Normal performance for Pentium G3258.

JustJoan

Everyone I asked has suggested this with the r9 270/280 (I forgot  :unsure: ) for a budget build, but they always talked about it being overclocked. I don't want to overclock (first computer I'm building, I don't want to go overboard even if you guys say it's "easy". I'm still new, and I rather not risk it.). So how is the pentium's performance with this card at it's normal pace. Like right out of the box. 

I also see that it's socket is LGA 1150, so in the future if I want to get a better processor, what do you suggest? I'll mainly use the computer for everyday general use (college and internet browsing and such.) and I'll play games. Sometimes I like things running in the background of my games. itunes for instance.

Before I forget, I've heard mmo's and moba's were more cpu intensive than gpu. How will the g3258 perform at it's normal pace? MMO's and MOBA's are my fvorite types of games. Specifically types like Vindictus and Path of Exile.

Edit: For MOBA's it's the usual LoL and Smite.

In MMOs and MOBAs the G3258 will perform about as well as it ever will really. 4790/4690K would be an upgrade from that later on.

If you look at Linus' and others overclocking videos you'll find it really easy

It runs fine at stock speed there is just a huge gain in overclocking it. In the future you could upgrade to a Devil's Canyon processor like a 4690K or upgrade to Broadwell which I'm pretty sure will be LGA 1150.

I looked into broadwell and they said it will be smaller than the haswell chips. Cool though, less power used, but being more efficient/just as good.