best small mirrorless camera

I want to know what is the best small camera that fits in my poket with the lens removed and lenses can still be changed.

At least 8mp (more is better) and can take good low light pictures.

Buget of $1000 (less is better)

Has to have a long battery life

More megapixels is not necessarily better. That being said I think the Fujifilm X-T1 fits your bill.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

More megapixels is not necessarily better. That being said I think the Fujifilm X-T1 fits your bill.

Dose it have long battery life and is it easy to use?

Dose it have long battery life and is it easy to use?

It has great battery life. Though it being very expensive it should be only considered if you're very serious about photography.

Otherwise it's cheaper and easier to start off with a point and shoot.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

It has great battery life. Though it being very expensive it should be only considered if you're very serious about photography.

Otherwise it's cheaper and easier to start off with a point and shoot.

Thats more than a $1000

Thats more than a $1000

I know. That's why I said you should seriously consider how invested in photography you are currently, whether you'd like to invest more, and overall whether you're serious about photography.

The Sony RX100 is also good, and much cheaper. Though not mirror less. The best mirror less under ~$1000 is the Sony NEX-5T.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I have the Sony NEX-6. Battery life is okay... it's a bit older model,but still great. the current model is the sony a6000 which has some rave reviews. comes under 1k

Any thing smaller? i dont need pro gear.

For a small and affordable camera the Sony RX100 would fit the bill damn well. Even though it's not a MILC, it's a great camera for the price and size. You could compare it to something like Canon 600D and the RX100 would still fare well against it.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Sony RX100 Mk.3 hands down.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

I shall have to post an obligatory review video of the Sony RX100 MKIII below as it is one of the BEST small pocketable high-end cameras on the market today.

One of the MKIII's strongpoints is its' ability to take low-light photography very well, and record high-quality videos when compared to other cameras in its' class.

Well OK, this is an older review of the previous model, but it gives you an idea.

The Fuji X100S is the next competitor when it comes to the sub-$1000 field of cameras.

Sorry that neither of these are MILC's technically speaking, but when comparing the image quality is what matters, I don't think one has to have an MILC to enjoy a decent photography experience.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

• 2 weeks later...

Tho even with a new XT-1 and price drop on the origional it will still cost a bit over $1000, but X-T1 is such a good camera

you can try the new X100T which will come out like now, Or save some money and get the X-M1, the cheaper yet really decent brother/sister to the X-T1