Will this tower cooler fit in uatx motherboard?

Serfrank
I've got an Asrock z77 Pro4-m, and I intend to upgrade my noisy stock cooler (not really stock, but close) with a Scythe Mugen 4. My fear is that it might collide with the video card's PCB.

I need to cool an i7 2600 with something that doesn't sound like a hair dryer, this is why I chose the Mugen 4.

I would take pictures, but my old-ass nokia doesn't have a camera.

Z77%20Pro4-M%28m%29.jpg

Imagine a Palit 750 Ti StormX in the PCI-E 3.0 slot.

MugenFour_Dimensions.jpg

Mugen 4 is 130mm wide. Do you guys think it would fit if I put it horizontally? (not that I know if it's also possible to mount it vertically)

@Serfrank What computer case will you be using? I'd say if you mount it horizontally on the socket then the only thing that'l be an issue is whether you have low profile ram to fit underneath the tower. If it's mounted vertically you'll need to place the first gpu in the second physical 16x slot. Don't forget that you'll need to put your ram into the 2nd & 4th  dimm slots for better compatiblility

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

I have a Corsair 200r, spec page says it fits coolers up to 160mm. And I have low profile 4x2 GB of Hynix RAM. So I'm good?

I have a Corsair 200r, spec page says it fits coolers up to 160mm. And I have low profile 4x2 GB of Hynix RAM. So I'm good?

Your cooler should fit fine in the 200R.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Your cooler should fit fine in the 200R.

I know, this wasn't my fear! My fear is that the cooler might touch the video card PCB as I said above, given that the motherboard is quite small. I just wanna know if it'll fit fine or I'll need to move the GPU out of the way.

If your GPU has thick backplate, that will be tigh. As seen in this http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/617nv9v1ivL.jpg cooler is about same width as ram slots. Which makes it fitting with non-backplate GPUs.

Well, the 750 Ti has no backplate on the PCB and it's one of the smallest modern GPUs, so I think I'll be fine. Thanks a ton for the help.

Well, the 750 Ti has no backplate on the PCB and it's one of the smallest modern GPUs, so I think I'll be fine. Thanks a ton for the help.

Np. If there's chance that part of heatsink or something like fan clips hit GPU, add piece of paper or plastic between them to prevent any shorting.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv