Which fan is suitable for Overclocking an Intel Core i5 4690K ?

I'm currently in the process of buying parts for a new gaming rig I'm going to build myself. Although I'm not sure about fans and temperatures and would like some help from you guys on selecting a CPU fan.

( ARCTIC Freezer 13 Limited Edition )

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00449S3VQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AUBM4K0YLFI9J

This is a link to the fan that I'm currently looking at to buy but I'm not sure if it will keep an Intel core i5 4690k over-clocked cooled enough. Advice on if this is all I need, or maybe advice on buying another fan.

Thanks in advance, Jake

Budget: Hyper 212 EVO

High performance air: Noctua NH-D15

High performance AIO liquid: Corsair H105 w/ 2xSP120

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

I'm currently in the process of buying parts for a new gaming rig I'm going to build myself. Although I'm not sure about fans and temperatures and would like some help from you guys on selecting a CPU fan.

( ARCTIC Freezer 13 Limited Edition )

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00449S3VQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AUBM4K0YLFI9J

This is a link to the fan that I'm currently looking at to buy but I'm not sure if it will keep an Intel core i5 4690k over-clocked cooled enough. Advice on if this is all I need, or maybe advice on buying another fan.

Thanks in advance, Jake

How much do you want to overclock? what is your budget?

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Budget: Hyper 212 EVO

High performance air: Noctua NH-D15

High performance AIO liquid: Corsair H105 w/ 2xSP120

SP120s are meh, the Static Pressue is not that good due to the round housings and the performance is generally underwhelming.

There are plenty of better choices, such as Gentle Typhoons, Rosewill Hyperboreas and Noctua NF-F12s.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

SP120s are meh, the Static Pressue is not that good due to the round housings and the performance is generally underwhelming.

There are plenty of better choices, such as Gentle Typhoons, Rosewill Hyperboreas and Noctua NF-F12s.

The Gentle Typhoons that people usually put on their radiators are generally the low speed variants (around 1850rpm) they have a static pressure of 2.05mmH20, the Rosewill Hyperboreas have a static pressure of 2.64mmH20, and lastly the Noctua NF-F12s have a static pressure of 2.61mmH2O.

None of those fans will provide a large enough improvement over the stock fans to actually make it worth while to change. If you want to talk about underwhelming, those are underwhelming stats for suggesting high static pressure fans.

In contrast, my Delta FFB1212EH's have a static pressure of 12.50mmH20 each. Although they might be loud for some there are other fans that provide better static pressure that aren't nearly as loud; like the bgears b-Blaster 120 which provides a static pressure of 3.00mmH20

In contrast, my Delta FFB1212EH's have a static pressure of 12.50mmH20 each. Although they might be loud for some there are other fans that provide better static pressure that aren't nearly as loud; like the bgears b-Blaster 120 which provides a static pressure of 3.00mmH20

Daaaamn  Those Delta Fans, At $30 a pop though...  I had no idea mm/H20 went that high.  The highest I have ever seen before the Deltas is 3.9mm of the Cooler Master Blade Masters for $11 each.

The looks of the SP fans are great, they are easily recognizable, and almost iconic at this point because of their popularity, but as you said, they underwhelm in terms of performance.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Daaaamn  Those Delta Fans, At $30 a pop though...  I had no idea mm/H20 went that high.  The highest I have ever seen before the Deltas is 3.9mm of the Cooler Master Blade Masters for $11 each.

The looks of the SP fans are great, they are easily recognizable, and almost iconic at this point because of their popularity, but as you said, they underwhelm in terms of performance.

Yeah, I've always ran Delta fans since I started building computers. I used to have 4 of them in Push/Pull when I ran my overclock @ 4.9GHz. My wife hated it and complained about the noise so I took two of them out and lowered my overclock significantly. Now she doesn't complain anymore except when I'm gaming and turn the fans up. Even then I only have them turned up 3/4 of the way.  :lol: But it doesn't help that the exhaust fan is a Delta and the side-intake fans are two High-Speed 3000rpm Scythe Ultra-Kaze. 

Those Cooler Master Blade Master's are nice too, 3.9mmH20 @ only 32dBa. Good find. 

Yeah, I've always ran Delta fans since I started building computers. I used to have 4 of them in Push/Pull when I ran my overclock @ 4.9GHz. My wife hated it and complained about the noise so I took two of them out and lowered my overclock significantly. Now she doesn't complain anymore except when I'm gaming and turn the fans up. Even then I only have them turned up 3/4 of the way.  :lol: But it doesn't help that the exhaust fan is a Delta and the side-intake fans are two High-Speed 3000rpm Scythe Ultra-Kaze. 

Those Cooler Master Blade Master's are nice too, 3.9mmH20 @ only 32dBa. Good find. 

Ehh. they are more loud than 32dba.  When at full speed(2350rpm) you can hear them in the next room.  I use two of them on my Cooler Master Seidon 240M and the performance is incredible.  Even at 1200rpm which is very quiet, my CPU never exceeds 50C, that is with a 4.7Ghz/1.275v OC during 3 hours of BF4.

I'm actually looking at those Deltas and Scythes right now.  I am thinking of replacing the stock 120mm Fan that comes included with my Kraken X31.  A measly 2.2mm/H20.  I just found the Blase Masters for $9 ea. on Amazon.  I might just end up buying two of those for the X31.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Meh that static pressure rating & CFM is just totally BS, the gap between the blades on delta fans is just too big. http://martinsliquidlab.org/2013/02/18/why-static-pressure-max-flow-specs-are-poor-measures-of-fan-performance/

The only fans that are acceptable at 2400 RPM are Gentle typhoons, even at low speeds theyre a king. You do have 4000/5400 rpm's of GT's in black, theyre much better than delta's.

Ehh. they are more loud than 32dba.  When at full speed(2350rpm) you can hear them in the next room.  I use two of them on my Cooler Master Seidon 240M and the performance is incredible.  Even at 1200rpm which is very quiet, my CPU never exceeds 50C, that is with a 4.7Ghz/1.275v OC during 3 hours of BF4.

I'm actually looking at those Deltas and Scythes right now.  I am thinking of replacing the stock 120mm Fan that comes included with my Kraken X31.  A measly 2.2mm/H20.  I just found the Blase Masters for $9 ea. on Amazon.  I might just end up buying two of those for the X31.

I still imagine they are quieter than my Delta's rated @ 56dBa when at full speed (I cant imagine even @ 2350rpm they are louder than 40dBa). But the FFB1212EH don't create a whiny sound like some fans at high speed. They are more like a big "whoosh" like a consistent ocean wave. With my Delta's my Temps don't go over 55C in Prime95 or Linpack LinX or AIDA64 or OCCT. So at full load I'm still in the 50's. So I imagine gaming is much lower than that. I never really bothered to look because the temps are so low during stress testing. CPU idles at 23C with fans at half speed. Which is usually where I keep them at when I'm browsing.

If you don't want 38mm fans the FFB1212EH definitely deliver performance. Just make sure you have a fan controller because you can't run them at full speed all the time. If you do decide to go with 38mm Delta's you will need to get longer screws at Lowes or Home Depot to mount them to your radiator. I ran Delta AFC1212DE on my H100 also in Push/Pull and they were really nice too. Delivered similar performance as my FFB1212EH  (maybe a few degrees lower) but were a bit louder because they had a different sound to them (combination of whoosh, and whiny) which is why I replaced them. I just run one AFC1212DE as exhaust now.

Running Delta fans isn't for the faint of heart, if you don't wear headphones the majority of the time they might bother you. So the Blade Masters might be a good alternative.

Meh that static pressure rating & CFM is just totally BS, the gap between the blades on delta fans is just too big. http://martinsliquidlab.org/2013/02/18/why-static-pressure-max-flow-specs-are-poor-measures-of-fan-performance/

The only fans that are acceptable at 2400 RPM are Gentle typhoons, even at low speeds theyre a king. You do have 4000/5400 rpm's of GT's in black, theyre much better than delta's.

Interesting.. I still love my Cougar V's as case fans though.

Running Delta fans isn't for the faint of heart, if you don't wear headphones the majority of the time they might bother you. So the Blade Masters might be a good alternative.

I just like the price of the Blade Masters.  I have a hard time stomaching anything more than $10 per fan, otherwise I would have a case full of the Corsair SP Fans because  I love the way they look.

By chance do you know of any good quality 120mm "slim" static pressure fans?  I've come across from Scythe Slim 120mms, but the reviews are mixed, and no good reading on SP.