Resetting sleep cycle for school (help)

Vacsol

I'm currently staying awake until 5am and waking up at 1pm. School starts on Thursday and I need to fix my sleep schedule so I can wake up before 7 and fall asleep at 11.

What are you guys doing to sleep properly once the school year starts over?

Right now I'm trying the all-nighter method where you stay awake for a full 24 hour cycle, then wait until your desired time to go to sleep

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Well I don't have school...but if I need to change mine in a hurry I usually just stay up all morning, day, and night until the next night at 11 and just crash and force myself up at the time I need to get use to.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

You just stay up and than crash the next day. or set an alarm for that time and your brain will know you have to wake up at that time and won't think it can make up the time in the morning.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Always to fix a wonky sleep schedule just stay up for a very long time, until your head hurts and you can't properly see what your typing on your laptop. Then just go to your bed and sleep, sleep like the sweet prince you are.

So I can put anything here?

Just stay up for a day and go to sleep early.  And do things to help you go to sleep faster eg: Have a shower before bed, have a nice cup of tea, etc. 

i just turn off the lights and  go to sleep. School's in two days and im not even bothering to correct my cycle

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

@Vacsol

Take a melatonin before bed; or as others suggested, pull an all nighter then hit the sack at a respectable hour (7-9pm). If you can stay up past 1pm, the rest is smooth sailing.

Good luck.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Start by sleeping at your usual time, then the day after go to bed an hour/1.5 hrs before and wake up an hour earlier. Keep doing this every day until you get to the time you should wake up. Usually I tell people to do this over a week or two in 10-15 minutes chunks, but you've left it a bit late... And that's not going to get you awake for 8-9am.

How can you sleep during the morning anyway? I would find that quite horrible. I set my sleep schedule to sunrise and sunset. I don't have lights on at all in my house, and I let the natural light make me sleepy/awake. It's a great way to get to sleep naturally. Sleeping during the day is really going to screw that up.

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

Does Cyanide work?

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Does Cyanide work?

I'll try that.

Thanks guys!

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

Does Cyanide work?

filepicker-sUCZIgDHQTKreXrg0RxL_ain-t-no

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Start by sleeping at your usual time, then the day after go to bed an hour/1.5 hrs before and wake up an hour earlier. Keep doing this every day until you get to the time you should wake up. Usually I tell people to do this over a week or two in 10-15 minutes chunks, but you've left it a bit late... And that's not going to get you awake for 8-9am.

How can you sleep during the morning anyway? I would find that quite horrible. I set my sleep schedule to sunrise and sunset. I don't have lights on at all in my house, and I let the natural light make me sleepy/awake. It's a great way to get to sleep naturally. Sleeping during the day is really going to screw that up.

Well some people have night shifts you know and have to sleep during the day like my fiance does. Personally I find your statement a little more then ignorant on your behalf. I work day she works nights I sleep at night she sleeps during days. Must be nice night to not have to run lights wish I could do that. I really do (not to sound insulting but I really wish I could) I can't turn down the heat or ac when I'm out either cause one of us is always at the house.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

Well some people have night shifts you know and have to sleep during the day like my fiance does. Personally I find your statement a little more then ignorant on your behalf. I work day she works nights I sleep at night she sleeps during days.

this too.

I had to work evening/night shifts all summer, but now I'm going back to school so I'll only be working evenings.

this too.

I had to work evening/night shifts all summer, but now I'm going back to school so I'll only be working evenings.

That is possibly the hardest shift in my book. The overnight shift.

That is possibly the hardest shift in my book. The overnight shift.

the hardest part about night shifts is pretending to look busy since the owner occasionally checks the cameras and will get mad if we look lazy.

also having to make new pots of coffee every 20 mins gets annoying after 8 hours.

Right now I'm trying the all-nighter method where you stay awake for a full 24 hour cycle, then wait until your desired time to go to sleep

This has worked for me over the years.

So after attempting the 24-then-crash approach, I'm stuck being unable to sleep.

I've been awake for 40 hours and I don't feel tired for some reason. Although I'm noticing more typos and I'm typing slower than usual.

So after attempting the 24-then-crash approach, I'm stuck being unable to sleep.

I've been awake for 40 hours and I don't feel tired for some reason. Although I'm noticing more typos and I'm typing slower than usual.

Sleep. Now. Get some rest before you crash somewhere else like oh, I don't know, the middle of the street.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |