stock cooling..?

BurgerBum

im curious, on a scale of one to ten... how good was your stock cooling, or... did you even bother?

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

mine didnt come with any

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I would say, it was fine but in prime 95 temps got too high for my liking so I got hyper 212 evo and I could not be happier.

None of these options represent my thoughts, they are all equally dismissive of stock coolers. Short story, they work as intended in all but the most ridiculous environments. It seems that people will bash on anything just for the sake of bashing on it. I mean really you're complaining about the stock cooler that comes with the CPU? do you not have better things to do with your time?

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

got as high as 50c from using the stock cooler

what cpu...? O.o and what did you do with it.... O.o

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

it will be acceptable for stock locked CPUs

It won't be particularly loud nor quiet.

Error: 410

AMD APU stock cooling when I still didn't have a dedicatad graphics card sounded like a jet and the temps were in the barely ok range...

what cpu...? O.o and what did you do with it.... O.o

i think around 50c, i didn't oc it and i had very good air flow in my case. the cpu was a fx 8320

I wanted to OC, so i purchased the beefiest looking cooler i could at a local computer store. Didn't even take the stock cooler out of it's box. (not my pic, but that's the cooler i have) Just wish it came with a 2nd fan for push/pull.

scythe_ninja3_ready2_b.jpg

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

i get 40-50c idle and 60c on load with stock

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

I have no clue, I've got the parts for my first build arriving throughout this week, with the motherboard coming a bit later (2-3 weeks until it ships... damn amazon being slow.. [everything else has 2 day shipping]).

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

My first build had a stock cooler for a little while, but I soon after got a CM Hyper 212 EVO.  My second build (current - used to be a z87 build though) has had the 212 (transferred from first build), NHD14 and currently an H220.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

does the hyper 212 evo come with thermal compund?

-Jim Hensen

I didn't have a good time with my stock intel cooler, got up high 80's or low 90's after extended time folding or sometimes gaming. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

My 7 year old CPU still runs with the stock cooler. I play some heavy games and I'm usually at 80ºC highest.

I don't know about nowadays stock coolers but, as long as you don't push it to its limits, it will do the work. Still does for me.

However, when I buy my new rig, I won't save 50$ on a CPU cooler that supposedly will help keeping my CPU alive for longer.

Hyper 212+/212 Evo is a great example of a good and cheap (if you consider how much you spent on the CPU) CPU cooler.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon