*****Will my H440 overheat with this setup?*****

Hello everyone. I recently purchased this build (http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kfg6NG). I haven't built it yet, as I am still waiting for a few parts to get here. Anyway, I have been doing some extra research just to kill time and after looking more closely at my build, I am starting to worry. I knew before I purchased the NZXT H440, that it has a slight problem with airflow. But I didn't think it was all that bad. But now I am hearing more and more people say that it is very airflow restrictive and even more so with the addition of AIO coolers. As the rad blocks a lot of the airflow. Because I am going with the H110, should I expect major problems in terms of overheating with this case? I plan to play Skyrim on ultra with a lot of mods and I am not quite sure on how my system will do in terms of performance and temperatures. I don't plan to overclock at this point as I am not to knowledgeable on the subject. I have looked around and have found a lot of mixed opinions in terms of "safe" temps for the i7 4790k and the Asus GTX 780ti, as well as a lot of problems with the i7 4790k overheating. And to make matters worse, the H440 doesn't seem to be built to handle such components (am I wrong?) because of its restricted airflow limitations. What should I be aiming for and at what temps should I start to worry for the CPU and GPU in general and then in this specific build? Do any of you have any tips to improve the cooling in the H440 to make it safe? And lastly, am I right in worrying about this or am I just overreacting? Will the case do well or not so well? Thanks so much and I hope to hear from you soon!

you're just over reacting the case is fine, also please don't spam icons in the title its annoying and clogs up the feed 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

you're just over reacting the case is fine, also please don't spam icons in the title its annoying and clogs up the feed 

Oh sorry, didn't know. I will not use icons in the future.

EDIT: If not then I would recommend taking a look at your temps when you get the thing built rather than buying fans right off the bat. If you want to minimize temps and noise best you can rather than using stock fans, then buy some fans from Noctua or Corsair, something like that.

An H100i will keep that chip cool, so it's okay.

Yes. But keep in mind, Unless you have quad SLI you will never run skyrim at 60FPS with tons of mods. You should get a comfortable framerate around 30-40. Maybe dips into the high 20s around grassy plains around Whiterun

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Just make sure to fill up all fan slots as possible, don't worry, you'll be fine.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

It won't overheat unless you block the intakes/exhausts, so stop worrying so much.

Are you just planning to game on this system? if so then get an i5 4690K to save some money, along with only 8GB of ram.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Hello everyone. I recently purchased this build (http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kfg6NG). I haven't built it yet, as I am still waiting for a few parts to get here. Anyway, I have been doing some extra research just to kill time and after looking more closely at my build, I am starting to worry. I knew before I purchased the NZXT H440, that it has a slight problem with airflow. But I didn't think it was all that bad. But now I am hearing more and more people say that it is very airflow restrictive and even more so with the addition of AIO coolers. As the rad blocks a lot of the airflow. Because I am going with the H110, should I expect major problems in terms of overheating with this case? I plan to play Skyrim on ultra with a lot of mods and I am not quite sure on how my system will do in terms of performance and temperatures. I don't plan to overclock at this point as I am not to knowledgeable on the subject. I have looked around and have found a lot of mixed opinions in terms of "safe" temps for the i7 4790k and the Asus GTX 780ti, as well as a lot of problems with the i7 4790k overheating. And to make matters worse, the H440 doesn't seem to be built to handle such components (am I wrong?) because of its restricted airflow limitations. What should I be aiming for and at what temps should I start to worry for the CPU and GPU in general and then in this specific build? Do any of you have any tips to improve the cooling in the H440 to make it safe? And lastly, am I right in worrying about this or am I just overreacting? Will the case do well or not so well? Thanks so much and I hope to hear from you soon!

You are worrying too much, at stock clocks you will have absolutely no overheating issues at all.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Don't worry about it, you should be MORE than fine. Best way to find out is to try, you don't risk any damage anyway. As a general rule you should keep the cpu under 80c, but it can do up to 96 before throttling if I recall correctly.

The gpu fans will automatically spin up to reach its temperature target and the asus cooler usually maxes out under 40% in a good airflow scenario, so you should have quite a bit of headroom.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Yes. But keep in mind, Unless you have quad SLI you will never run skyrim at 60FPS with tons of mods. You should get a comfortable framerate around 30-40. Maybe dips into the high 20s around grassy plains around Whiterun

is that a joke?

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Depends on which mods though. Some of them run fine.

Unless you're running all 4k textures then yes you will have drops if you don't have enough VRAM.

I bought the H440 for my son's computer.  It works wonderfully.   It doesn't have the same current-generation parts in it like you have in your link, but there's plenty of airflow.   

is that a joke?

Most people with 780ti's that play skyrim, and have TONS of graphical mods can never achieve a solid 60 FPS. Of course this will vary depending on what mods you use.

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Most people with 780ti's that play skyrim, and have TONS of graphical mods can never achieve a solid 60 FPS. Of course this will vary depending on what mods you use.

I  know some mods are very taxing, but he can expect 60fps, 30 is unacceptable.

I bought the H440 for my son's computer.  It's great.  I also got 2 Corsair pressure-optimized fans separately and mounted them on the top.  There's plenty of airflow.  And for having 8 fans inside, it's surprisingly quiet.. albeit, not silent. 

So overheating shouldn't be an issue? What temps should I expect with the CPU and GPU? Also, I was told that the 780ti would work well for skyrim as well as the rest of my system. Now should I be worried about my systems performance with Skyrim on ultra with mods? Dropped more than $3000 on it.

I bought the H440 for my son's computer. It's great. I also got 2 Corsair pressure-optimized fans separately and mounted them on the top. There's plenty of airflow. And for having 8 fans inside, it's surprisingly quiet.. albeit, not silent.

What are his temps if you don't mind me asking? What does he play?

overheat? hell no your using a closed loop cooler on your i7 and i dont even think it would overheat on the stock cooler while gaming. and btw you dont need a 780ti to play skyrim at ultra 1080p

Its just that I have heard that the H440 has very bad airflow and is quite restrictive and as I said, much more so with a rad. Don't want the case holding me down.

I know some mods are very taxing, but he can expect 60fps, 30 is unacceptable.

So should I be expecting 60fps or lower then that?

Tech Uploaded has got me quite paranoid with all of the cooling videos he has made for the H440.

It won't overheat unless you block the intakes/exhausts, so stop worrying so much.

Are you just planning to game on this system? if so then get an i5 4690K to save some money, along with only 8GB of ram.

Yes, I plan to play Skyrim on ultra with alot of mods. Will I have a problem?

The H440 cant overheat, its a case, but your components seem to be well equiped to fight any heat.

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

The H440 cant overheat, its a case, but your components seem to be well equiped to fight any heat.

Well said. I can't seem to find any safe temps let alone max temps for the 780ti (asus) or the i7-4790k. Any links?

Has anyone else around the LTTF had any experience with the H440 restricting heat to comments?

Well said. I can't seem to find any safe temps let alone max temps for the 780ti (asus) or the i7-4790k. Any links? 

well, the 780ti stays at 70°C, and the cpu with that cooler at around 60°C under load.

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

i havent heard of that to be an issue look at how much air you are pushing and pulling out of it. and my friend maxes out skyrim with a pentium g3258 and a r9 270 so i dont think spending that much money on a computer is necessary to play skyrim. btw his computer costs less than a 780ti if that tells you anything

Didn't get the system solely for Skyrim. Its just my main game at the moment. I like to have room for more If I want in the future. 

Nope, the best way to keep the H440 circulating good air flow, is to just change out the stock fans with some better  ones.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Nope, the best way to keep the H440 circulating good air flow, is to just change out the stock fans with some better  ones.

No you shouldn't be worried or no your going to overheat? I did change the rear fan. 

No you shouldn't be worried or no your going to overheat? I did change the rear. 

I own 4 out of the 6 H440's  available. I have found, that for any rig that is a moderate system (very miner overclocks, and casual gaming, the stock fans cool fairly well, but when you put a beast rig in the H440, the stock fans are no match for the amount of heat that is generated through the case. Ive switched out the stock fans with BitFenix Spectre Pro fans, Coolink 120 fans, Corsiar AF 120's and 140's, and Cougar Vortex fans so far. All of them cool the H440 with a fully balls to the walls build inside just fine.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

********************What's with all the asterisks in the title?*************************

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.