I might as well go big and go home with half a dinner plate, but I'd wager this will be the one that sells like gangbusters just cause the mass market associates bigger = better.

video showcasing what is claimed to be the rear shell of the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 was published today by Nowhereelse.fr. While component leaks have been abundant for the 4.7-inch version, this is one of only a few leaks for the 5.5-inch iPhone, which is rumored to be entering production in September. The site's sources also claim Apple has selected "iPhone Air" as the name for this larger iPhone version. 

The metal frame in this latest leak is similar in appearance to a rear shell that appearedlast month. Both shells have thick antenna breaks, a rounded opening for an updated True Tone flash, a cutout for the Apple logo, a space for elongated volume buttons and a side mounted power button. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGtkqrIAix4

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/01/video-shell-5-5-iphone-6/

Do please keep the manhood measuring, iOS v Android, Apple v Hitler, and any other off topic bullshit to a minimum. The fact I have to say this is sad, but it needs to be said with the way things have gone the last few rounds. 

Why did this get merged, this isn't even discussing the same item  :huh:

Beats me, they've been doing that lately. Maybe report it?

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I'm just going to say that the iPhone 4 model was the best phone ever made. The engineering that went into it is extraordinary. If I had the choice of going back to it I would.

Relevant: iPhone 6 looks chunky. I like the size of the iPhone 4. The iPhone 5 was a little tall but iPhone 6 is disproportional. The holes on the bottom and no where near symmetrical.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

It looks like a slick device, but I have to say I thought the design of the iPhone 4/5 was the best.

I'm just going to say that the iPhone 4 model was the best phone ever made. The engineering that went into it is extraordinary. If I had the choice of going back to it I would.

Relevant: iPhone 6 looks chunky. I like the size of the iPhone 4. The iPhone 5 was a little tall but iPhone 6 is disproportional. The holes on the bottom and no where near symmetrical.

You forget that if you even lay the phone a bed you have to worry about it breaking to an extent

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

It looks like a slick device, but I have to say I thought the design of the iPhone 4/5 was the best.

I liked the 4, but I found the 5 too light. Might sound like an odd thing to say, but it just didn't have that quality feel to it. Plus the fact that the anodizing would wear away is just pathetic.

I must say though, going to a 5" screen (or even 4.7"), I could never go back down to a 4" screen. I was always ranting about how huge phones were stupid until I used one.

Granted, there are limits. 6" is currently too big, and 7" is just ludicrous.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I liked the 4, but I found the 5 too light. Might sound like an odd thing to say, but it just didn't have that quality feel to it. Plus the fact that the anodizing would wear away is just pathetic.

I must say though, going to a 5" screen (or even 4.7"), I could never go back down to a 4" screen. I was always ranting about how huge phones were stupid until I used one.

Granted, there are limits. 6" is currently too big, and 7" is just ludicrous.

4 was the best built IMO.

Agreed. The iPhone 4 was the pinnacle of iPhone engineering. 

but this happens every year. New iPhone photo gets leaked and people start fussing saying the old version is better. I remember when the iPhone 4 got leaked many people were disgusted by its antennae breaks saying "Apple would never allow such poor design" and that it was far too square compared to the 3GS. Now the iPhone 4 is revered to be one of the best built phones of all time.

I really enjoyed the part where Jobs likened the iPhone 4's steel frame to an old Leica camera. And that through time and wear it would age beautifully just like a Leica. I really miss that kind of passionate engineering. 

I also wish Apple would go back to using the same steel the iPhone 4 used. It was more durable than the soft aluminum of the iPhone 5 and felt far more premium due to its density. Not to mention it did age beautifully. 

Too thin, not going to be comfortable to use without a case.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Too thin, not going to be comfortable to use without a case.

They said, before they had even held the device or seen it in person.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

They said, before they had even held the device or seen it in person.

I held an iPod Touch 5. I held an iPod Touch 4. Both have comparable thinness. Both are uncomfortable to hold.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I held an iPod Touch 5. I held an iPod Touch 4. Both have comparable thinness. Both are uncomfortable to hold.

Speak for yourself. The iPhone 6 is much wider than the iPod Touch 5.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Speak for yourself. The iPhone 6 is much wider than the iPod Touch 5.

I AM speaking for myself. I would say stop being an Apple fanboy for 5 seconds but I know you cannot do that.

I AM speaking for myself. I would say stop being an Apple fanboy for 5 seconds but I know you cannot do that.

No, you're speaking for everyone by saying it's not going to be comfortable to hold. You're missing a "personally" after it.

You just can't resist a single chance to call me a fanboy. You're using that term to reduce me and make it so my voice is invalid, it's essentially an ad hominem.

By the way, how old are you? 15? You sound pretty young.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

No, you're speaking for everyone by saying it's not going to be comfortable to hold. You're missing a "personally" after it.

You just can't resist a single chance to call me a fanboy. You're using that term to reduce me and make it so my voice is invalid, it's essentially an ad hominem.

By the way, how old are you? 15? You sound pretty young.

I am much older than 15. But you sound like a 12 year old that has nothing better to do than to religiously defend Apple on the Internet because you bought Apple and want confirm that your decision wasn't stupid. You will never admit to Apple being wrong because that will mean for you that you are being wrong. You are deeply insecure.

I am much older than 15. But you sound like a 12 year old that has nothing better to do than to religiously defend Apple on the Internet because you bought Apple and want confirm that your decision wasn't stupid. You will never admit to Apple being wrong because that will mean for you that you are being wrong. You are deeply insecure.

I'm not the one generating conspiracy theories about people I've never met...

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I don't understand how they got their hands on a genuine iPhone 6 already...?

You forget that if you even lay the phone a bed you have to worry about it breaking to an extent

It's really not as fragile as everyone makes it out to be. I dropped my 4S dozens of times without a case and didn't so much as crack it and I know plenty of people who also never broke their 4 or 4S. 

It all comes down to luck every time you drop it. 

It's really not as fragile as everyone makes it out to be. I dropped my 4S dozens of times without a case and didn't so much as crack it and I know plenty of people who also never broke their 4 or 4S.

It all comes down to luck every time you drop it.

Really, at my school everyone is highlighting the crack i the iPhones because everyone has them

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2