Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce Oc

Is this card good enough for some battlefield series and such? Will it be longlasting? Or will I have problems running those tipe of games a year from now? Should I wait for the 800 series?

Thanks in advance.

Doubt it will be long lasting as it only has 2GB of VRAM. The R9 280X, the 800-series and the R9 290 would be much better choices.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Then if I buy the 4gb version will it be just fine? I mean the price to performance of the 780 is just bad IMO, and It will be a long time since the 800 series. AMD gpu are not my thing so that's out of question. I mean nvidia has shadowplay which for me just makes their cards so much better than amd. (Please don't start a discussion between Nvidia and AMD)

Then if I buy the 4gb version will it be just fine? I mean the price to performance of the 780 is just bad IMO, and It will be a long time since the 800 series. AMD gpu are not my thing so that's out of question. I mean nvidia has shadowplay which for me just makes their cards so much better than amd. (Please don't start a discussion between Nvidia and AMD)

AMD has their equivalent of shadowplay so that argument is rather useless now. The R9 290 > is a much more solid choice but if you are adamant on having Nvidia then wait for the 800 series. The 4GB GTX 770 is just not worth it

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

What resolution are you playing at?

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

I have a Asus GTX 770 DCU II OC 2 GB and it runs BF3 1080p Ultra 2xMSAA + FXAA at 80-100 FPS.

BF4 is something else though. The 800/900 series are coming out soon, you might as well wait half a month for it. 

I have a Asus GTX 770 DCU II OC 2 GB and it runs BF3 1080p Ultra 2xMSAA + FXAA at 80-100 FPS.

BF4 is something else though. The 800/900 series are coming out soon, you might as well wait half a month for it. 

I'm afraid it will be expensive :C

1080p

a 770 will be fine then, 2gb is enough for 1080p and you will be able to run BF4 @ultra 60+fps.  The 770 will start to get out of date in about 3 years imo.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

AMD has their equivalent of shadowplay so that argument is rather useless now. The R9 290 > is a much more solid choice but if you are adamant on having Nvidia then wait for the 800 series. The 4GB GTX 770 is just not worth it

I've found Nvidia's software a bit easier to use compared to the AMD equivalent but that could just be me.

I just really like Nvidia. And I hate hate 780(non ti) with a passion, I would love it if it was less expensive. The r9 290 Seems a really good thing but the fact that I have to use mantle, and then some games don't run it. Meh I'm not hating on AMD but the it is just not there yet. I would buy a 800 series card but will it be expensive?

I just really like Nvidia. And I hate hate 780(non ti) with a passion, I would love it if it was less expensive. The r9 290 Seems a really good thing but the fact that I have to use mantle, and then some games don't run it. Meh I'm not hating on AMD but the it is just not there yet. I would buy a 800 series card but will it be expensive?

No one knows just yet :\ Rumors are that it will be cheaper than the 700 series but that seems like it wouldn't make much sense. You don't really "have" to use mantle, AMD cards still perform admirably with DX11.

No one knows just yet :\ Rumors are that it will be cheaper than the 700 series but that seems like it wouldn't make much sense. You don't really "have" to use mantle, AMD cards still perform admirably with DX11.

Well I know I don't have to use it but you get a really big preformace boost. Amd and DX11 don't seem to love eachother.

Even with 2 GB of VRAM you will be fine for a while if you don't use AA/MSAA. AA and MSAA make the VRAM usage shoot up. But if you want better future proofing then R9 280X or R9 290 are some good options.

VRAM usage comparision with and without AA:

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test

Source: http://gamegpu.ru/action-/-fps-/-tps/battlefield-4-test-gpu.html

a 770 will be fine then, 2gb is enough for 1080p and you will be able to run BF4 @ultra 60+fps.  The 770 will start to get out of date in about 3 years imo.

BF4 @ Ultra 60+ FPS is possible only with AA/MSAA off.

Well I know I don't have to use it but you get a really big preformace boost. Amd and DX11 don't seem to love eachother.

Well APU's get a huge performance boost, the boost for something like an R9 290 is pretty negligible. DX11 doesn't really love Nvidia either, it really depends on the dev to optimize it. OpenGL is basically the Mantle for Nvidia cards DX11 is the neutral party.

I own a Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 4GB. It handles everything I play "beautifully" enough for me. BF4 I don't go for the looks, rather, I go for the KDR, so I guess I play at Medium-High @ 60 FPS with drops to 50 every now and never.

The three fans are not loud, I can only hear my PSU/Case fans, never the video card fans. Also, even though I don't check every minute, the GPU has never reached 70ºC, so I really have no complaints.

When I bought it, it was 450$ and you can't even imagine how much was the 780/780Ti. Next year, when this same video card is about to be discontinued(or not) and it's at about 200~250$ I will buy another one, have an SLI and be able to play "next gen" games at a high quality in 1440p for a couple of years and in 1080p for I guess 4~5 years.

When money is not a problem, sure, get the best option - hell, even go SLI/CF.

In real life, I never get the top GPU, I always try to get the 2nd/3rd and do a SLI when it gets cheaper.

I had a 5 year SLI until August 2013 when I got the said GTX 770 and I could play everything I wanted - not on Ultra - but I could play; and spent money in booze and ladies for those 5 years :)

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

Even with 2 GB of VRAM you will be fine for a while if you don't use AA/MSAA. AA and MSAA make the VRAM usage shoot up. But if you want better future proofing then R9 280X or R9 290 are some good options.

VRAM usage comparision with and without AA:

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test

Source: http://gamegpu.ru/action-/-fps-/-tps/battlefield-4-test-gpu.html

BF4 @ Ultra 60+ FPS is possible only with AA/MSAA off.

I think he'll be able to run it with AA, because my 660ti can and my freind with a 680 (which performs similarly to the 770)

You don't have to use Mantle, but if you do you'll notice much steadier (and better) framerates in battlefield. If that's the main game you want to play then it's really hard to recommend you buy an Nvidia card instead. Mantle isn't forced upon you, but it's not something to moan about...

You don't have to use Mantle, but if you do you'll notice much steadier (and better) framerates in battlefield. If that's the main game you want to play then it's really hard to recommend you buy an Nvidia card instead. Mantle isn't forced upon you, but it's not something to moan about...

In fact, and pelase don't kill me for saying this, My main game will be Counter Strike: GO but I really want to be able to play Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4 and Battlefield hardline smoothly too. And games such as GTA V. Yes GTA V I really need to run that one smoothly!

In fact, and pelase don't kill me for saying this, My main game will be Counter Strike: GO but I really want to be able to play Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4 and Battlefield hardline smoothly too. And games such as GTA V. Yes GTA V I really need to run that one smoothly!

GTA V supposedly will support Mantle too. It was included in a leaked list of upcoming games with support for the API.

GTA V supposedly will support Mantle too. It was included in a leaked list of upcoming games with support for the API.

I have another question, Will it run fine on a gtx 770?

I have another question, Will it run fine on a gtx 770?

It'll run fine presumably on a 770, or a 760, or a wide range of other cards. But you ought to seek the best performance within your budget, not merely adequate performance.