Direct X Error "Battlefield 4 + Other Games. HAS DESTROYED MY GAMING

Direct X function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG ("The device is hung which is typically caused by issues in the graphics driver or alternatively the application"). GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 To ", Driver: 34052

Hi guys this is the error. it doesnt matter how hard I research the fix to this problem either doesn't work or its just more people with Nvidia cards with the same problem. 
This error appears randomly after about an hour of gameplay particularly when playing Battlefield but also Bioshock Infinite and various other games.
This freezes the game, and the computer, and restarting the game results in the error displaying instantly.The only way to restart the game is to restart the whole machine, lose all your game data for that match and then have it happen again 30 minutes into the next match.
All my drivers for EVERYTHING are updated DAILY and after reupdating no change so please no "fuck off and install your drivers" or "its battlefield deal with the $140 pile of coded trash" comments. 

Please please help. It could be battlefield being the shoddiest and least well made game post 2000 but that doesnt explain why it happens with other, better made games. 
This has destroyed the point of my brand new $4500AUD build and I'm completely uninterested in using the machine if if a 900 dollar graphics card fails every 30 minutes without saving. 
Direct X has no website for support, neither does battlefield forums or this or any other forum have any real answers.

Thanks guys. halp. pls.

In Win D-Frame ATX Chassis(Custom White). Intel i5 4670K 3.4Ghz. ASUS Z97 Pro Wifi/AC. EVGA 780ti Superclocked ACX 3GB. Corsair Dominator Platinum 1600mhz 8GB x2. Intel 530 240GB SSD x2. Corsair H100i. Corsair RM650 Modular. Corsair SP120 x7. Noctua RF-8 x2

Not sure, there may be an easy fix, but for now, contact your cards customer support.

Fuck off and install your drivers.

That works too

Diamond 5 in League :)

try system restore to a point before the crash

(seriously... try older drivers tho)

this would work too

(seriously... try older drivers tho)

this^

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Older drivers will fix your problem. If the one you try doesn't work, then try the one before that one.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Is your graphics card overclocked? Try running stock if it/they are. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Hey guys, unfortunately this problem started with the FIRST drivers for the card when I bought it.. so it has been a problem from day one but it has gradually worsened. I have removed the OC from the card, but this hasn't fixed it so I removed all overclocks all together and still no dice. Will try clocking the screen back to 60mhz  today and see , but the problem began before clocking so not sure. 
After running battlefield with all monitoring programs closed i'm sure its not Precision X or Afterburner monitoring that's causing the issue.

I have noticed in the Afterburner logs though that both my GPU Usage % and my power consumption seem to be jumping between 100% and 60% like every half second.. still newb so I don't know if this is normal. Basically the card is either maxing out or at just over half but seems unable to find a balance when gaming. 

I'm also thinking that an NVIDIA optimization may have worsened it, so I guess i'll try bringing down some of the stuff that isn't necessary (atm everything is on ULTRA.) 
Card temperatures are max 75 degrees (with an OC) and I have an open air chassis with good air flows and high rpm fans . 

So yeah is it worth tracking back through drivers even if the problem is still there? 
Cheers guys

In Win D-Frame ATX Chassis(Custom White). Intel i5 4670K 3.4Ghz. ASUS Z97 Pro Wifi/AC. EVGA 780ti Superclocked ACX 3GB. Corsair Dominator Platinum 1600mhz 8GB x2. Intel 530 240GB SSD x2. Corsair H100i. Corsair RM650 Modular. Corsair SP120 x7. Noctua RF-8 x2

• 4 months later...

Go into MSI Afterburner and uncheck the "Unlock voltage control" box in the Settings. I get the exact same problem with my GTX 970 and this solved it for me, but give it a try.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!