"New" QNIX 2710 True10 (A-HVA) vs OG QNIX 2710 PLS?

MalcolmSex

I was about to drive an hour to buy a used QNIX 2710 PLS for $225 ($250 after gas) w/ who knows how many dead pixels, when I decided to check ebay prices one last time. What I found was pretty interesting.

Members on this forum constantly recommended the QNIX 2710, but it appears as if there are two models

The original QNIX 2710 Evolution II PLS 

http://bit.ly/1ihS4Vf

$310

$335 (perfect pixel)

panel - PLS

stock refresh rate - 60hz?

response time - 8ms (also says 6ms in promo pics)

static contrast - 1,000:1

dynamic contrast - 50,000:1

viewing angles - 178

colors - 16.7 milion

inputs -  DVI

dead pixels - up to 5

"up to 120hz overcklockable"

The "New" 2710 Evolution II DPmulti TRUE10

http://bit.ly/1tUnSUR

$290

$380 (perfect pixel)

panel - AH-VA

stock refresh rate - 75hz

response time - 4ms

static contrast - 1,000:1

dynamic contrast: 2,000,000:1

viewing angles - 178

colors - 16.7 milion

Inputs: DVI, HDMI

dead pixels - up to 5

"new! Supports overclocking without frame skipping up to 120hz"

"flicker free"

"virtual 4k support @30hz"

appears to have a slightly redesigned frame

Other:

X-star DP2710 Multi AH-VA (http://bit.ly/1Cdrx3W)

appears to be identical to qnix true10 other than no promise of "overclocking w/ out frame skipping" and not labeled as 75hz out the box

$270

$300 perfect pixel (0-2 bright dots, dark spots don't count)

X-star PLS

$300 or $330 PP

Tek Sydicate uploaded a video comparing an X-star AH-VA multi and a X-star PLS

-They prefer the PLS x-star

-They overclocked the AH-VA and noticed dropped frames particularly at 120hz, but even at 70 or 80 

-they didn't try overclocking the PLS, just the ahva and a S-ips

-said the x-star AH-VA "looks way better than TN, but looks slightly washed out in comparison to PLS x-star)

-did not notice any extra latency on AH-Va due to extra HDMI

-I don't know if they bought PP, but they have bought 30 monitors from X-star seller and haven't had a single dead pixel

other thoughts/observations

-I can't tell if the QNIX AH-VA is diffetent from the X-star AH-VA. Tek Syndicate made the X-star look unspectacular, however unlike the sparse product pages for the X-star, the QNIX mentions a 75hz refresh rate out of the box (Logan mentioned putting the x-star "back" 60hz) and "New updated! overclocking without frame skipping". Logan complained about dropped frames on the X-star, so I'm curious if the "new updated" QNIX overclocks any better. 

-If the QNIX is different from the X-star, do you guys think the colors will be any better as well? From a spec sheet perspective, the colors on the AH-VA QNIX should be on par with the PLS, although I am skeptical.

So what do you guys think? Should I get the used QNIX PLS, or a new QNIX or X-star PLS or AH-VA?

I would like to spend as little as possible, and while I never have experienced one, I imagine that I wouldn't want more than 2 maybe 3 dead pixels. Also, i would use this for gaming and movies.

Also, how many dead pixels do you guys have? Did you order PP? Do you even notice them?

AHVA is a type of IPS not VA dispite what Teksyndicate said.

PLS is samsungs, AH-VA is Benqs. I personally like benq's panel more.

If you want cheaper you hsould be fine with the PLS.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I personally say get the Xstar PLS IT is by far the best out of all options in my opinion

AHVA is a type of IPS not VA dispite what Teksyndicate said.

PLS is samsungs, AH-VA is Benqs. I personally like benq's panel more.

If you want cheaper you hsould be fine with the PLS.

Why do you prefer the Benq panel? Do you have both?

another note:

I was able to find a detailed review of the QNIX PLS

-his overclocked to 96hz smoothly and 120hz w/ artifacting

-the higher he overclocked, the worse the gamma and blacks. He fixed this with color correction software and downloadable profiles

-Once overclocked even to 96hz, he had image retention when the same image was shown for some time. switching to 60hz for a few hours fixed this

-He suggested running it at 60hz and only switching it (and gamma profile) to 94hz for gaming and movies

-his had back light bleed. 

-colors and response/ghosting out of the box were among the best. Worse response than LG Crossover, better colors than PB278Q

Soo it seems as if The Samsung PLS panels are the way to go unless the BenQ AH-VA can get very close to matching the colors of the PLS while offering better/ more stable overclocking

Why do you prefer the Benq panel? Do you have both?

i have niether but i've worked with the monitor with the Benq panel and worked with another with the pls one.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

tft central did a review of this monitor if you want a more in depth look at this monitor.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

tft central did a review of this monitor if you want a more in depth look at this monitor.

Thanks, I read their detailed review of the QX2710 DPmulti True10 (the AH-VA w/ a lot of extra inputs)

They said

-the stock contrast ratio was closer to 650:1 compared to something like the PB278q or even the Benq w/ the same panel. Both of which were in the 800s.

-qnix lied about being flicker free

-it was quite laggy with avg response times closer to 16ms, not 4. Total lag was in the 20s

-Overclocking was a no go, even at 70hz. dropped frames and artifacting

-Excellent coating, panel uniformity, viewing angles, and zero back light bleeding (a problem with pls)

I don't know if the "updated" 75hz non-display port monitors will fare any better in response time and overclocking or not, but I think I am thinking that the PLS monitors are the better option