Alice's Overkill ChrisRay Memorial Tower of Power LTB (Long Term Build)

AliceSML79

i decided to build a pc in memory of my brother so some parts are overkill.  but it will also meet my extreme multi tasking issues. like the creation of AMV's (Anime Music Videos), Video/Photo/Music Editing, Gaming, and being the Ultimate HTPC DVR Setup.  lets start with a description of who my brother was.

ChrisRay

Chris was a very smart young man.  even from a early age he was taking apart and upgrading computers.  He was well known in the online gaming and tech forums world.  He would go out of his way to help anyone.

Chris stared doing reviews of different graphics cards for online sites.  I guess that's how he was discovered by nVIDIA.  He would test new products and drivers and report back to nVIDIA about any problems.  Chris also ran the nVIDIA website I been told.  Chris was active in lots of tech forums as well quite a few online games like World Of Warcraft & Everquest. 

Part 1: So far i have managed to dismantle the maingear case and pull out the burnt up case fans.  i have also mounted 2 of chris's old DVD burners  other then that just kind of sitting on a table

DSCN0034.JPG

DSCN0035.JPG

DSCN0036.JPG

More updates to come as i get them done.

Till Next Time, Alice

Specs?

id love to list specks but just a case so far.  im wanting to do a x99 system but may be a while before i get there.

i live on a vey fixed budget of $741 a month

ok im gona kill my cat.  i left case open last night becase i fell asleep before i could seal it up. my car got in ther and tore up all the wires and spraded inside.  now i have now case i can use at all so will be a from scratch build thanks to my cat.

ok im gona kill my cat.  i left case open last night becase i fell asleep before i could seal it up. my car got in ther and tore up all the wires and spraded inside.  now i have now case i can use at all so will be a from scratch build thanks to my cat.

This is why doges are superior. 

Also, what happened to the side panel that has ducttape on it? :D

This is why doges are superior. 

Also, what happened to the side panel that has ducttape on it? :D

was to protect led wires that litght up acrylic side panel.  leve it to my cat to rip threw the tape tyo destroy wires.  they also destroyed the entire front io wiring too.

its been storming all night and it scares one my cats so i think thats the reason it got destroyed but was a one off case.

well since my planned build is hhopelessnow heres what im thinking:

Alice's Power HTPC DVR LTB

I'm a Very Techy Girl that enjoys making AMV (Anime Music Videos), Online DJ in Second Life, MP3 Editing, Photo Editing, & Watching TV Recordings.  Below is my new HTPC & DVR Build to do all i like and will keep this Handicapped Girl happy.  It is going to be a LTB (Long Term Build).  I'll get each piece as i can.

1x Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball
1x Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800
1x Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, 1080p Widescreen Video Calling and Recording
1x Pioneer Electronics USA Internal Blu-Ray Writer (BDR-209DBK)
6x Western Digital Red 6 TB NAS Hard Drive 1 to 8-Bay 3.5-inch SATA 6, IntelliPower, 64MB Cache Internal Bare or OEM Drives WD60EFRX
2x HighPoint Internal Mini-SAS to 4SATA(SFF8087 to SATA), 1M (3 feet) Int-MS-1M4S
1x HighPoint RocketRAID 2720SGL 8-Port SAS 6Gb/s PCIe 2.0 x8 RAID HBA (SAS Tape / RAID Support)
1x AVerMedia Game Recorder -C985 Live Gamer HD. Game Capture/ Live Stream HD 1080p
1x Ceton InfiniTV 6 PCIe - 6-channel Internal Cable TV Tuner for CableCARD
1x Silverstone Tek Premium 3.5-Inch Front Bay Card Reader with SDXC and USB 3.0 Support with Extra Silver Front Panel (FP37B)
1x Silverstone Tek Strider Gold S Series 850W ATX12V/EPS12V 80+ Gold Full Modular PSU Power Supply ST85F-GS
1x Silverstone Tek Aluminum body ATX HTPC/Desktop PC Computer Case with 7-Inch Touchscreen, IR and Remote - CW03B-MT (Black)
1x Silverstone Tek CPU Cooler for Intel Socket LGA775/LGA1155​/LGA1156/LGA136​6/LGA2011 and AMD Socket AM2/AM3/FM1/FM​2 Cooling NT01-PRO
6x Noctua NF-R8 PWM 4 pin Cooling Fan

was to protect led wires that litght up acrylic side panel.  leve it to my cat to rip threw the tape tyo destroy wires.  they also destroyed the entire front io wiring too.

its been storming all night and it scares one my cats so i think thats the reason it got destroyed but was a one off case.

well since my planned build is hhopelessnow heres what im thinking:

Alice's Power HTPC DVR LTB

I'm a Very Techy Girl that enjoys making AMV (Anime Music Videos), Online DJ in Second Life, MP3 Editing, Photo Editing, & Watching TV Recordings.  Below is my new HTPC & DVR Build to do all i like and will keep this Handicapped Girl happy.  It is going to be a LTB (Long Term Build).  I'll get each piece as i can.

1x Pioneer Electronics USA Internal Blu-Ray Writer (BDR-209DBK)
6x Western Digital Red 6 TB NAS Hard Drive 1 to 8-Bay 3.5-inch SATA 6, IntelliPower, 64MB Cache Internal Bare or OEM Drives WD60EFRX
2x HighPoint Internal Mini-SAS to 4SATA(SFF8087 to SATA), 1M (3 feet) Int-MS-1M4S
1x HighPoint RocketRAID 2720SGL 8-Port SAS 6Gb/s PCIe 2.0 x8 RAID HBA (SAS Tape / RAID Support)
1x AVerMedia Game Recorder -C985 Live Gamer HD. Game Capture/ Live Stream HD 1080p
1x Silverstone Tek Premium 3.5-Inch Front Bay Card Reader with SDXC and USB 3.0 Support with Extra Silver Front Panel (FP37B)
1x Silverstone Tek Strider Gold S Series 850W ATX12V/EPS12V 80+ Gold Full Modular PSU Power Supply ST85F-GS
1x Silverstone Tek Aluminum body ATX HTPC/Desktop PC Computer Case with 7-Inch Touchscreen, IR and Remote - CW03B-MT (Black)
1x Silverstone Tek CPU Cooler for Intel Socket LGA775/LGA1155​/LGA1156/LGA136​6/LGA2011 and AMD Socket AM2/AM3/FM1/FM​2 Cooling NT01-PRO
6x Noctua NF-R8 PWM 4 pin Cooling Fan

You really need 36TB of space?

You really need 36TB of space?

im downgrading to 4or5x 6tb red drives in a raid 5 so it be a 20tb dvr.  in the last 2 years i have had 4 dvrs fail on me n lost all my shows.  with a raid 5 array i have some redundancy and if cable card dies i lose non my shows.  see im in bed because my disability about 18hrs a day because my pain  so my ps4, ps3, ps2, psx, laptop are my best entertainment right now. i also have hulu plus i use.

plus im over building it so it will be a stable and secure.  plus kind of a memorial pc in memory of my brother

well guess i need to cancel this build. since the case is destroyedd im going a total difrent way.  so not sure y my luck has to be so bad, but i will have to figure out what to do till then

well guess i need to cancel this build. since the case is destroyedd im going a total difrent way.  so not sure y my luck has to be so bad, but i will have to figure out what to do till then

It.....its a sign!

http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/151

$69 USD.

(found the song woot https://www.marmosetmusic.com/singles/10252)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

well i revived the project and fixed my 1 off case by some miracle.  i even possibly saved my optical drives.  took them apart cleaned with rubbing alcohol and put back together.  i manged to patch the broken wires with wires from my old thermaltake armor+ case.  its really nice i saved the case.  so the overkill build is back on.

below is a list parts i'm planing to get this build. i still haven't decided on which nvidia cards i want to dual sli or which mobo to go with.  but i do know what cpu i will use. ;)

1x Intel Core i7-5960X 3.0 GHz Extreme Haswell-E Processor BX80648I75960X
1x Logitech Wireless Headset H800 for PC, Tablets and Smartphones
1x WD Black2 Dual Drive 2.5" 120 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD Kit (WD1001X06XDTL​)
1x LG 16X Blu-ray M-Disc CD DVD BDXL BD Burner Drive with FREE 1pk Mdisc DVD + Cyberlink 3D Playback Burning Software + Cables & Mount​ing Screws WH16NS40
3x Silverstone Tek 90 Degree SATA III Cable with Non-Scratch Locking Mechanism (CP08)
6x Silverstone Tek 180 Degree SATA III Cable with Non-Scratch Locking Mechanism (CP07)
6x Silverstone Tek Hot-swap SAS/SATA 6G Connector (CP05-SAS)
2x Silverstone Tek Air Penetrator 180 X 180 X 32mm / 500rpm ~ 2000rpm Air Channeling Cooling Case Fan AP182, White
1x Silverstone Tek All-In-One Liquid Cooler TD03
1x Mushkin Enhanced MKNSSDBRKT2535 3.5-Inch to 2.5-Inch Drive Adapter Bracket
1x Corel PaintShop Pro X7 Ultimate
1x Corel VideoStudio Ultimate X7
1x Corel WinDVD Pro 11
1x WinZip 18 Pro
1x Kaspersky PURE 3.0 3 User
1x Learn Japanese: Rosetta Stone Japanese - Level 1-3 Set
1x Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro - Full Version