MSI vs Gigabyte (290 cooler)

Sherako

Both non-reference, MSI Gaming, and whatever Gigabyte's is called. PLZ ignore GPU in sig and profile, I'm changing it now.

I can get both for same price.

1. Which is cooler? (I know Gigabyte's is OC higher, but I'ma OC the MSI on too)

2. Which is quiter?

3. Which will last longer?

If it's a tie or Gigabyte wins by a tiny tiny bit, MSI wins because my build is black and red.

I trip to make the fall shorter

i would chose the windforce out of those two, because of those 3 fans instead of 2, this is my opinion. 

1.gigabyte

2. msi

3. msi

1.probably gigabyte
2. MSI
3. I'm going to say msi here, i've had no problems with their gpu.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

MSI, Gigabyte is slightly louder, but even if that's not the issue, MSI fits your colour scheme and mobo.

POwerColor PCS+

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

I usually hear not so good things about Gigabyte when paired with AMD GPUs. The complaint is that their cooling system is designed for Nvidia cards and doesn't work as well on AMD Hawaii cards. Its still a lot better than a 290 reference cooler(what isn't), but that's not saying much. You hear the same thing with Asus. They both work great with the gtx 780/TI but usually result in higher temps than their competitors with AMD.

I haven't heard the same complaint with MSI.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

I usually hear not so good things about Gigabyte when paired with AMD GPUs. The complaint is that their cooling system is designed for Nvidia cards and doesn't work as well on AMD Hawaii cards. Its still a lot better than a 290 reference cooler(what isn't), but that's not saying much. You hear the same thing with Asus. They both work great with the gtx 780/TI but usually result in higher temps than their competitors with AMD.

I haven't heard the same complaint with MSI.

AFAIK that was an early complaint and has been rectified no doubt...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Get vapor-x and spray paint it black/red

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

gigabyte is cooler but the msi would last longer because of the military grade components pesonally i would go with the gigabyte but in the end its your choice 

MSI personally i like the looks of it. and it gives you nice temps.

Equality doesn't mean Justice.