VBC.exe

mizzou852
Go to solution Solved by mizzou852,

Some applications might depend Visual Basic. You can uninstall it now and if an app requires it you can just reinstall it and it might fix the cpu load problem. Visual Basic seems to be making something as nmake.exe is used for making things in Visual Basic.

I couldn't find a program specifically for Visual Basics. I deleted the VBC application and everything that had VBC in it from the Microsoft folder it was located in. But it came back. So I looked in MS Config and saw that Microsoft Visual  C++  redistributable was set to run on start up. I had deleted that when i deleted Microsoft.net framework 4.5. So i disabled that and i haven't had it happen since. So for now it seems to be fixed. But eventually i will need the things i deleted so hopefully i wont have to come back with the same problem.

I just noticed a program called VBC was using 100% of my cpu. If i end the process it starts its self again. I found out its part of Microsoft.net but i dont know how to stop it. 

Check your task scheduler to see if it is starting it on startup and try to look what programs are using this exe by using process explorer.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

So i opened process explorer. The vbc.exe was running under nmke.exe i killed that process. They went away. But they came back again. Using 100% of the CPU. So i went to the file location and deleted nmke.exe. Now its back again. In the same folder. As for the fix. I have never used Visual Basics for anything. And i dont have Microsoft.net 3.5 i have 4.5. I even uninstalled 4.5. There is a chance i downloaded something that caused it. But i dont want to have to do a system restore because the last one i can go back to was the 23rd. So does anyone else have an idea how to fix it before i do the restore? 

did you Autoruns for windows

its like a high level ver of msconfig.

you can kept things from running

http://technet.micro...s/bb963902.aspx

watch the video on it first

http://channel9.msdn...ools-5-Autoruns

use your process explorer to find the app thats loading the cpu to 100%

then use Autoruns to keep it from running at start up

So i opened process explorer. The vbc.exe was running under nmke.exe i killed that process. They went away. But they came back again. Using 100% of the CPU. So i went to the file location and deleted nmke.exe. Now its back again. In the same folder. As for the fix. I have never used Visual Basics for anything. And i dont have Microsoft.net 3.5 i have 4.5. I even uninstalled 4.5. There is a chance i downloaded something that caused it. But i dont want to have to do a system restore because the last one i can go back to was the 23rd. So does anyone else have an idea how to fix it before i do the restore? 

Some applications might depend Visual Basic. You can uninstall it now and if an app requires it you can just reinstall it and it might fix the cpu load problem. Visual Basic seems to be making something as nmake.exe is used for making things in Visual Basic.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I couldn't find a program specifically for Visual Basics. I deleted the VBC application and everything that had VBC in it from the Microsoft folder it was located in. But it came back. So I looked in MS Config and saw that Microsoft Visual  C++  redistributable was set to run on start up. I had deleted that when i deleted Microsoft.net framework 4.5. So i disabled that and i haven't had it happen since. So for now it seems to be fixed. But eventually i will need the things i deleted so hopefully i wont have to come back with the same problem.