How Do People Individually Sleeve 6+2?!

CaffienatedBovine

When I ask that I mean the kind that has the little dangly bit coming out of the 6 pin.

pcie6plus2.jpg

Anybody who knows please do tell.

They sleeve all the way to the 6 pin, then for the +2 they sleeve its wires?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

When I ask that I mean the kind that has the little dangly bit coming out of the 6 pin.

pcie6plus2.jpg

Anybody who knows please do tell.

They do a spice the second wire into the main wire and hide the splice behind the motherboard tray:

From my knowledge the extra 2 pins are just extra grounds to handle the extra power draw of something that uses an 8 pin. So instead of splitting off 2 extra grounds right at the pcie connector split them off at the power supply pcie connector and run the extra grounds up as normal wires.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

From my knowledge the extra 2 pins are just extra grounds to handle the extra power draw of something that uses an 8 pin. So instead of splitting off 2 extra grounds right at the pcie connector split them off at the power supply pcie connector and run the extra grounds up as normal wires.

I don't think those wires would be anywhere near long enough, are you suggesting getting new wires for the extra 2 pins?

They are sleeved intothe cable further  back. Generally though they make you chose between either a 6 pin or 8 pin

I don't think those wires would be anywhere near long enough, are you suggesting getting new wires for the extra 2 pins?

Yea sorry I thought that was obvious :P So yes just use new wires and splice the extra 2 into the 2 grounds on the 6 pin. I guess I should mention you can do the splicing anywhere along the 2 main grounds for the 6 pin, so like in that video linked above he does it so the spliced part is behind the motherboard tray so you can't see them.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/