NVIDIA announces Game24, a Massive Global 24-hour celebration of PC Gaming.

Bloodyvalley

5a.jpg

NVIDIA announced Game24, a worldwide, multinational event spanning 24 hours, celebrating PC gaming. Scheduled for 18th September, 2014, The event will be held across seven locations around the world, and live-streams of each will be broadcast the world over. NVIDIA didn't put out specifics about the event, but we're guessing it will be full of game developer interactions (with the gamers), multiplayer gaming events on NVIDIA-powered gaming PCs, and the odd next-generation high-end GPU launch (GeForce GTX 980, GTX 970). You can pick up any of the event's streams, and RSVP for events near you, on this page.

Source

Devs and gamers. yay! hopefully games will improve with this reunion.

Nope we'll probably see some trashtalks during games xD

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

neat. i really am hoping these next generation of GPU's are gonna be good. If plans are big then im super excited!

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I tihnk someone posted this earlier. 

But, we all know this is the 24 hours event to launch the gtx 980 xD

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Sweet. Thanks for this.

2014 - EVGA 780 SC ACX | 4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB | RM650 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | VGA248QE | Fractal Define r4

2015 - EVGA 980 | 4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB | RM650 | NZXT X41 | Asus ProArt 1080p IPS | Fractal Define r4

2017 - MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti | 6600K | Strix z270e | Trident DDR4 3GHz 16GB | RM650 | NZXT X42 | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair Crystal 460x

2021 - MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti | 5600X | Strix B550-F | Trident Neo DDR4 3.6GHz 32GB | Dark Power Pro 12 1500W | EK AIO Basic 360 | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair 5000D Airflow

2023 - Asus TUF 4090 | 5800X3D | Strix B550-F | Viper DDR4 3.6GHz 32GB | RM1000x | h150i 360 Elite LCD | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Yo, I would die if this were nearby to me.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Global with 4/7 of the events being in the states...

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Inb4 this thread turns into a Nvidia v AMD v Apple v Jesus v Everything kind of gongshow

Nvidia >>> AMD, and Apple >>> Everything.

*grabs popcorn*

Cool, yay for PC gaming!

But more importantly, maybe they will announce new GPUs!!!

Inb4 this thread turns into a Nvidia v AMD v Apple v Jesus v Everything kind of gongshow

Yes but in the end GabeN wins

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

time to scratch off one of my GPUs 0s :P

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

...new gpu launch? already?

Guess it's time to sell these 270x's

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

i lost hope on any new gpus coming on 28nm; amd and nvidia sticking to 256 bit bus, shows that whatever they have is hold out for 20nm next year, this year it will just rebranding along with over the top marketing.

and yea Nvidia is starting to get annoyed by AMD's focus on Gaming, they are gaining more popularity with Mantle, freesync and the 295

...new gpu launch? already?

Yup, every year.

i lost hope on any new gpus coming on 28nm; amd and nvidia sticking to 256 bit bus, shows that whatever they have is hold out for 20nm next year, this year it will just rebranding along with over the top marketing.

and yea Nvidia is starting to get annoyed by AMD's focus on Gaming, they are gaining more popularity with Mantle, freesync and the 295

I completely agree. It'll be good to upgrade to the 300 series(AMD) or 900 series(Nvidia), but only if you have a 7000 series(AMD) or 600 series(Nvidia) or below.

Nothing really is going to come from these GPU's unless they do have a new thing in mind, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Here we go. :)

Too bad that's not a AMD vs. Nvidia post, that's an outlier perspective looking in and criticizing both sides.

I don't know why you've already given up on maxwell. 256bit is different from 256 bit kepler. 20nm isn't ready or else we'd have it coming out already. For AMD it's rebranding. Nvidia is releasing a whole new architecture across the board. the winners on this generation isn't going to be the high end so much but the mid range.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Too bad that's not a AMD vs. Nvidia post, that's an outlier perspective looking in and criticizing both sides.

Nope, not both sides, it is a plain paragraph based on rumors and it's bashing Nvidia only. You may see it that way because you actually agreed on him. Before you say anything more I've been a happy AMD user for years, and I truly see them both companies with flaws.

That's a neutral non-bias opinion. Not gonna continue, they're probably going to delete this post. 

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I completely agree. It'll be good to upgrade to the 300 series(AMD) or 900 series(Nvidia), but only if you have a 7000 series(AMD) or 600 series(Nvidia) or below.

Damn it need faster gpus to power all my games including Star Citizen at 4K with a minimum of 30fps and ones that don't suck up too much power like my R9 290. Really hope the GTX 990 has 4GB+ of high clocked and high bandwidth memory and a good 20% or even 10% more core performance than the 780ti and around $500 each or less.

Cool sounds fun. Shame I am working that day otherwise I might of actually considered taking the train down to london to spend 24 hours there.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Nvidia >>> AMD, and Apple >>> Everything.

*grabs popcorn*

Also: Linux sucks and console gaming is way more immersive.

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

How about they celebrate PC gaming by halving the RRP of all their cards worldwide :D

Stockholm? Just for that I'm buying AMD next gen, Nvidia.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Im thinking of heading to the London event, as its on a friday, No School. Downside, the train will cost minimum of £30 or if I wish to make it atleast bearable, £55 for first class. But Hey. I might go if I got nothing to do over the weekend.

EDIT: Turns out I was looking at single only, so double the price. I think the possibility of me going as reduced dremastically.

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Nope, not both sides, it is a plain paragraph based on rumors and it's bashing Nvidia only. You may see it that way because you actually agreed on him. Before you say anything more I've been a happy AMD user for years, and I truly see them both companies with flaws.

That's a neutral non-bias opinion. Not gonna continue, they're probably going to delete this post.

How the hell is,

i lost hope on any new gpus coming on 28nm; amd and nvidia sticking to 256 bit bus, shows that whatever they have is hold out for 20nm next year, this year it will just rebranding along with over the top marketing. and yea Nvidia is starting to get annoyed by AMD's focus on Gaming, they are gaining more popularity with Mantle, freesync and the 295

He's talking about both sides. His last sentence might be leaning towards Nvidia "hate", but it's an observation nonetheless, not even remotely close to being "fanboism". The same could be made by AMD getting annoyed by Gsync and whatnot, but that's also why they are coming out with Freesync, etc.