General facts about pc's and how they work

nanowatt

You need at least 64Gb of DDR4 and X99 for Minesweeper at 6 fps.

You would need to click on minesweeper at 60 clicks/second to get 60fps on minesweeper, since the game only updates the screen when you click on something.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

I have never used all of my 8GB of RAM, even when rendering videos, the point is is that 4GB is not obsolete now. It may somehow be in the future but it is perfectly fine for gaming. I know plenty of people who use 4GB of RAM, with many programs open in the background and have no issues. You aren't limiting yourself with 4GB besides, if you ever really needed an upgrade you can always add another stick. Your issues sound like a memory problem more than anything. Also just tell your friends to download Razer Comms, there isn't a reason why they can't or why they have to use Skype.

I'm just saying that Skype is a lot more convenient, I have Razer Comms and very few people I know use it, and most would not be willing to switch. Also I use Skype to talk to people other than my gaming buddies and there's no way I would convince them to download a 'gaming' orientated program, despite any benefits, simply because they're comfortable with it. Also, typing this, I just checked, with just Chrome and Skype (and some very minor side programs) open, I am using 3.93 GB, so yes I would definitely be limiting my self with only 4GB.

I'd be annoyed by 4gb so fast, I definitely wouldn't want just 4gb. I often use more than 4gb of RAM, or so win8 tells me.

I'm just saying that Skype is a lot more convenient, I have Razer Comms and very few people I know use it, and most would not be willing to switch. Also I use Skype to talk to people other than my gaming buddies and there's no way I would convince them to download a 'gaming' orientated program, despite any benefits, simply because they're comfortable with it. Also, typing this, I just checked, with just Chrome and Skype (and some very minor side programs) open, I am using 3.93 GB, so yes I would definitely be limiting my self with only 4GB.

Hmmm I'm using 1GB, I have tons of things running, Afterburner, Steam, Origin, SpeedFan, Razer Comms, GeForce Experience, SteelSeries Engine 3, blah blah blah. It also goes down after launching a game due to Windows pulling back it's RAM usage. Definitely sounds like you have an issue with your RAM being over-utilized.

EDIT: Here's my RAM usage with all of the aforementioned stuff plus CS:GO open and running, it also didn't change when I used photoshop to paste the screenshot.

post-56178-0-93906200-1409710199_thumb.j

Do you have to be such dicks?I created this to maybe help so people i don't need your useless sarcasm

They both had GREAT points if you would read/quote past the first 3 words. This thread is the blind leading the blind, everyone tripping over everyone else's "FACTS".

13" Macbook Pro i7 (I7-3520M) | 16gb RAM | 128gb Sandisk SSD

Current build------------------------------Future build↓ 
Intel Core i7-4790K 3.5GHz Quad-Core | G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 | MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 | 128gb Sandisk SSD | Corsair H90 94.0 CFM Liquid

Hmmm I'm using 1GB, I have tons of things running, Afterburner, Steam, Origin, SpeedFan, Razer Comms, GeForce Experience, SteelSeries Engine 3, blah blah blah. It also goes down after launching a game due to Windows pulling back it's RAM usage. Definitely sounds like you have an issue with your RAM being over-utilized.

EDIT: Here's my RAM usage with all of the aforementioned stuff plus CS:GO open and running, it also didn't change when I used photoshop to paste the screenshot.

Hmm, did I mention I was using chrome, and no just because its a resource hog doesn't mean I'm going to switch. Why would i switch to an inferior product when my computer can easily handle the load. Chrome does account for the majority of my RAM usage however. Also CSGO isn't really all that demanding honestly, if Windows didn't require 4GB you could probably get away with just 2.

Hmm, did I mention I was using chrome, and no just because its a resource hog doesn't mean I'm going to switch. Why would i switch to an inferior product when my computer can easily handle the load. Chrome does account for the majority of my RAM usage however. Also CSGO isn't really all that demanding honestly, if Windows didn't require 4GB you could probably get away with just 2.

I have 2 Chrome windows open in the screen capture, one that I was watching YouTube videos on (moved to my second monitor) the other was the forum. CS:GO isn't a demanding game in processing and Graphical Power but again RAM is data files stored temporarily to be accessed by the CPU. CS:GO takes about 2.5GB of RAM, Windows also dials back RAM usage whenever you do something else that requires much more attention, by default Windows can use up to 50% of the memory you have, it can also only use 500Mb.

Cool stories brosssss.

If you want to use 4gb of ram, that's nice. I'll stick with 8.

back on subject: if you put 40 fans on an H100, you get temps in the negatives. TTL did it, so can you!

if you use noctuas, you might knock off 10 degrees on top of that.

Way to ruin the joke. xD

Still pretty much impossible to get 60fps on minesweeper :P