No internet thru Asus RT-AC66U

jomanj

I just recently had DSL installed in my new home as it is the only service available around here besides satellite.

The internet works fine through the modem provided by my service provider, however when I try to hook the router up I have nothing for WIRED connection. I have yet to test wireless. When I get to the quick internet setup, it detects that I have DSL but always reverts back to step one and generally tells me my connection has timed out.

I've tried with the supplied cable from the provider to the router and the supplied cable with the router to my PC. I've also tried with a Cat 5e cable to the router and the supplied cable with the router to my PC. And yes I am using the correct port on the router.

Please help me set up this router. I will provide more info if needed. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I just recently had DSL installed in my new home as it is the only service available around here besides satellite.

The internet works fine through the modem provided by my service provider, however when I try to hook the router up I have nothing for WIRED connection. I have yet to test wireless. When I get to the quick internet setup, it detects that I have DSL but always reverts back to step one and generally tells me my connection has timed out.

I've tried with the supplied cable from the provider to the router and the supplied cable with the router to my PC. I've also tried with a Cat 5e cable to the router and the supplied cable with the router to my PC. And yes I am using the correct port on the router.

Please help me set up this router. I will provide more info if needed. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

A bit more information might be needed.

First, does your Modem support a "Modem Only" or "Gateway Only" mode? (This will disable any built-in Router functionality).

If possible, you want the modem to be in "Modem Only" mode (Some modems are always in this mode and don't support advanced router features - depends on your box), and then have the ASUS Router "dial" into the modem using PPPoE and your user login and password.

Otherwise, if your modem happens to be a modem/router combo box that cannot be put into modem only mode, then you need to set the ASUS Router for DHCP for the WAN port. This will tell the Router to use NAT (Network Address Translation) between the router and modem.

Have you tried troubleshooting this with your ISP?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)