connection drops when my computer is turned on

Jester196

Hey guys, I'm having an issue with my router. It's a super hub 2 from virgin media and I am on a 30 mb/s package.

When my pc is turned off and I do the ookla speed test on my phone, I get 13ms ping and constant 30mb/s download speed. But when my pc is turned on my ping shoots up and I get around 2mb/s download speed.

Has anyone experienced this before and if so do you have any idea what's going on and how to fix it.

Thanks.

ASUS RTX 2080 Super ROG STRIX | AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT | ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F Gaming | Corsair Vengeance PRO RBG 16GB 3600MHz | NZXT Kraken X73 | Lian-Li PC-011 Dynamic | x9 CoolerMaster MF120 Halo

yea i had this for about 6 months , i just bought a asus router and used the virgin super hub as a modem and it solved my issues :D , its a bad excuse for a "super hub"

CPU 5900x| GPU 3080ti FE| MOBO MSI MPG CARBON MAX| RAM 32GB VENGENCE PRO 3200Mhz| STORAGE Samsung 980 Pro 1TB,2X WDSN750,4TB Seagate Barracuda| COOLING 1x Corsair 360mm XR7 54mm Radiator,1x EK-CoolStream PE 360mm Radiator| GPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XG7 RGB| CPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XC5 RGB| Fittings: EK-Torque STC & Corsair Hydro X Series XF| Pump/Res: EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5| Tubing: Corsair Hydro X Series XT Softline| Liquid: Corsair Hydro X Series XL5 Clear| Fans: 10x Corsair SP120 RGB

Also i had some static on my line so i just rang them up and they confirmed it and sent an engineer out to fit a better signal booster connecting to the wall, do you have fiber to your door or to an exchange with copper to your door? 

CPU 5900x| GPU 3080ti FE| MOBO MSI MPG CARBON MAX| RAM 32GB VENGENCE PRO 3200Mhz| STORAGE Samsung 980 Pro 1TB,2X WDSN750,4TB Seagate Barracuda| COOLING 1x Corsair 360mm XR7 54mm Radiator,1x EK-CoolStream PE 360mm Radiator| GPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XG7 RGB| CPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XC5 RGB| Fittings: EK-Torque STC & Corsair Hydro X Series XF| Pump/Res: EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5| Tubing: Corsair Hydro X Series XT Softline| Liquid: Corsair Hydro X Series XL5 Clear| Fans: 10x Corsair SP120 RGB

Also i had some static on my line so i just rang them up and they confirmed it and sent an engineer out to fit a better signal booster connecting to the wall, do you have fiber to your door or to an exchange with copper to your door?

Not sure but I had an engineer out earlier today and he replace the router and every thing was fine, but then he left and this problem started.

ASUS RTX 2080 Super ROG STRIX | AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT | ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F Gaming | Corsair Vengeance PRO RBG 16GB 3600MHz | NZXT Kraken X73 | Lian-Li PC-011 Dynamic | x9 CoolerMaster MF120 Halo

Not sure but I had an engineer out earlier today and he replace the router and every thing was fine, but then he left and this problem started.

did he do his job and test for static on the line? , did you see him go outside and put like a multimeter thingy on the line ? 

Have you checked your pc for viruses? Seems trivial, but if you have viruses bad enough they will run in the background, go online and download other viruses without you knowing. Some could even be using your computer as power for hacking or ddosing. This probably isn't the issue with you, but it wouldn't hurt to run some scans. Use malware bytes, microsoft security essentials and see if you get anything.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor