AMD a Decent Option Again?

Dude your 9590/cooler/mobo costed twice as much as a i5 4430/H81 which gets outperformed up to ~70% and you're complaining about Intel costing too much.

Are you saying the I5 4430 outperform a 9590 by 70%

Let's agree to disagree

Are you saying the I5 4430 outperform a 9590 by 70%

Up to means, up to. The single threaded advantage in games is around up to 100% between a stock i5 & 8350, 9590 adds like a 20-30% gain.

Doesnt matter for me anyway, only games i play are BF4 and CS:GO, it rocks both games so

Got a MSI 970 gaming and a 8350 in the mail today, payed 200 euro in a deal, gonna sell the 4770k and G65 gaming for 400... Nuff said

Let's agree to disagree

Doesnt matter for me anyway, only games i play are BF4 and CS:GO, it rocks both games so

Got a MSI 970 gaming and a 8350 in the mail today, payed 200 euro in a deal, gonna sell the 4770k and G65 gaming for 400... Nuff said

Nobody would pay 400 eur for a 4770k & 100 eur board when it's the new price

So what about the 9370 and 9590? Those beat the i5 if I remember correctly. 

while burning through your mobo, maybe

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Nobody would pay 400 eur for a 4770k & 100 eur board when it's the new price

4770k is 320 eu alone, and the G65 160 ....  both 2 months old, already sold my 760 at the same price i bought it

Let's agree to disagree

Forget AMD, unless they change whole architecture.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

No, we won't. Some are even predicting that excavator only will be available on the mobile platform (however that is only a rumour).

AMD won't release any HEDT (highend desktop) CPU's before their upcoming zen architecture.

Excavator will come with Carrizo, so there is a possibility that we could see Excavator FX. Especially considering K16 had just went into development as a completely new architecture from scratch. AMD needs something to fill the time gap between now and then. Tho I got a feeling we wont see anything other than Piledriver until K16.

How do you know this? You never know when AMD might just make a comeback. 

Not with their massive process node disadvantage. Jim Keller is a prodigy, yes, but even he can't overcome physics. AMD will stay afloat because of its APUs being able to XFire with its GPUs, Nvidia's disadvantage.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

well i would say nothing wrong with the cpu's its more the m/boards as there hasn't been any new ones that i know of for a long time.

would like to see some M-atx AM3+ 990FX boards but you just don't see them.

got to love Asus components

The biggest problem that our hardware is still not working optimzal, is just because of  the software devolpers.

Microsoft / gaming developers  and what not.

I dont care about intel vs amd or Nvidia vs Radeon, both have theire pro´s and con´s.

in the end its all personal which is best for you, and your wallet.

If you are a gamer, and you dont know which cpu is the best for you, then its important to know which games you play.

Intel has some advantages over amd in some games, games that are still relay on single threaded performance. mostly MMo´s.

Still this does not mean that those games are running bad on AMD.

That the current unlocked haswell i5 / i7´s are better for gaming in general is nothing to argue about, due the single threaded performance.

But like i said it highly depends on which games you play, cause there are allot of games, on which there is not much of a diffrence between amd and intel. like bioshock, tombraider, BF4, Farcry3, and such.

These discussions are so pointless every time, anytime. to be honnest.

AMD is working on new FX cpu´s for "probably" AM4 and DDR4 support.

I expect them 2016.

Intel is focussing on skylake.

Wow no need to take it so seriously geez. Just asking for opinions damn. lol 

If I would of gone intel, I would of gone ROG mobo still with the same cooler and a 4770k or 4790k, that's the way I look at it, would of cost me more. But I'm an AMD fan boy. Gotta rep, idc.

Intel, or AMD, whatever, they both get the job done. I got another friend with a 4790k, both our machines are within few seconds of each other on 90% of the stuff we do. When it comes to video rendering, yeah he takes the cake a lil, but by what, less than a minutes on a 30min video..  to his their own. There's nothing wrong with AMD, and I even helped him build his Intel machine, I wasn't trying to even get him to switch, he likes intel, that's fine. To the OP, AMD is decent, are they the fastest out, no, is the 9590 for bragging right for me, yes, I could of saved and got a 8350, but I'm baller, idc

Lol it's not like I was really bashing AMD, they just are becoming more and more of an irrelevant option at this point though because they're taking too long to release CPU's.