Keyboards to buy

I am looking to buy a new keyboard because my Razer keyboard that I have now is kinda dying on me, and I need a new Mechanical keyboard for typing and some gaming. I don't need any macros so I am wondering what would be the best keyboard that uses either cherry MX blues, or browns. Please let me know what keyboards you guys use that you like and would recomend.

I am looking to buy a new keyboard because my Razer keyboard that I have now is kinda dying on me, and I need a new Mechanical keyboard for typing and some gaming. I don't need any macros so I am wondering what would be the best keyboard that uses either cherry MX blues, or browns. Please let me know what keyboards you guys use that you like and would recomend.

corsair K70 

cooler master quickfire rapid 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

also how much do keycaps have to do when it comes to mechanical keyboards. what should i do?

also how much do keycaps have to do when it comes to mechanical keyboards. what should i do?

I recommend always getting after market keycaps if you are going to go without LEDs. I would say get a DAS and find a keycap set you like. I would recommend double shots or metal keycaps if you want it ti last forever. If you can find some double shot sphericals BUY THEM!!!! They are my faves and almost everyone likes them that have tried them ^^

Quick fire is also great for the price ^^

I recommend always getting after market keycaps if you are going to go without LEDs. I would say get a DAS and find a keycap set you like. I would recommend double shots or metal keycaps if you want it ti last forever. If you can find some double shot sphericals BUY THEM!!!! They are my faves and almost everyone likes them that have tried them ^^

Quick fire is also great for the price ^^

i dont really mind the price of the actual board it's self but the upgraded keycaps would be a later deal. i was just curious if it would have an effect on typing speed.  and i will look into the other keycaps if they really have a good effect on typing

i dont really mind the price of the actual board it's self but the upgraded keycaps would be a later deal. i was just curious if it would have an effect on typing speed.  and i will look into the other keycaps if they really have a good effect on typing

Oh heck yeah. When you find the perfect keycaps for you than it can increase your typing speed by 10-20 wpm. It is amazing. Nickle plated keycaps and solid stainless steel keycaps make my reds feel like nothing. The reset time is a little longer, but it takes no effort to actuate them. Feels so amazing ^^

@ittom14

If you don't want your letters to wear out then I highly recommend getting a keyboard that has thick PBT keycaps.

The Ducky Premier is one option.

http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/Ducky_Premier_DK9008P_bu+gy.html

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

@Raichuboy17 can you send me some links to your favorite keyboards and your favorite keycaps that would be much appreciated. i was looking around and found that the das keyboard, filco, and ducky keyboards are they best. what do you think about that

@Raichuboy17 can you send me some links to your favorite keyboards and your favorite keycaps that would be much appreciated. i was looking around and found that the das keyboard, filco, and ducky keyboards are they best. what do you think about that

Don't know too much about filco, but yeah das and ducky are great. Ducky can just be hard to find sometimes in the right color or switch. Personally I really don't like Ducky (over priced for me and function keys are the devil. Though they are the only guys who have white backlit keycaps so i can't dis them too much). DAS keyboards are built like a tank. You can try to smash a DAS and you will most likely fail. I really like the look of the new DAS ultimate 4, but if you have a dac or a headset with a  volume wheel in it I would just get the cheapest DAS, if you are looking for a tank-like keyboard (A model S used is usually under 100$). Personally, I LOVE the k70 for it's media keys, wheel, and the fact that it is fairly inexpensive. They do have the LED problem, but if you don't intend to use the LED feature than I would say go for that. Still solidly built, cheap, and has dedicated media keys (which for me are a must). If you really want a tkl(-ish) keyboard I would go Quick Fire TK.

For keycaps I would go on deskthority. 7bit makes the sphericals and the metal ones are here http://www.ttesports.com/Accessory_/147/METALCAPS/productPage.htm?a=a&g=ftr#.VAQRFvldVVk. I haven't bought the ones from 7bit but i have used sphericals before, and I love them.

Here are some more metal keycaps http://www.geekkeys.com/37-keysets/

Don't know too much about filco, but yeah das and ducky are great. Ducky can just be hard to find sometimes in the right color or switch. Personally I really don't like Ducky (over priced for me and function keys are the devil. Though they are the only guys who have white backlit keycaps so i can't dis them too much). DAS keyboards are built like a tank. You can try to smash a DAS and you will most likely fail. I really like the look of the new DAS ultimate 4, but if you have a dac or a headset with a  volume wheel in it I would just get the cheapest DAS, if you are looking for a tank-like keyboard (A model S used is usually under 100$). Personally, I LOVE the k70 for it's media keys, wheel, and the fact that it is fairly inexpensive. They do have the LED problem, but if you don't intend to use the LED feature than I would say go for that. Still solidly built, cheap, and has dedicated media keys (which for me are a must). If you really want a tkl(-ish) keyboard I would go Quick Fire TK.

For keycaps I would go on deskthority. 7bit makes the sphericals and the metal ones are here http://www.ttesports.com/Accessory_/147/METALCAPS/productPage.htm?a=a&g=ftr#.VAQRFvldVVk. I haven't bought the ones from 7bit but i have used sphericals before, and I love them.

Here are some more metal keycaps http://www.geekkeys.com/37-keysets/

yeah you said something about double shot keycaps. would they have around the same effect as the metal ones just cheaper?

yeah you said something about double shot keycaps. would they have around the same effect as the metal ones just cheaper?

They are just thicker plastic keycaps, and they don't have that chiming sound when you press them. They have a different feel, a bit more dead feeling than the metal keycaps IMO. There are 3 common keycap plastics: ABS, PTB, and POM. PTB is the hardest and most resilient plastic, but is also a bit rough to the touch. ABS is the most common keycap materiel, it will be the onces that come on your keyboard, they have a slight roughness to them but not that much. They are also pretty weak, If you are a hard typist than they might break on you. POM is not as strong as PTB but is significantly stronger than ABS, and is the smoothest of the 3. I really like them for short term use, but when you have sweat on your hands you will slip a bit. If you are going to be doing long typing or gaming sessions I would recommend PTB double-shot. 

alright thank you for your help with the keycaps and they seem pretty cheap so ill get a pack of those when i get my new keyboard.