Compatability

jimmyyy

Is there a web site that will allow you to put in all the parts you are looking at purchasing for a computer build and identify any compatability issues?  I am getting ready to click the buy button on new egg and even though i personally looked everything up, thought it might be worth a second look if there is one available out there before i jack up my credit card to post christmas rates again.  Thank you!

Pcpartpicker.com My Friend. Welcome.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

looks like i am going to save about 150.00 by ordering from 4 different stores.  Thanks for the tip!  Anyone see any problems here, or suggestions both are very much welcome.

post-123351-0-51335900-1409520101_thumb.

The case seems to come with decent fans, and a bit of noise really does not bother me as i use headphones to game or when working on engineering drawings.  The two main uses are AUTOCAD and gaming, i also like to hook up my large external drive for music and media as well.  I really only have the cash to do this once, and that took alot of honey do type of activities, so any advice much appreciated. 

looks like i am going to save about 150.00 by ordering from 4 different stores.  Thanks for the tip!  Anyone see any problems here, or suggestions both are very much welcome.

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

That SSD seems quite expensive, of course it is an Intel SSD and so I've heard that they have great reliability. I bought my Samsung 840 EVO 250GB for $130 :P

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

-snip-

you can't overclock on H97. So  there's no point in getting a unlocked CPU. Either get a Z97 or get a locked CPU.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

That SSD seems quite expensive, of course it is an Intel SSD and so I've heard that they have great reliability. I bought my Samsung 840 EVO 250GB for $130 :P

I got mine for 180ish. Great SSD

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Thank you!  I did not know that, is any of the Z97's better than the other, or is just down to preference, i just want the 32GB ram. 

Thank you!  I did not know that, is any of the Z97's better than the other, or is just down to preference, i just want the 32GB ram. 

It doesn't matter that much. I usually always recommend the Asus Z97-A, it's a bit pricey, at $145 on Amazon I believe. I've seen a lot of people recommending the MSI Z97 PC MATE, it's much cheaper, at I believe around $80, although I don't know what compromises were made to reach that price.

I got mine for 180ish. Great SSD

I went with an intel due to the fact, that every video that i have seen on them (linus included) has great reviews for reliablity.  The only thing i am putting on this is SSD is Windows and my favorite game.  Everything else is going on the WD black which I have seen some great reviews on.

Okay replacing the motherboard with this  GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard  for 199.00  Good Choice or no? 

You could probably save yourself some money and go with a cheaper board. It won't affect performance and you save some money. The Asus Z97-A is apparently the "1# Best Seller in Computer Motherboards".

Asus Z97-A ($145): http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Z97--DDR3-2600-Motherboards/dp/B00K2MAU5Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409521260&sr=8-1&keywords=Z97-A

It doesn't matter that much. I usually always recommend the Asus Z97-A, it's a bit pricey, at $145 on Amazon I believe. I've seen a lot of people recommending the MSI Z97 PC MATE, it's much cheaper, at I believe around $80, although I don't know what compromises were made to reach that price.

I will have a look at that board now.  Maybe a few more days before I click the buy button would like to get it right the first time. 

I think this board will do the job.  Thank you for your assistance.

ASUS Z97-A ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1150 Motherboards Z97-A

da fuck

can you tell us why you chose these parts? 

I thought i would need more cooling, but its loaded with fans already.

da fuck

can you tell us why you chose these parts? 

Sure, feel free to offer replacements. 

The case, i just really like it, its large and plenty of room to work. 

The CPU seems to have decent reviews and if i want to overclock i can as its unlocked.  Also I want the speed of the I7 processor

The CPU Cooler, seemed to have decent reviews and the cost was right

The mother board needed to have the 32GB ram and be well built, this one seems to have decent reviews.

The RAM, i currently have 8, and the system i use at home is an I5, but locks up when i try to do to much at once, i was thinking 32GB of Ram might stop that from happening

The SSD, they are quicker, went with Intel as I have heard nothing but good things about them.  The WD Black seems to have good reviews as well, and in the future if I add drives i can use a RAID system

The Video Card, i have been beating myself up over this for a while, and i think the single Titan offers exactly what i need, all be it most likely overkill.  The games that i play are mostly Call of Duty FPS type games. 

I hope this answers your questions.  Please feel free to comment if i am off base here, as this is my first computer build. 

This is what my Auto Cad requires to run, i personally think the memory stated is way to low.  Beyond this, its just web surfing, you tube and my FPS games.  Figured I would post this and see if i am over or under buying. 

For 64-bit AutoCAD 2014

• Windows® 8 and Windows® 8.1 (requires installation of the Model Documentation hotfix) Standard, Enterprise, or Professional edition, Windows 7 Enterprise, Ultimate, Professional, or Home Premium edition (compare Windows versions), or Windows XP Professional (SP2 or later)
  • Athlon 64 with SSE2 technology, AMD Opteron™ processor with SSE2 technology, Intel® Xeon® processor with Intel EM64T support and SSE2 technology, or Pentium 4 with Intel EM64T support and SSE2 technology
  • 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
  • 6 GB free space for installation
  • 1,024 x 768 display resolution with true color (1,600 x 1,050 recommended)
  • Internet Explorer 7 or later
  • Install from download or DVD

Additional requirements for large datasets, point clouds, and 3D modeling (all configurations)

• Pentium 4 or Athlon processor, 3 GHz or greater, or Intel or AMD dual-core processor, 2 GHz or greater
  • 4 GB RAM or more
  • 6 GB hard disk space available in addition to free space required for installation
  • 1,280 x 1,024 true color video display adapter 128 MB or greater, Pixel Shader 3.0 or greater, Microsoft® Direct3D®-capable workstation-class graphics card

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($74.99 @ NCIX US) 

Motherboard: MSI Z97-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($122.99 @ Newegg) 

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($118.99 @ Amazon) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($378.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 

Total: $1281.93

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-31 18:45 EDT-0400

i'd recommend this

When posting pcpartpicker builds you can either copy & paste the permalink - top left above the build list, or click the Export/Markup button, select the BBCode option and copy and paste the contents of the window.

While pcpartpicker is a great resource do not count on it being entirely accurate when it comes to compatibility. You should still check dimensions and psu connectors to make sure everything will fit and get appropriate power.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.