GTX 780 Ti compare?

Migit

Does the performance of a GTX 780Ti differentiate greatly between all the different builds?

I'm looking at getting one, when I build my first gaming PC (hopefully soon)

I was looking at EVGA for a GTX 780Ti and have realized they make 9 versions of the card, with a price range of $750-$1050.

Is there really that much difference between them?

Then I also stumbled across the
ASUS ROG Matrix GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB - MATRIX-GTX780TI-P-3GD5

And thought maybe I should get that instead, it is a bit expensive ($970) but it looks pretty awesome, and the YouTube videos and its website make it out to be a good card.

And my motherboard is going to be the Asus Maximus VII Hero, so it will match it nicely.

Getting really excited about buying parts and building a PC, I think settling on a GPU is my last decision?

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz | MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Hero | RAM: G.Skill Trident 16GB DDR3-2400 | Graphics: EVGA GTX980 Superclocked

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Black 2TB / WD Green 4TB | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

the only differences are usually temps, noise and overclocking potential. that card iis overclocked so you should see about 5-10% better performance than a regular 780ti

I wouldn't go with that card unless you plan on some heavy overclocks. otherwise I'd go with a EVGA ACX 780ti since EVGA has much better warranty and customer service in case anything goes wrong.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Quick guide to all the cards

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-ti-custom-card-roundup

There is not THAT much difference between performance, a few frames maybe, they differ in cooling and OC potential as well as sound

If you just want to slap one in and get on with it, just grab the cheapest model with a good cooler and be happy, thats why I grabbed the MSI Twin Frozr

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

There is NO big difference, but the cooling and freq.

"I am like ninja, but less gay" - Deadpool

The difference in performance comes from the clock speed. Some of those 780 Tis are overclocked and if they have a good enough cooler on them they will not scale down their frequency when under load. So the performance of most partner cards is little better than the reference cards because of better cooling.

Quick guide to all the cards

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-ti-custom-card-roundup

There is not THAT much difference between performance, a few frames maybe, they differ in cooling and OC potential as well as sound

If you just want to slap one in and get on with it, just grab the cheapest model with a good cooler and be happy, thats why I grabbed the MSI Twin Frozr

Thanks for that link. I'll give it a proper read when I have the time.

Only thing is it doesn't include the ROG cards. But that's okay.

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz | MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Hero | RAM: G.Skill Trident 16GB DDR3-2400 | Graphics: EVGA GTX980 Superclocked

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Black 2TB / WD Green 4TB | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe