Project WaterBoxPro

Johnhart96

Introduction

This build was a big upgrade from my last machine "Project Lion". I fancied a bit more power.

This machines was my first custom water cooling build. The last one had a self-contained water cooler.

But this is much better.

CPU

I had an i5 in my own machine but fancied a something faster. I decided to get an i7.

My biggest question was 1150 socket or 2011 socket. The first problem with the 2011 is

the price is more. I use my machine for 2 uses. Gaming and video editing. So I picked the 

i7 4770K (1150).

Ram

I don't rarely care about buying fancy RAM so I kept the 16GB of Corsair Value Select. Maybe one day

I will upgrade it. I do fancy water cooling my RAM. Even know that it is not a crucial (if you pardon the pun).

Motherboard

Humm. This is a sour bit. I was not too worried about the massive specks such as where the PCI slots where

fed from. But I did want things like USB3 and support for loads of RAM. I did get these met but I rearly wanted a board

that supported SLI. I ended up with a Gigabyte H87-HD3. Its a nice board. Looks and technologies. But it was so hard

to build due to the dodgy drivers. I had to find an old PS2 keyboard to install.

PSU

I again carried this over from the last machine. I don't rarely believe in spending much money on a PSU.

as I don't rarely see the point. But considering how bad my last ones where I did want to spend a bit of money here.

I chose the Corsair CX500M its a nice size PSU that is semi-modular and matches the build. You can't go wrong with black right?

Case

Wow, well I wanted it to look nice. Not saying that the last one did not. But I had to keep in mind that the watercooling would require a lot of space.

In the end I went with the Fractal Design Define XL R2. Mainly because it is huge, silent and good looking.

I love this case but it is so big and dose not fit under my bed very well.

Storage

Well this started with my existing dives. A Kingston 60GB SSD and a WD 2TB Green. This is a typical setup using

a bit drive and small SSD. Changed this for a strange drive. I got a Western Digital Black2 Duel Drive. Its a nice

drive but not rarely designed for a desktop. 

Cooling

Well for my first watercooling build I wanted a nice kit. I selected the EK 240MM kit. This is a nice

kit for beginners and still has it full customization

GPU

Started with my old one. GT 640 It is not a bad card. Gaming on it is quite nice due to the coda cores.

I have now upgraded to a water cooled EVGA GTX 750. Due to more demand required and the temps of

my old card at base clock is mad.

WELCOME TO LTT FORUMS!!!

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

WELCOME TO LTT FORUMS!!!

Yes welcome to the sorta humble forums!

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Are you going to upgrade to a better GPU down the road or are you going to keep the 750?

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!